Getting Married In tunisia

Jane BM

We are all good thanks Roulla, I hope you and your family are well too. I just wouldnt ant to see someone else getting married in MY dress that was made to fit ME. It sounds funny but its MINE and I dont want another woman to be photographed in it. LOL
Mr B has worn his suit again but its different for a man as they get more use out of a suit. I think i might get strange looks if i wore my dress to another celebration.
You can always pass it down to your daughter now Gem!!:)

gem15

You can always pass it down to your daughter now Gem!!:)
Thats one idea. If she was a baby to be christened I would of had her gown made out of the train that i had.

Jane BM

Thats one idea. If she was a baby to be christened I would of had her gown made out of the train that i had.
I did think that too...then i remembered...lol

huttan

Ooh id have wanted to slap them!!! lol.......i just think they do the most tasteful, appropriate. like you say, simpledresses for weddings that are abroad...i was totally spoilt for choice.......plus id done the whole merangue before and didnt want to go down that road again...;)
Do you have a photo of your dress? I like dresses with not much bling bling...I promise you one thing...if they say simple about yours-their heads will start spinning around later if they will se what I have in mind and that is very simple...just a simple white dress with some lace...with little romantic style-thats all. :D

The only thing that could get me into something like bling bling dress would be if he begged on his knees asking me to do it....but he knows what I feel about it...and the problem is...I would probably laugh and cant stop and then start crying because Im lauging and there goes the makeup!;):rolleyes::D ...

Jane BM

Do you have a photo of your dress? I like dresses with not much bling bling...I promise you one thing...if they say simple about yours-their heads will start spinning around later if they will se what I have in mind and that is very simple...just a simple white dress with some lace...with little romantic style-thats all. :D

The only thing that could get me into something like bling bling dress would be if he begged on his knees asking me to do it....but he knows what I feel about it...and the problem is...I would probably laugh and cant stop and then start crying because Im lauging and there goes the makeup!;):rolleyes::D ...
I will try and dig one out and get hubby to put on here (im hopeless at that!!), but if you go onto Monsoon website..they have a bridal section and they have some simply beautiful elegant dresses...that definitely ARE wedding dresses but without all the frills and fuss....

huttan

I will try and dig one out and get hubby to put on here (im hopeless at that!!), but if you go onto Monsoon website..they have a bridal section and they have some simply beautiful elegant dresses...that definitely ARE wedding dresses but without all the frills and fuss....
Looked at their site...very nice dresses!:) Have found simular dresses but of course not that quality(you get what yo pay for as usual)...for around 1/4 of the prices on there. It looks the same...but it doesnt take a genius to count out that the cheap ones isnt for the long run...but I dont care...its for one day.;)

I like when its elegant....the bling bling a la Tunisia isnt my thing...everyone has to choose what they like for their own wedding. I dont say its wrong-just not my style with the bling bling...some glitter can be fine but not overdo it-then it will just look cheap instead and not classy at all.(well just my way of opinion);)

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding Huttan.

Elegant is always good IMO and agree with you, style is very personal choice to everyone. It wasn't that long ago here in the UK when girls married in white with the huge traditional type dresses, massive trains, etc.
LIke everything else, styles change.

It's nice to be individual.

Nainai

Definitely a market for it....few years ago there were so many bridal shops in the UK as well...and 2nd hand ones...seems to have petered off a bit here though now....but yes i reckon in Tunisia you could make a gold mine doing something like that...oohh given me some ideas now for a 'venture'....lol
If we didn't get the visa that was our plan b, like that would give me something to do there and old work for myself. Hubby's sister is a seamstress/dressmaker so on hand for any alterations needed.

Deff still a plan for us to look into in the future when we return to tunisia, weddings is a HUGE market there and with something with a European tag it's a bit of a no brainer :)

I did have the huge "princess" dress, it had its own seat on the plane! Hehe. Totally opposite for what I had always envisaged for myself but like you Gem, it's mine and I'd never sell it. It currently lives in he wardrobe in MIL house in Bizerte............too big to store in any wardrobe here! ;-)

Jane BM

o
If we didn't get the visa that was our plan b, like that would give me something to do there and old work for myself. Hubby's sister is a seamstress/dressmaker so on hand for any alterations needed.

Deff still a plan for us to look into in the future when we return to tunisia, weddings is a HUGE market there and with something with a European tag it's a bit of a no brainer :)

I did have the huge "princess" dress, it had its own seat on the plane! Hehe. Totally opposite for what I had always envisaged for myself but like you Gem, it's mine and I'd never sell it. It currently lives in he wardrobe in MIL house in Bizerte............too big to store in any wardrobe here! ;-)
oh so when we both go back to Bizerte then we can set up a partnership....lol:p

Nainai

o

oh so when we both go back to Bizerte then we can set up a partnership....lol:p
PERFECT!!!! Especially with your business mind ;-)

Thinking to buy and to hire, as we know they like to rent their dresses x

huttan

Thank´s Essem...:)

The dresses I have been looking at is little shorter...wonder what I can use without heads starting to be spinning around? haha;):D

deedee

Hi all,

Anybody know where you can hire in Sousse or surrounding area?

Many Thanks

huttan

Wedding dresses of "princess-type" can be nice:) The photos of your dress was nice...cant have that bad memory...

Its just the Tunisia bling bling...you almost go blind looking at it...its just tooooo much bling bling!;)

annh

I once saw them in a shop near the Riadh Palms but I don't know if they were selling them or you can hire them.
If you walk over the big roundabout in front of Riad in direction of town centre you take the road straight ahead, so not the street were the hotels are. First you have few tourist shops on your right hand, on the left hand is a men's cafe and a hairdresser and there was also that shop...

deedee

I once saw them in a shop near the Riadh Palms but I don't know if they were selling them or you can hire them.
If you walk over the big roundabout in front of Riad in direction of town centre you take the road straight ahead, so not the street were the hotels are. First you have few tourist shops on your right hand, on the left hand is a men's cafe and a hairdresser and there was also that shop...
Hey annh,
Thanks yes I know where the Riad Palms is and I think I know the street your talking about walked down there couple of mths ago. Typical didn't even notice but was not looking at the time. Be there end of May will definately go along and find out. Thank you

gem15

If you see a small shop with the odd chair outside with a fancyish cover they are most likely to be for hire. There are pleny area and do many different colours and types. Theres a few in Khzema but im sure your partner/husband will know where to get them from if not his mother will for sure.

Jane BM

Wedding dresses of "princess-type" can be nice:) The photos of your dress was nice...cant have that bad memory...

Its just the Tunisia bling bling...you almost go blind looking at it...its just tooooo much bling bling!;)
I think probably people like you and I Huttan are showing our age...lol:p, we prefer the understated now for ourselves....it really is each to their own...when i married my now ex husband i spent a FORTUNE on my wedding dress and it really was the most perfect wedding dress i could imagine in my head, and i did feel like a fairytale princess..a bit like Nainai did for her wedding....and i dont regret it for even one minute...which is probably why when i married Aymen last year i knew i didnt want the same kind of dress and wanted something that was a bit more understated but equally as beautiful...and of course 'comfort' goes a long way for me now....i even wore flipflops instead of 'proper' shoes....lol...

huttan

I think probably people like you and I Huttan are showing our age...lol:p, we prefer the understated now for ourselves....it really is each to their own...when i married my now ex husband i spent a FORTUNE on my wedding dress and it really was the most perfect wedding dress i could imagine in my head, and i did feel like a fairytale princess..a bit like Nainai did for her wedding....and i dont regret it for even one minute...which is probably why when i married Aymen last year i knew i didnt want the same kind of dress and wanted something that was a bit more understated but equally as beautiful...and of course 'comfort' goes a long way for me now....i even wore flipflops instead of 'proper' shoes....lol...
I still think the idea of just getting the paper and run is good hahaha;)

For the photos a bag with two holes over my head would do just great!;):D

Essem

Staff member

Yes and for most of these Tunisian women it's their first (and perhaps only) marriage - I think it'll remain a tradition for a few years yet.