Getting Married In tunisia

huttan

Yes and for most of these Tunisian women it's their first (and perhaps only) marriage - I think it'll remain a tradition for a few years yet.
If they like their traditions I see nothing wrong in that...we cant all like the same...that would be a boring world to live in if we all wanted the same thing.

Nainai

I think probably people like you and I Huttan are showing our age...lol:p, we prefer the understated now for ourselves....it really is each to their own...when i married my now ex husband i spent a FORTUNE on my wedding dress and it really was the most perfect wedding dress i could imagine in my head, and i did feel like a fairytale princess..a bit like Nainai did for her wedding....and i dont regret it for even one minute...which is probably why when i married Aymen last year i knew i didnt want the same kind of dress and wanted something that was a bit more understated but equally as beautiful...and of course 'comfort' goes a long way for me now....i even wore flipflops instead of 'proper' shoes....lol...
Exactly, i never imagined I would go with the fairytale dress. I actually wanted a grecian style dress but when I tried some on it just didn't suit me, so my friends jokingly picked out this huge one and I was literally crying with laughter but after the bridal lady finished tying me into it there was just silence from us all.......................it was "the one" :D and now looking back I felt like such a princess I wouldn't change it for the world.

Yes Huttan not too much bling on mine just a few sparkles, i agree the Tunisian dresses are a little OTT but they manage to pull it off I don't think I could, the same way I couldn't pull off that amount of make-up :eek:! LOL

lainie

i bought the first dress i tried on - saw it online and fell in love with it
took longer to choose shoes, lol

Jane BM

Exactly, i never imagined I would go with the fairytale dress. I actually wanted a grecian style dress but when I tried some on it just didn't suit me, so my friends jokingly picked out this huge one and I was literally crying with laughter but after the bridal lady finished tying me into it there was just silence from us all.......................it was "the one" :D and now looking back I felt like such a princess I wouldn't change it for the world.

Yes Huttan not too much bling on mine just a few sparkles, i agree the Tunisian dresses are a little OTT but they manage to pull it off I don't think I could, the same way I couldn't pull off that amount of make-up :eek:! LOL
Yep i had seen 'the one' in Monsoon and literally just went in to make sure it fit and to buy it...was convinced it was perfect..........then tried them all on...and ended up with one i never dreamed i would want...just goes to show you...;).
And no i couldnt get away with that much makeup either...in that heat!!!!!, would have been slip sliding all down my face...lol

Nainai

Yep i had seen 'the one' in Monsoon and literally just went in to make sure it fit and to buy it...was convinced it was perfect..........then tried them all on...and ended up with one i never dreamed i would want...just goes to show you...;).
And no i couldnt get away with that much makeup either...in that heat!!!!!, would have been slip sliding all down my face...lol
The lady in the bridal shop told me thatsalays the way..............bride comes in trys on the one she THINKS she wants and ends up buying the opposite! LOL

Not sure what they put in that make up as its like war paint, me and my sister sneaked off to the toilet to wipe it off for me to start over again and do it myself........................................face wipes didn't work petty much exfoliated my face just to get the stuff off. Luckily was ready early so started from scratch while hiding in a tiny toilet using just a compact mirror :rolleyes: Oh the DRAMA............................LOL

huttan

Hehe the make up...will do that part my self...cant have something like that on the photos...then someone would think Im something that has been picked up on the east street that men pays £50 for having some "good time" with haha

Trulymadlydeeply

Well unlike me the EXs family took over and did/arranged everything even down to the dress that I had not seen until I got there!!!!! All he kept saying was its white and there is somthing at your bum????!!!!! It was bling, white covered in sequins sooooo heavy but was like Ali Baba trousers that looked like a long skirt with a bodice top and a huge train...that was the soething at my bom as he said, ;):eek: loved it at the time......

Reba1986

I looked liked a bloody drag queen by the time they finished with me :eek: So much slap on, it took me a year to get it off!

Reba1986

The lady in the bridal shop told me thatsalays the way..............bride comes in trys on the one she THINKS she wants and ends up buying the opposite! LOL

Not sure what they put in that make up as its like war paint, me and my sister sneaked off to the toilet to wipe it off for me to start over again and do it myself........................................face wipes didn't work petty much exfoliated my face just to get the stuff off. Luckily was ready early so started from scratch while hiding in a tiny toilet using just a compact mirror :rolleyes: Oh the DRAMA............................LOL

Ditto! But I had to re-arrange mine on the way to the wedding....

missmetal

I love bling....but it has to be MY STYLE and that of course does not occur in Tunisia lol! I've never had a princess style dress...would love to...but it would have to be something that fits my style and likely black or red. My wedding to hubby was a black rockabilly dress, with a black bolero and a birdcage flower piece for my vail, black of coarse with some red in it and a red flower pinned to my bolero...a little 40/50's influence, except I had chuck converse boots....that was my one requirement for my tiny wedding party...we all wear converse.

The looks and questions were priceless....I'm sure I broke his mums heart a little as I was to in white. Lol!

huttan

I love bling....but it has to be MY STYLE and that of course does not occur in Tunisia lol! I've never had a princess style dress...would love to...but it would have to be something that fits my style and likely black or red. My wedding to hubby was a black rockabilly dress, with a black bolero and a birdcage flower piece for my vail, black of coarse with some red in it and a red flower pinned to my bolero...a little 40/50's influence, except I had chuck converse boots....that was my one requirement for my tiny wedding party...we all wear converse.

The looks and questions were priceless....I'm sure I broke his mums heart a little as I was to in white. Lol!
Did see a stunning black dress with some bling bling(not much) with flowerpatterns in silver....that one was nice!

C

Cas

I went into town picked up a VERY short white cotton lace, very plain, actually have seen them around this year. I was all legs way back then and very long hair, My Dad went and bought me a dozen pink roses, we bought rings in Kabul off a man sitting cross legged on his dried mud platform in his shop and mine was too big so had another one from a shop in the Bull Ring Br`um to keep the other one on.....That`s all ! 42 years ago......

deedee

Thanks Gem...

Hubby don't have a clue always telling me it's the 1st time he's married and does not know. lol bless him xx

Scottochott

The road from Sousse entering Akouda has a cornucopia of bridal shops, you'll see chairs stacked outside with covers to match any colour you choose

Noor

Hello there,
What are the required documents to marry in Tunisia if both of us not Tunisian?
And how long time the process will take, we both Arab and Muslim (I am Palestinian and my fiancé Algerian).
Thank you

C

Cas

Just went in the "ceremony " shop in Sousse, I really think opportunity for export here to the UK, along with chair covers at a decent price.

crazypink

Hello there,
What are the required documents to marry in Tunisia if both of us not Tunisian?
And how long time the process will take, we both Arab and Muslim (I am Palestinian and my fiancé Algerian).
Thank you
I think at least one of you has to be Tunisian to marry in Tunisia.

gem15

I think at least one of you has to be Tunisian to marry in Tunisia.
I dont think thats true CP. Didnt we have 1 member that was marrying her Algerian boyfriend over here?

Noor

I dont think thats true CP. Didnt we have 1 member that was marrying her Algerian boyfriend over here?
please I need more information about it,,, anyone can help:(