Getting Married In tunisia

Mezoo

VIP Member
Don't know about that one,,,but my experience,,,with many people and friends is it's easier for Americans,,,that's all.
And who can venture a guess anyway what a government is doing with some of these goofy rules and requirements. It's only love after all !!:):):):)

AND I do know that the Tunisian government does NOT recognize when a Tunisian female is married to a NON Tunisian, NON Islamic person. They default to not recognized. After many years of marriage we have finally got my name on her birth certificate and that was a real drama too.

anderson

thanx everyone for help. just another quick question though. is it right that applications now for visas have to be online or is it just that there is that option there now? because i heard before that you would go to embassey in tunis and apply for it in person then but now its all changed!

Scoobydoo

Yeah i didnt register mine, didnt really see the need, doesnt make the marriage any more valid and i also didnt want to give the thieving embassy/government any more money than necessary!!!

Yes Anderson, all visa applications have to now be done online. THe applicant then goes to the embassy to take supporting documents and get finger prints taken etc. An appointment can be made for this at the time of application.

pej

AND I do know that the Tunisian government does NOT recognize when a Tunisian female is married to a NON Tunisian, NON Islamic person. They default to not recognized. After many years of marriage we have finally got my name on her birth certificate and that was a real drama too.

Yes I know, it has always been that way... it is funny how the Tunisian government picks and chooses when it wants to be Muslim or not. A Tunisian woman can't get married to a non-Muslim, although a non-Tunisian Muslim is fine. But, if Tunisia is a Muslim country, then why do the police harass women wearing headscarves? Going to University for instance is not easy if you want to wear a headscarf. I fail to see how this affects the studies but hey...

Mistle253

Getting married in 4 weeks

Hi everyone i joined a few weeks ago and thought i would say Hi , I'm getting married in 4 weeks in Sousse, and can't wait ! I met my guy last april at the Sahara B, anyway take care all and hopefully chat to u all soon x :)

KIZZEY

Hi ya! Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a lovely day and congratulations to you both x:)

Sana

www.tunisia.com

Hi welcome to the forum :) congratulations :)

arabchique

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations!!!

May you have many happy years ahead!! :)

xx

sparkle

congrats x

Trulymadlydeeply

Welcome mistle253, I hope you enjoy the forum...:)

tiffjay

hi welcome to the forum.
congratulations on your up comming wedding xxxx

caley

Welcome!! Oooh bet ur excited!!!! Where you tieing the not then? xx

caley

ignore that....ive just re-read ur first post.....SOUSSE!!!!!...ignore me, im tired!! xx

SilverMoonlight

Hi everyone i joined a few weeks ago and thought i would say Hi , I'm getting married in 4 weeks in Sousse, and can't wait ! I met my guy last april at the Sahara B, anyway take care all and hopefully chat to u all soon x :)

Welcome in the forum Mistle and CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding.:)

ROULLA

Hi Mistle253,

Hope that you are in good health ! Welcome to the forum ,hope that you enjoy it.....You must have quite a few things do still but hey nevermind it will all be worth it in the end...Hope that you have the best day of your life, goodluck for the future and don't forget to show us all your photos of the big day..take care

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Mistle and congratulations on your forthcoming marriage.

hollysahbi

Welcome to the forum good luck with you marriage. You met in the sahara beach i love this hotel i met my hubby there 2 years ago now he doesnt work there anymore but maybe he and your hubby to be know each other? xxxxxxxx

shell

Congratulations and good luck hunny...
Hope you have a lovely day...
Thats another one from Sahara beach, me, Holly and and you ;)
Proof there is some good ones from there mixed in with the naughty boys...
x x

Mistle253

thanks everyone for the warm wishes, I'm getting really excited now. He used to work as security at the S B (Holly & Shell) he's not working there anymore, he's now working at the Vime Helya opposite the airport, his names Mehdi , you'll have to ask you hubby if he knows him Holly.

sparkle

Mistle if your guy is coming here he can apply for a job in security they pay really well