Good and trustworthy car-rentals near Tunis Carthage AirPort and Hammamet

Jen<3Amir

hi!
Im wondering if anyone has any good company that rent cars in July?
My parents want a "real" company hehe IF you know what I mean.

Husband and I dnt care WHO owns the var or where just in the Hammamet area and with AC and GPS. :) and someone we can trust.

Any ideas?
Aychek and nharek zin!

love is forever

I also have a rental car question. I would like to know if rental cars have a different tag then private owner rentals. I was told the police give people in rentals a hard time. I am new at traveling to Tunisia and I ask my boyfriend who lives there questions but I don't know if he is being truthful. He says a private rental is better because it will have a black tag. But they cost like 900 dollars. Also he don't want the police to bother us because I am from the United States.

gem15

If you have all the correct paperwork for a hire car there should be no problem. Yes you may get stopped on a regular basis but so what if it saves you money.

All hire cars have blue license plates and private owned cars have black plates. He may know someone who has a car to borrow from but depending on how long your going for 900 does seem a bit excessive.

love is forever

Oh thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

Jane BM

I also have a rental car question. I would like to know if rental cars have a different tag then private owner rentals. I was told the police give people in rentals a hard time. I am new at traveling to Tunisia and I ask my boyfriend who lives there questions but I don't know if he is being truthful. He says a private rental is better because it will have a black tag. But they cost like 900 dollars. Also he don't want the police to bother us because I am from the United States.
900 dollars is an obscene amount of money to hire a car. Unless you're staying there for months on end. Dependent on the season between 50-80 tnd a day is the going rate.

love is forever

Does 600 sound like a good price for 10 days?

Essem

Staff member
At this time of the year it should be around 40 dinars a day for car rental.

Trulymadlydeeply

Depends when you are going really. High season you may get charged that but low season more like 400TD