Good & Bad Points about Tunisian Men

ali8

Lynn your not stupid you said yourself that you have done something about it and everyone makes mistakes we are only human at the end of the day .
Don't for one minute let him know or think that you have been given some money because like Essem said he will think that you can survive and he can carry on sending money to his family in Tunisia.

I think that if my husband had earned a low wage of lets say £200 per week and I also knew that his family were hard up then I would compromise as I do like sharing to an extent, I would suggest that each month he is allowed if you like to send £50 that is more than enough, does he have any siblings and if so do they not work, surely the whole family is only depending on your husband and if so then I would be the first person on the blower to tell them to get up from their arses and get a job.. I do not believe for one minute that your husband is the main provider because how did they survive in Tunisia when he was not working ?

Don't blame yourself ,just don't allow him to take any more liberties than he already has taken from you.
You could always send him round my house for a few home truths from me and my husband ;) but then again he will probably wish that he never set foot in the UK in the first place:(
Take care Lynn:) x x
Thanks to 'back door' shenanigans and excellent reconstructive surgery!
What do u mean?

Trulymadlydeeply

Roaring trade in surgery for the women there to have their bits made to be like new :p:rolleyes:

DARK ANGEL

Any news Ali8 or ur in the same point?

ali8

Is it allowed to upload voice recordings.for translation?

Scottochott

Is it allowed to upload voice recordings.for translation?

Yes, but bear in mind as this is a public forum you may be posting personal information!

bichouk

I can't generalise about all Tunisian men cos I'm only with the one...lol...however I like his sense of family and responsibility. He doesn't just think of himself. He also is a grafter, not necessarily a Tunisian trait!! Lots of little things really, but not really because he's a Tunisian...just so happens really that he is.
i have been with my husband who is tunisian who i met on holiday in 1990. we got married on my birthday in august 1991. we have had sad times, (2 ectopic pregnancie)s and social services refused to let us adopt from tunisia as i was depressed, who wouldnt be after 2 ectopics. but skander has worked hard, never claimed any money, worked three jobs, we now own our semi detached house. His family are so close to me, always take my side :). He is a fabulous cook, works around the house and is my best friend. He is VERY untidy but his good points far outweigh his bad. He cared for my dad in the house for 13 years with alzheimers. I am so lucky to have married my soul mate and my best friend. I could not wish for a better husband. He is loyal and loving.

My first husband who was irish and i divorced in 1983 was a lying, cheating, drunk who used to hit me. I wish I had been with skander longer. He makes me very happy and I am glad I married him.

Jane BM

i have been with my husband who is tunisian who i met on holiday in 1990. we got married on my birthday in august 1991. we have had sad times, (2 ectopic pregnancie)s and social services refused to let us adopt from tunisia as i was depressed, who wouldnt be after 2 ectopics. but skander has worked hard, never claimed any money, worked three jobs, we now own our semi detached house. His family are so close to me, always take my side :). He is a fabulous cook, works around the house and is my best friend. He is VERY untidy but his good points far outweigh his bad. He cared for my dad in the house for 13 years with alzheimers. I am so lucky to have married my soul mate and my best friend. I could not wish for a better husband. He is loyal and loving.

My first husband who was irish and i divorced in 1983 was a lying, cheating, drunk who used to hit me. I wish I had been with skander longer. He makes me very happy and I am glad I married him.
Well your marriage has clearly stood the test of time....sounds like you bagged yourself a good man Bichouk.....xx

Trulymadlydeeply

So lovely to hear bichouk.. Wishing you many more happy years together

Donna Said

My husband is so romantic he still surprises me with flowers after 21 years, his loyalty to me and our families is unfaltering, he loves family get togethers
he never gives up on a dream since our time together he has pushed himself to improve, he took up boxing and won his ABA British Amateur and was runner up the second year and travelled to Canada to compete in Niagara Falls, another win.
He took up running and won the 5K on the first race.
He started work with an agency two weeks after arriving in the UK the company were so impressed with his work ethic he was taken on as full time, he wanted to learn paint spraying a higher paid job so he used to spray in his lunch time, he got good at it so was transferred to the spraying unit, he has faced many challenges in the UK but has never taken no as an answer, I admire his spirit and he has so much heart. I love the fact that he is honest and never keeps anything he finds such as mobile phones or money in the street, always tries to find the owner or the money goes to charity. He maths and English was not brilliant but he went to college to get his exams, in short he has achieved a lot more than I have..
The niggles are: nose picking lol whats all that about still till this day, nothing is ever done in the right order and if an event is happening in Tunisia there is far too much drama, but why do they shout when they are just having a conversation sometimes I thought world war three had broken out but next they are laughing and joking.
I met a star and now have a Diamond I would not swap for the world.

janette

So lovely and refreshing to hear and I'm delighted for you - long may it continue --- but please keep persisting on the nose picking job! :eek: x

susie

Hi am new to this site so dont know if am doing things right here goes i am seeing a tunisian man we av been speaking for over a year and i have been to see him twice he says he loves me and i love him he also wants to get married he told me he is not bothered about coming to uk he just wants to be with me and live a better life i am 53 and he is 33 we both get on really well and talk on phone every night my daughters do not approve and i just dont no what to do

TunisianYankee

It's a touchy subject @susie . Bezness is a real problem in Tunisia as there are many men who play the game and are just out to milk you for money or residency (even though they may say they are not interested in your country) That said, there are many marriages that have stood the test of time even with age gap or meeting in an unconventional way. If you're questioning things, I would recommend spending some time on a website that addresses the concern of bezness and read the stories of some women who have been burned. If you determine that he's genuine, then you're still going to have an uphill battle coming from different continents, cultures, religion, and generations! I have been married to my Tunisian husband for just over 8 months and it's been wonderful but also we faced difficulties that ordinary couples never even have to think about.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Susie and welcome to tunisia.com. I'm glad you have joined pleeeeeease look through the threads on here regarding relationships with Tunisian men. Good guys are in the minority sorry to say. Can I ask where you met him and what his profession is? You don't have to answer but helps build the picture..

Jane BM

Hi am new to this site so dont know if am doing things right here goes i am seeing a tunisian man we av been speaking for over a year and i have been to see him twice he says he loves me and i love him he also wants to get married he told me he is not bothered about coming to uk he just wants to be with me and live a better life i am 53 and he is 33 we both get on really well and talk on phone every night my daughters do not approve and i just dont no what to do
So if he doesn't want to come to UK, would you be prepared to go and live in Tunisia?

Do you know the visa regulations for the UK? The financial aspect etc?

Personally right now, I'd be more inclined to go spend some more time together before making any decisions.

Aslemma

I would be a little concerned that he says he isn't bothered about coming to the UK but just wants to live a better life. Obviously being happily married to someone he loves would be better than being single and alone, but what else does he think marriage to you would provide? If he doesn't leave Tunisia not much else would change except that there would be two of you to support on his income and whatever you are able to provide. Does he have qualifications and a reasoably well-paid job? Would you be prepared to move to Tunisia in the likely event that he was unable to move to the UK? If you hoped to marry and get him to the UK could you cope with all the legal issues involved? If so, could you both cope with the separation whilst applying for a visa? Could you afford the money (and time) to visit him regulatly whilst all this was going on? You will notice I don't mention the age difference as to some couples it really doesn't matter, but you have your own children so are you sure he won't one day want a child of his own? Think long and hard before you go any further down this road. Not all Tunisian men are rats, and most ladies who fall for them are not diots, but some simply haven't really thought things through properly. so it's up to you to keep your brain in gear and not let your heart rule your head.

Last edited:

lynn

They all want to come the UK our street are pathed in Gold lol but as far as children are concerned I had the same problem, they get used to it and if he is the right one go for it. If your kids are grown up and left home do what you want ...who visits you who comes to see you and who keeps you company...kids can be selfish wanting you at home alone. Anyway most of all if you believe in him take your time to court him don't rush, you will know in your heart if he is genuine or not...read listen and learn and take all advice and decide for yourself and no one else...