Good & Bad Points about Tunisian Men

Essem

Staff member
Hi am new to this site so dont know if am doing things right here goes i am seeing a tunisian man we av been speaking for over a year and i have been to see him twice he says he loves me and i love him he also wants to get married he told me he is not bothered about coming to uk he just wants to be with me and live a better life i am 53 and he is 33 we both get on really well and talk on phone every night my daughters do not approve and i just dont no what to do
Welcome Susie,

What exactly does he mean by ''live a better life'?

Does he mean you providing for him, because if he married a Tunisian woman he'd have to be the one doing the providing?

As the others have said, have a look at some of the other threads on here they invariably start like yours does - speaking on phone, limited time with him, wants to get married, he just wants to be with you, age difference, and, of course, 'you both get on really well'. Some of these guys will tell you what you want to hear to reel you in, they are consummate actors and play the long game. The majority of these relationships don't work out and many women are left financially and emotionally ruined.

Do you think a young man of 33, whom you've only met twice in one year, is really sitting waiting with no-one else in his life?

Do your daughters not approve because he'll be nearer their age than yours?

It's your life and probably it's 'time for you' now but think it through carefully. Don't be another statistic.

YOLO

Hmmmm I find this list easier to compile.....lol.

They talk TOO LOUD!!!!
They sleep TOO MUCH!!!
They're full of hare brained ideas for money making schemes and don't take too kindly when you point out the bleeding obvious pitfalls!!!
They're not great at using their own initiative...ie, instead of LOOKING for saucepan which can only be on one cupboard, they'll ask YOU where it is!!!
Their idea of clean and tidy is very different to our idea of clean and tidy.
They think England works like Tunisia.....lol
They swear too much!!!
It takes them a long long time to OPEN THEIR MINDS to new things.....like GRAVY...lol (fortunately he's stopped smothering every food item in harissa).

The list goes on....lol....wouldn't swap him though!!!!
Not me thank god!!!!

soutn

Hello there,
This is my first participation in this forum
I'm Tunisian man and i find that this topic is just hilarious !
Ladies and Gentelwomen, dont worry I'm not there to flirt
I'm just here to improve my shitty english
Yes ! Like most of Tunisians, My English is so pooooor ( To stay on topic )

Trulymadlydeeply

Your English seems fine to me :)

Welcome to the forum always nice to have a male perspective of things.

soutn

Thank you for your hospitality ! :happy:

I must confess that I cheated a little by using google translator ! :angelic:

Before I forget, Tunisians cheat a lot especially when play card :D

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum soutn. Enjoy :)

Aslemma

Nice to meet you on here soutn. I actually find many Tunisians have very good English (and French, German, Italian and various other languages). If anyone raised the question about the good and bad points of English people I would say without hesitation that one of our worst is our unwillingness to even try to speak any language but our own, which we expect everyone else to understand and use in response. :)

YOLO

I am glad i am not one of them, i neve speak lould , i sleep too much only when i am tired.
I'm never think england works like u.k nor swear too much.. :p

Aslemma

Like many of us I did French at school, up tio A level actually, much of which I've forgotten as it's a case of 'use it or lose it' and I have a small amount of Tunisian Arabic picked up over many years. My eldest grandson is off to Waseda University in Tokyo in a couple of weeks for the third year of his degree in Japanese and one of his cousins did German and Chinese at school so perhaps the situation is improving here.

mouhaned

Am a Tunisian men :D

Jasmine

Thank you for your hospitality ! :happy:

I must confess that I cheated a little by using google translator ! :angelic:

Before I forget, Tunisians cheat a lot especially when play card :D
They're terrible at losing at cards too.. whether they cheat or not :rolleyes::D

scotty_bambam

Their reality is different from my reality.

June

Come live with me and know me!!

Rosewater

you guys are lucky to have life
I've always been introvert , never had a girlfriend in my life... f**ing my **** life..

salimlov

Hi Salim,

As like Jane, I can comment on my current relationships and what has made me love him so much.

1. He does not drink - nor do I (unless its christmas day/NYE) so its a big benefit for me
2. He does not smoke - I probably have the only Tunisian that does not - PERFECT! Its a deal breaker for me no matter what
3. His family values and his good work ethic - my hubby does not give up trying -> trying to find a job, trying to resolve an issue between us, trying to make a life for himself and me.
4. He loves Curves :)
5. Great sense of humour

Thats about it
lol nice i think you are talking about me

Jasmine

you guys are lucky to have life
I've always been introvert , never had a girlfriend in my life... f**ing my **** life..
Life is what you make it... ;)
I dont see the hurry for people to become involved. Enjoy an independent life before you have to share it with someone else. Be, no better word, but selfish, for a while. Make something of yourself.

Love YOU first, you cant expect someone to love you if you dont love yourself. Someone will come along when the timing is right :)

ROULLA

Life is what you make it... ;)
I dont see the hurry for people to become involved. Enjoy an independent life before you have to share it with someone else. Be, no better word, but selfish, for a while. Make something of yourself.

Love YOU first, you cant expect someone to love you if you dont love yourself. Someone will come along when the timing is right :)
Well said Jasmine ,wise words :)

Moonsky

You can take the man out of Tunisia but you can't take Tunisia out of the man.... alas....
Almost two years and STILL waiting to find one of them worth talking to let alone entering into a relationship with .... no just kidding... I would never marry a Tunisian man even if paid..... but that's just me......

Rosewater

You can take the man out of Tunisia but you can't take Tunisia out of the man.... alas....
Almost two years and STILL waiting to find one of them worth talking to let alone entering into a relationship with .... no just kidding... I would never marry a Tunisian man even if paid..... but that's just me......
I don't really blame you

Trulymadlydeeply

Maybe change where you are looking moonsky, is there any reason why you are looking inTunisia for companionship?

Just read another thread I didn't realise you were living in Tunisia. So I'll change my question lol, what made you decide to set up home in Tunisia?

Last edited: