Good & Bad Points about Tunisian Men

gem15

You can take the man out of Tunisia but you can't take Tunisia out of the man.... alas....
Almost two years and STILL waiting to find one of them worth talking to let alone entering into a relationship with .... no just kidding... I would never marry a Tunisian man even if paid..... but that's just me......
I said exactly the same thing and then I meet my husband. I wouldn't even entertain a Tunisian before but I guess it was fate that I actually spoke to him.

As you live here you would know the certain type of people you speak to and don't speak to. Sad as it is that's the way it is over here.

Moonsky

Maybe change where you are looking moonsky, is there any reason why you are looking inTunisia for companionship?

Just read another thread I didn't realise you were living in Tunisia. So I'll change my question lol, what made you decide to set up home in Tunisia?
One reason and one reason only..... cost of living! I did NOT come here to pursue a Tunisian man or to find a husband. That said, I do enough on my own and more friends/GOOD male companionship would be a bonus.

I wanted (and needed) to stop working so had to find somewhere that I could afford to live on a modest amount of money. After doing much research it was either here, Latin America or one of the smaller Balkan states. Latin America would have been great but a bit too far away from my remaining friends back home.

I have no great love for the country and find the way it operates (or rather doesn't) confusing, hilarious and irritating at the same time. But I get by. I say to myself that even if I were in my chosen country - Spain - I could be lonely or irritated there too! So I make the best of what I have, but it's not how I envisaged I'd end my days ....and the chances of a knight in shining armour taking me away from all of this are akin to fiction!!!

Julie Harvey

I have thought :) they are good at NAGGING, SULKING and Blaming YOU FOR THEIR FAULTS...
Yeah, very critical and controlling, but oh so sexy and beautiful!

June

I said exactly the same thing and then I meet my husband. I wouldn't even entertain a Tunisian before but I guess it was fate that I actually spoke to him.

As you live here you would know the certain type of people you speak to and don't speak to. Sad as it is that's the way it is over here.
And how do u know he's not having an affair! You trust him 100percent? It happens here too as u well know! You wouldn't even entertain a tunisian before? That's a bit rude, what would have made u want to stay in tunisia? Sun , cause surely u would have got fed up with that too, no?

gem15

And how do u know he's not having an affair! You trust him 100percent? It happens here too as u well know! You wouldn't even entertain a tunisian before? That's a bit rude, what would have made u want to stay in tunisia? Sun , cause surely u would have got fed up with that too, no?
I do trust him 100%, how do you know your husband isn't having an affair?

I think I explained why I stay here and FYI I didn't move her to be with him but then I think u know my story already!

It's not rude I think i was being pretty cautious about who I pick to spend the rest of my life with unlike some women.

June

No gem I don't know your story and likewise you don't know mine! And keep it that way

gem15

No gem I don't know your story and likewise you don't know mine! And keep it that way
Someone got out the bed the wrong side today

June

Someone got out the bed the wrong side today
Sorry to hear that! Maybe u could try the other side tomorrow night night

Aslemma

Some years ago I knew a young English girl who was engaged to a Tunisian. People tried to cause trouble by saying he was having an affair etc. which she found funny as they were together 24/7. I went to their wedding over 7 years ago. They have settled in the UK for now, both very happy and expecting their third son.. She says they may eventually move back to Tunisia but for now the UK suits them both.

June

Some years ago I knew a young English girl who was engaged to a Tunisian. People tried to cause trouble by saying he was having an affair etc. which she found funny as they were together 24/7. I went to their wedding over 7 years ago. They have settled in the UK for now, both very happy and expecting their third son.. She says they may eventually move back to Tunisia but for now the UK suits them both.
That's nice, glad they ignored those rumours! Some people just can't bare to see others happy, 3 sons wow! She must be driven mad lol being only woman in house full of men.
Long may it last

Judithlyn

Just curious....are you all still living happily ever after with your Tunisian husband??? If not, why not? Thanks!

Judithlyn

I'd also like to contribute as I know that we will be married soon and hopefully not much changes after marriage for he's the only person I have ever felt 100% save with. I wouldn't find someone, where I live, who gives me even 10% of what I have found in my friend.

I found these qualities in a lot of the people I encountered on my trip.

- Majority of these come from having strong family values and being taught how to be a man
- His relationship with God and that we pray together or he'll pray for me when I ask
- He's persistent, loyal and knows how to protect.
- He's committed in what he says he'll do, he's honest and has huge family values.
- Gives me great advice of how to handle the kids a different way which are always better then how I handle things.
- He understands my older boy and as a result my boy and I have a better relationship.
- He wouldn't think of me paying for anything and when I did, he paid me back.
- He's not afraid to say sorry or say that something was his fault.
- He has taught me to not run away from augment but to talk them out until we both feel love and comfortable again with each other.
- We laugh and have fun together and he can always get a smile from me no matter the awful mood I'm in.
- He's so romantic and always has nice words for me. I've never heard a bad word come from his mouth, even when he was angry with someone, he stayed calm and just talked it out without using harsh words.
- His pure heart that shows in many ways.
- Hes willing heart to try something, even if it's out of his comfort zone
- He know what it means to love unconditionally
- Very respective and polite
- Looks at me in the face when we're talking
- His willingness and able to work on the things that need to change.
- Hard worker but has no choice if he wants to keep his job
- Very intuitive when it comes to what I'm thinking or feeling. Knows me just by looking at my face/eyes
- Joy and song in his heart which shows in his eyes and smile
- Things he does to show his love :) Like my wedding pictures taken on the beach
- I'm lucky, his family actually speaks soft
- Likes to learn
- Love for kids

Things I don't like...Like the need to want to know what I'm doing because he worries but he reciprocates and does the same for me
- wanting me to send love notes for him to wake up to. I'm not sweet on words but am learning.
- Does sleep a lot, maybe this will change in time
- Even though he's learning, his mom does the cleaning for him (that won't be happening here, I don't do it even for my own kids)
- Competitive - doesn't just allow me to win at games
- Doesn't adapt to change very well

Like most Tunisian men, he's very cute
Hi are you still hapily together with him? Best wishes!

denisehilton

The Good: They are simple and honest
The bad: They can be mean sometimes and aren't very open-hearted.