Great British Winter Comfort Food

FoxyRoxie89

Toblerone, from the pound shop!!

prices in duty free make me laugh!

MellieC

So true..........my addiction is out of control. Found a tiny one up one down cottage yesterday full of jars of comfort food, ginger creams, banana splits, rose and violet creams and best of all rainbow sherbert, it`s a lovely sweet shop in Tissington Derbyshire.

RAINBOW SHERBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEMS THE DAYS LOL

MellieC

You lot must think I'm so daft but what are faggots? Sounds like worms or snail lol

LOL NOT AT ALL, oops caps lock

faggots are pork and liver rolled into a ball and cooked in the oven in gravy, or baked without or fried if thats your fancy lol

so i guess they are not going on your menu anyway lol

MellieC

i fancy bacon and saussage sarnyyyyyy :(

i had bacon and sausage earlier, but you have made me have the fancies..............

MellieC

Faggots, gravy, mash and marrow fat peas.

im not a lover of marrowfat peas! if those were salted ~ that plate looks very edible to me lol

MellieC

Toblerone, from the pound shop!!

prices in duty free make me laugh!

have you seen the giant jaffa cakes tubes in sainsburys? a 3tf tube of jaffa cakes!!!

NOW THATS a xmas cracker lol

MellieC

brains don't put thier faggots in the membrane!

you usually see that in the butchers? i never like the look of faggots like that

im thinking of going ot lynns and raiding her freezer cos shes got Mr brains faggots lol

MellieC

loubna ~

just for you

4faggots.jpg

FoxyRoxie89

Yes
have you seen the giant jaffa cakes tubes in sainsburys? a 3tf tube of jaffa cakes!!!

NOW THATS a xmas cracker lol

Yes tesco and asda selling them too, we had them last year, bit boring really, just packaging!

Marie1959

Largest Toblerone at Tesco £2.00 hubby loves it.
Loubna hun have tired every dish possible maybe if the stores stopped selling couscous and pasta he would have to try other things.
I love Tunisian food and dont eat that much anyway so I am not that bothered just gets boring cooking the same old things every day.
I love Irish Stew maybe he will like that as its made with Lamb will give it a go and then add Harrissa

lynn

I could do with a nice slap up meal now to start my day.
Ah well beef stew with dumplings later :)

caveatemptor

Just noted that **** has been changed to asterisks. It is an old English name for pudding so who is being so sensitive.

So, if I say my favourite pantomime is **** Whittington, I used to like the **** Van Dyke show and my least favourite US politician is **** Chaney, will every Tom **** and Harry be offended. Plus I have never seen an episode of Sex in the city. I liked the film No sex please we`re British. Sorry to go off topic, I can be such a **** Head at times.

C

Cas

So, if I say my favourite pantomime is **** Whittington, I used to like the **** Van Dyke show and my least favourite US politician is **** Chaney, will every Tom **** and Harry be offended. Plus I have never seen an episode of Sex in the city. I liked the film No sex please we`re British. Sorry to go off topic, I can be such a **** Head at times.
See sex is allowed now didn`t used to be lol

C

Cas

Just had Scotts porridge oats, and weightwatchers cream with candarel instead of sugar, would have loved whisky, maple syrup and a touch of salt.......that`s the breaks.....still comforting lol

lainie

ooh what a load of crap!
nothing personal cas and cave - just testing , lol

lainie

Just had Scotts porridge oats, and weightwatchers cream with candarel instead of sugar, would have loved whisky, maple syrup and a touch of salt.......that`s the breaks.....still comforting lol
i had oats so simple original with a clementine chopped up this morning.

tho just had a kitkat. good work undone
pack of 9 dark choc kitkats - £1 in tesco express.
oh and gabriel, small toblerones are 65p there too.
xxx

C

Cas

Dark kitkats crucial lol Thanx for tip......ok will admit from the tiny toffee shop in Tissington I had 3/4 of a dark choc Frys orange cream and I don`t really like them but it was just the idea of it.....sad eh?

marhaba

worcester sauce crisps!!!! YUM i cud eat sum now. i got to wait 3 weeks till my step dad brings me some beans i ran out 3 weeks ago lol..

I want faggots and peas not too :( Ahaa

WHO LIKES TOAD IN THE HOLE lol xx

lynn

well I had my beef stew and dumpling and it was lush and long waied for not stopped all day :)