help about visas

karen A

Would really appreciate any help on visas, me and my husband thinking about moving to ireland x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
First port of call embassy of Ireland as your thinking of moving there.

They will give you your requirements.

karen A

First port of call embassy of Ireland as your thinking of moving there.

They will give you your requirements.
Thank u Kris :)

Jane BM

Would really appreciate any help on visas, me and my husband thinking about moving to ireland x
Are you looking at doing the SS route to Ireland?

Jane BM

Hi Jane, I don't even know what SS route is, :(
Well you don't live in Ireland now do you? And you want to move to Ireland with your partner who I'm assuming is in Tunisia....rather than where you're from.

karen A

Well you don't live in Ireland now do you? And you want to move to Ireland with your partner who I'm assuming is in Tunisia....rather than where you're from.
No in tunisia,I'm Scottish, however it was the 18 thousand a year that I did not make,

karen A

No in tunisia,I'm Scottish, however it was the 18 thousand a year that I did not make,
Fly back sun, well to be honest, back and forward,all the time,starting to get so fed up, :(.tunisia is a beautiful place, but hard to find job,

karen A

Starting college course next wk
Do u know information about moving to ireland Jane?,I would really appreciate any help or information u could offer me. x

feefad

I'f go with the info on the embassy page as that's the latest on what you would need. My hubby's cousin was refused a uk visa to live in NI but was granted one for the Republic and moved there with his wife as she can scoot up the motorway to see her family. You would need to look at the cost of living and where to go. I lived in dublin many moons ago and the cost of living was pretty pricey but my income was ok and so it wasn't so much an issue. Housing in the city costs a fortune and cheaper elsewhere in the country but more job opportunities in the Dublin area. All depends on the kind of lifestyle you would like and where you want to stay. It's kinda like saying you want to move to scotland, that could mean living in the middle of glagow or living in the middle of nowhere in the highlands. Ireland is pretty similar.

karen A

I'f go with the info on the embassy page as that's the latest on what you would need. My hubby's cousin was refused a uk visa to live in NI but was granted one for the Republic and moved there with his wife as she can scoot up the motorway to see her family. You would need to look at the cost of living and where to go. I lived in dublin many moons ago and the cost of living was pretty pricey but my income was ok and so it wasn't so much an issue. Housing in the city costs a fortune and cheaper elsewhere in the country but more job opportunities in the Dublin area. All depends on the kind of lifestyle you would like and where you want to stay. It's kinda like saying you want to move to scotland, that could mean living in the middle of glagow or living in the middle of nowhere in the highlands. Ireland is pretty similar.
Hi was republic of ireland I was thinking of,,heard cost of living was pricey,was thinking about Cork,, ,Dublin I heard did not have a lot of job opportunities, thank u for ur comment every piece of information I receive I'm very grateful for :)

feefad

Cork I'm not too sure of, my friend moved to Waterford which isn't too far from there as it was cheaper than dublin for housing but not sure on general day to day costs. Cork I would imagine is slightly more than there as it's a bigger city but purely guessing. Again though, further out from the city, cheaper things get. If you can drive then you're sorted for being further out. I woulda loved to live in the country but have never learned to drive.

karen A

Cork I'm not too sure of, my friend moved to Waterford which isn't too far from there as it was cheaper than dublin for housing but not sure on general day to day costs. Cork I would imagine is slightly more than there as it's a bigger city but purely guessing. Again though, further out from the city, cheaper things get. If you can drive then you're sorted for being further out. I woulda loved to live in the country but have never learned to drive.
Me neither,something that to be honest has never appealed to me,but maybe need to start some lessons, haha.

Jane BM

Karen, there are FB groups dedicated to this, it's called the Surinder Singh route, and under the EU freedom of movement act your husband could join you in the Republic of Ireland as the spouse of the EU member. X

karen A

Karen, there are FB groups dedicated to this, it's called the Surinder Singh route, and under the EU freedom of movement act your husband could join you in the Republic of Ireland as the spouse of the EU member. X
Ok, Jane thank u so much for you're help will take a look xx

Essem

Staff member
Hi Karen,

One of our members, Marhaba, did the SS route and has posted on here a step by step. Will try to find it for you.

karen A

mand

Hey could anyone please explain how we would go about applying for the Shengan visa from England other half wants to go to Italy or please send me a link if been asked before? X