HELP!! DIVORCE WORRIED ABOUT CHILDREN!!

Trulymadlydeeply

So even if he left Tunisia and left the children there the judge would allow this??

salim

Hi Salim, I know that the law in Tunisia would favour the father no matter what. What I was wondering is if UK or French law would be able to do anything if he took the child back to Tunisia to be brought up by his family and he carried on living in UK or France or wherever.
Well in this case , i have no idea but in the most case , the mum can bring her child without the permission of her husband if the embassy help her ,if they have a British passport or French passport and the life in the Tunisia cause a serious danger for the kids !There is no law as i know , to be honest i am not sure , but the embassy sure can help

salim

So even if he left Tunisia and left the children there the judge would allow this??
Is their guardian and if he can't keep them with him his family ( mother , father , sister) do this !

Trulymadlydeeply

Really Salim that is dreadful!!!!!! :(

Jane BM

Whilst I don't pertain to know Tunisian law and have only heard nightmare stories re custody of children after divorce, I do think the situation is getting confused here. Fact is Tunisian law recognises the child as being Tunisian ONLY, not dual nationality. Skeles original question was whether if the father had taken them from the UK or France and left them with his family there whether anything would happen to him if/when he returned to the UK/France. I agree with Truly, that IF a prohibitive order or such like had been made prior to them being taken, whilst it wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on in Tunisia it would seem, it WOULD on his re entry into the UK.

Jane BM

Is their guardian and if he can't keep them with him his family ( mother , father , sister) do this !
I don't understand Salim. Are you saying you think it's okay for the father to take them from their mother and leave them in Tunisia with his family rather than them being with their mother?

skele

There is a girl I know of in France who is soon to have her life destroyed as she is married to a man she is in love with and assumes he is in love with her. They have an eighteen month old child together, she is still only about 19 years old, met him on the internet at about 15/16. He has already been to the Tunisian girlfriend's family and asked to marry her etc. I don't know the French girl but I've seen pictures of her, she lives a long way away from Paris where I live. If I tried to contact her or her family I'm sure they wouldn't believe me, also is it any of my business to do that? But if he is going to take her child she has more than a right to know. Dilemma.

ROULLA

I don't understand Salim. Are you saying you think it's okay for the father to take them from their mother and leave them in Tunisia with his family rather than them being with their mother?
No Jane I think what Salim is trying to say is that if the Tunisian man takes the children to Tunisia and then decides to leave them there they will be left with family and that they will be resposible for the children..
Talking about laws in Tunisia , has no one ever seen these programes on the Tunisian TV which claim that if 2 people in Tunisia divorce and go to court about the children the children normally stay with their mother til a certain age and then they go to the father,,It all depends on how the couple work things out and if they can communicate amciably.. I think that they said that the mother has the children til they are 9 years old but don't quote me on this age..

Trulymadlydeeply

There is a girl I know of in France who is soon to have her life destroyed as she is married to a man she is in love with and assumes he is in love with her. They have an eighteen month old child together, she is still only about 19 years old, met him on the internet at about 15/16. He has already been to the Tunisian girlfriend's family and asked to marry her etc. I don't know the French girl but I've seen pictures of her, she lives a long way away from Paris where I live. If I tried to contact her or her family I'm sure they wouldn't believe me, also is it any of my business to do that? But if he is going to take her child she has more than a right to know. Dilemma.
Dilemma indeed!!!! I think I would have to say something because of the child!! I couldn't live with myself if it did happen and I could maybe have prevented it somehow... Horrible situation to be in skele

Jane BM

Even though she may not believe you, I'll bet her parents will, especially if you know that he plans to divorce her and marry the Tunisian girlfriend. I'm afraid I'd feel I had to speak out, nothing to lose and perhaps saving some serious heartache in the future for her and her family.

skele

I don't know her though, have never met her so it's tricky. Don't know if I'll be able to find a way to contact her, just know it's going to happen but yes if he's thinking about taking the child something has to be done. They are just evil the men who do this, with or without children being involved. And their victims are usually older ladies and people say they are silly old fools who should have known better and their are other stereotypes that they obviously go for. But this is just an ordinary young girl who has been duped, I think it's actually more prevalent here in France than it is in the UK, because it's here that most of these scum want to get to because they've all got friends or family here.

My husband is from a small village in Tunisia and there are more guys arriving here from there every week. They come on fake holiday visa's and just don't go back. Then they have to find a girl to marry so that they can get their papers. They are dispicable.

Jane BM

I'd definitely try to find a way to contact her family if nothing else, see if there was an address for her parents or something...she's so very very young and probably so naive PLUS got a baby with him, madly in love etc etc, however her parents I'm sure have a different view and would be more open to hearing what you know.

Trulymadlydeeply

Vile scum! Do they have the same immigration laws as the Uk skele? I didn't think it possible for him to sponsor a tune bride as he was sponsored himself?

skele

Once they have a child I don't think they can be thrown out of the country. I don't know whether it gives them French citizenship straight away or if it takes a few years or whatever. I think the laws will probably be a bit different to those in the UK, French bureaucracy is ridiculous. But once you have a French child you're all set. They're smart enough to know that they need to use a baby to really get what they want. Shocking.

Trulymadlydeeply

OMG are the French that stupid that they allow this to happen!! Another easy route then :(

Jane BM

Well I've just had a look and as he is married to a French woman the yes he has a 'right' to a long stay visa, as in a carte de sejour, he can apply for naturalisation after 5 years, this is discretionary though. However this is reduced to 2 years if he has spent 2 years studying in France thus increasing the prosperity of the country. Can't find anything as yet re automatic right to stay in France if he has a child but not with wife or whether he could 'sponsor' next wife.

skele

Truly, there's nothing they can do is there really, once someone has a child. That's why they are as bad if not worse about trying to stop any of them getting here in the first place, genuine or not. If someone has a child they have rights to access to that child, so I guess a baby is the new very old or very obese lady! The targets have switched. Get someone pregnant and you have a sure fire way out.

skele

Well I've just had a look and as he is married to a French woman the yes he has a 'right' to a long stay visa, as in a carte de sejour, he can apply for naturalisation after 5 years, this is discretionary though. However this is reduced to 2 years if he has spent 2 years studying in France thus increasing the prosperity of the country. Can't find anything as yet re automatic right to stay in France if he has a child but not with wife or whether he could 'sponsor' next wife.

If they have a child they have the right to stay, I know that for sure. Plenty of them have remarried and brought new wive's here, I don't know if they have to wait a while or not.

Jane BM

If they have a child they have the right to stay, I know that for sure. Plenty of them have remarried and brought new wive's here, I don't know if they have to wait a while or not.
Ridiculous really isn't it...never thought I'd say it, but they should have a little read of the new regs now here in the UK and perhaps update their regulations.

Jane BM

I do know of someone who is Tunisian who was in a relationship with a French woman, she got pregnant, didn't want to live in Tunisia so returned to France to have their baby. He tried to get a VV to see his child when it was born and was refused!! Even though he had his girlfriends invitation/approval. Difference being though they weren't married. Soon found a way round it though, he married an English woman he clearly has no interest in but managed to get a settlement visa to UK and now makes frequent trips to France to see his child. Who knows what will happen when he gets his ILR here...not got too long to wait either because he got his settlement here before the new regs came in here in July.