help me guys..

Amy Ben Salem

i dont want to be married anymore and i dont know what the hell to do..
my husband say's he will never divorce me and i need to go there to get my money and stuff..
will i be allowed to leave Tunisia or can they keep me there? everything is a mess and i need help.. :(

lainie

calm down amy
what happened?
xxxx

Amy Ben Salem

its over Lainie, i just dont want this for my life anymore..
i need to know if i go there, can i come home again? i got all my stuff there, its a mess... xxx

Amy Ben Salem

i m so sorry Amy for ur situations ! but i want to know ur contract of marriage u do it where ?
In tinisia, Tunis on 10th October 2011

Amy Ben Salem

no, nothing like that, i just dont want to live this separate life anymore, yes ive made a mistake..
just need some advice

lynn

i dont want to be married anymore and i dont know what the hell to do..
my husband say's he will never divorce me and i need to go there to get my money and stuff..
will i be allowed to leave Tunisia or can they keep me there? everything is a mess and i need help.. :(
Aww Amy I am so sorry to hear this , what happend you was so happy...

Amy Ben Salem

Aww Amy I am so sorry to hear this , what happend you was so happy...
i think i was kidding myself really for some time..

does anyone know anything? if i go can i come back?

Amy Ben Salem

Amy i think u can come back this a country fo all persons but not ur husband's country !
I don't understand? I can't leave his country? I'm not angry, it's been a while coming as I just dot love him anymore and I can't put all this effort an waiting in anymore.. I want a divorce but he says he will never divorce me as he did not chose to leave me...

lynn

i think i was kidding myself really for some time..

does anyone know anything? if i go can i come back?
Oh I heard this before, when I ask Tunisian friends they say is rubbish you can still go back there, talk to a solicitor or maybe Mel if she comes on she will know more.

lynn

I don't understand? I can't leave his country? I'm not angry, it's been a while coming as I just dot love him anymore and I can't put all this effort an waiting in anymore.. I want a divorce but he says he will never divorce me as he did not chose to leave me...
Amy will he not let you leave the Country? go to the police or British Embassy !

Amy Ben Salem

yes mel will be the one to ask advice, will wait and see..

im safe in the u.k BUT i need to go there ALL my stuff is there and i have some money there so i need to go back to get this BUT if he aint guna let me leave the country to return to the uk then i will have to stay in the u.k..

he will NOT give me a divorce he says.. i am going to the citizens advice place on monday to see what they say before i pay out for a solicitor.. x

Amy Ben Salem

Amy like i said before u need a solicitor if u want i can ask my sister she is lawyer and she know more than me !
any good advice will be thankfully recieved.. x

lynn

yes mel will be the one to ask advice, will wait and see..

im safe in the u.k BUT i need to go there ALL my stuff is there and i have some money there so i need to go back to get this BUT if he aint guna let me leave the country to return to the uk then i will have to stay in the u.k..

he will NOT give me a divorce he says.. i am going to the citizens advice place on monday to see what they say before i pay out for a solicitor.. x
he will when he wants to remarry :) so let him do the divorce you don't need to rush if he finds a women he will get her to pay for the divorce..can he get your money?

Amy Ben Salem

hahaha, good thinking i will put that to the stupid idiot i will say this is ur time now, let me pay and sort it OR wait untill you need it and you can pay for it.. i aint EVER guna be in a rush to remarry..

yes he has my money but has said all week he will send it back when he gets to the bank.. BUT i learnt today this is not possible to send money out, sooo i will have to go collect it.. he wont spend it, he is being quite understanding tbh., he was upset and pissed off which i totally understand so thats good, just concearned if i go i wont be allowed home as im HIS wife xxx

C

Cas

Of course you will be allowed out of the country Amy but whether you leave with your money I can`t say, that`s between you and him, hopefully not a lawyer.

lynn

hahaha, good thinking i will put that to the stupid idiot i will say this is ur time now, let me pay and sort it OR wait untill you need it and you can pay for it.. i aint EVER guna be in a rush to remarry..

yes he has my money but has said all week he will send it back when he gets to the bank.. BUT i learnt today this is not possible to send money out, sooo i will have to go collect it.. he wont spend it, he is being quite understanding tbh., he was upset and pissed off which i totally understand so thats good, just concearned if i go i wont be allowed home as im HIS wife xxx
Ok so be sneeky like they are...go say all is ok get your money and when ur bk tell him the bad news..

lynn

In other words she is a possession then..

Jasmine

Amy...

Is there not someone else that can go and get your money for you? Someone that YOU trust?

You can start divorce proceedings from the UK and it will be recognized here - but it WILL need to be registered in Tunisia also. It will be stated on his BC that you are married otherwise ;)

Sorry that you are going through this...Good Luck.

Amy Ben Salem

Amy...

Is there not someone else that can go and get your money for you? Someone that YOU trust?

You can start divorce proceedings from the UK and it will be recognized here - but it WILL need to be registered in Tunisia also. It will be stated on his BC that you are married otherwise ;)

Sorry that you are going through this...Good Luck.
ok thanks guys.. yes i have a good friend that has already said she will get my money but i got lots of clothes and stuff id also like back BUT mum said the money id spend to get out there i can just go buy new, more exciting and less hassle and maybe a safer option by the sounds of it.. thing is he thinks im going to get my stuff so if i say my friend will collect think he will hit the roof, i got a feeling he is so calm as he THINKS im going back.. when i get there WILL HE let me return...

surely i cant get a divorce without him signing? lus he has the arabic original marriage certificate :confused:

dont be sorry Jasmine its MY OWN stupid fault.. silly girl now got to deal with it.. thanks hun x