help me guys..

huttan

I wouldn't go to Tunisia an not go to see the family, I personally think that's rude after all they have done for me in the past, it's respect to go there, regardless of what I've done or whatever, yes maybe they may not be 100% happy but I don't want to hide in a hotel like a coward. I can't help the way I feel and I've been honest. I'm sure everything will work out ok, if I had slight doubt is be in danger I wouldn't go I know it has risks but I trust he would never hurt me, I've seen him mad before, he takes himself out of any ahit situation. Anyways end of I dot want to say anymore feel like I'm constantly explaining myself, thank you for your concerns and advice x
Well good luck Amy...hope it all turns out well.No you dont need to explain anything...of course...its your choice.

You say they may not be 100% happy...well can tell you that they will probably act like you have "the pledge"...but hope for your sake they are more modern in their ways of thinking...that would make it a lot easier. In european way of thinking you are doing it "the right way"....but thats different.

Keep safe at all times!

daffodil

Hi Amy

Good Luck for the future xx

You know you have my full support ...

Take Care

Jasmine

Good Luck for the future Amy...

Be happy! :)

ROULLA

Hi Amy how are you doing ? Have you decided what you are going to do ?:)Hope that everything is ok.

Amy Ben Salem

hi guys
sorry ive not been on, needed some time out to think..

im going back tomorrow, not sure how long for, got 2 weeks booked as its been booked for ages but i may return sooner..

so wish me luck :confused: will report back when im home or try and check in from there to let you all know im ok..

got loads of inbox messages im not being ignorant just got no time as this was just decided today..

thank you for all the support, if anyone thinks i need last minute advice please say here ;) xxxxxxx

Essem

Staff member
Hi Amy

Go with your instincts, its all you can do really.

If you feel a trip back is right for you to move on with your life then it's what you have to do.

Take good care of yourself and above all stay safe.

jane shaw

can someone tell me how long do you wait so you can marry in tunisia i have just got my divorce today from court

Essem

Staff member
Hi Jane, I think it's 3 months if not 4 but hopefully someone will be on soon to confirm.

jane shaw

thanks just i asked the court and they said i can marry today just need to get it right so i can tell my boyfriend when i can marry

Essem

Staff member
it's on here on one of the threads Jane - will have a look for you.

Jane BM

thanks just i asked the court and they said i can marry today just need to get it right so i can tell my boyfriend when i can marry
Nooo you cannot marry today Jane...maybe its the name but i was told the same when i divorced my ex husband..as far as the law in the UK is concerned you can, however if you are marrying in Tunisia then you cannot marry until 3 months after the date of your Decree Absolute...take it from someone who knows....:confused:. 3 MONTHS.

jane shaw

thanks my date of decree absolute is 28th june but got to know today about it thats all if i get the none independants in the next few weeks can i still keep that or do i need a new one before i go over to tunisia

Jane BM

thanks my date of decree absolute is 28th june but got to know today about it thats all if i get the none independants in the next few weeks can i still keep that or do i need a new one before i go over to tunisia
none independants? do you mean the Certificate of No impediment?, you can apply for that here at your local registry office and then they will give you that after 21 days which you then get translated at the British Embassy in Tunis, as long as your wedding isnt within 3 months of the date stamped on your decree absolute then thats fine.

joolz

Does anyone know if flying back for the first time does my husband have to fly Manchester to Tunis ( international airports ) or can he fly Doncaster to Enfidah...not sure if he has to go through immigration?

ROULLA

Hi Jane hope that you are well! You may be able to get divorced and marry elsewhere quickly but you cannot divorce and get married straight away in Tunisia you have to wait 3 months if I am not mistaken.:)

suemed

hi new on here need some advice on getting divorce in tunisia

Jane BM

Hi suemed, welcome to the forum...are you from the UK? I'm assuming you married in Tunisia..whereabouts are you living?

What kind of advise are you after? Have you sought legal advise yet?... Just need a little more background so people can help hopefully.

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum suemed.

salim

Hi suemed , welcome to Tunisia .com:) Can you please explain what kind of help do you need , we have a lots of friends who will support you and sure help you !

suemed

Hi suemed , welcome to Tunisia .com:) Can you please explain what kind of help do you need , we have a lots of friends who will support you and sure help you !
hi salim thanks for your reply i was divorced in uk in 2004 but he refuses to divorce me in tunisia i spoke to a sol in sousse and he told me it would cost around 800 TD is this right or can i do it alone through the court there