Help with marriage papers!!!

Kelly_h87

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help I've just got marriaged and my papers was not ready before I had to leave to come back to England I know we need to get our papers stamped but I'm not sure where we would go to get them or how many stamps we need and do we need to get the stamps before or after we translate the papers xx

scotty_bambam

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help I've just got marriaged and my papers was not ready before I had to leave to come back to England I know we need to get our papers stamped but I'm not sure where we would go to get them or how many stamps we need and do we need to get the stamps before or after we translate the papers xx
Stamped then translated.you go to Tunis for stamps.hubby 's just done this

sass

My husband had to take ours to ministry of foreign affairs, ministry of justice, and also get his birth certificate changed to register the marriage on it.we had all our papers in French and Arabic to save confusion

sass

My husband had to take ours to ministry of foreign affairs, ministry of justice, and also get his birth certificate changed to register the marriage on it.we had all our papers in French and Arabic to save confusion
Oh and when I get the marriage certificate, I'm going to register it here as the Embassy no longer provides this service

Kelly_h87

I'm told I don't need to do anything with the marriage certificate in UK as long as it's all legal in Tunisia then it's now recognised as legal here.

Kelly_h87

And do u know where abouts in Tunis I have to tell him to go to get stamps and how many do they need cause some people telling me they need a few stamps and you get them from different places x

sass

As far as I know, the 2 ministries I mentioned above. I know it's not necessary to register here, but I'm going to as I like all areas covered, my husband is the same as he works for the government there. Your husband should be able to find all online, or he could have asked the notaire, ours was very helpful

robynnehm

Ahhh ok... can I do it while I'm there and do I have to make an appointment? Or and do papers have to be stamped to.to come.home? X

scotty_bambam

My copy isn't stamped.hubby only just got his done for visa,he did not make appt.it would have been easier if he had got it done sooner as would've been one less thing to worry about for visa,but there's no mad rush to do it straight away,unless you're going for visa straight after marriage.

robynnehm

Ahhh ok so we dont need to get ours done just them for the visa? Well do ours as soon as afterwards. So probably a good idea if he does that on the way taking me home x hahah x

tigger

Is anyone English is going Tunis on 2nd November? I need urgent please

scotty_bambam

Me..not Mr!

tigger

Can you inbox me, Scotty - do you speak English?

Njt11

I'm going 19th if any help?

scotty_bambam

Can you inbox me, Scotty - do you speak English?
Yes Tigger .im english.although my predictive text tries to suggest otherwise! K meant I have the same problem as you.nddx to get my papers over.

tigger

Scotty - If you know any English people are going tunis on 2nd November and need to come with me to the Consular for about 1 hours which I have an appointment with them.

scotty_bambam

No sorry I don
Scotty - If you know any English people are going tunis on 2nd November and need to come with me to the Consular for about 1 hours which I have an appointment with them.[/QUOTEno sorry I don't.