holiday in tunisia

Aslemma

I can appreciate insurers wouldn't provide cover for terror-related events but surely you would still be covered for normal accidents/illness/losses

robynnehm

Thanks im nit bothered about indirect... ive seen some good ones!! It's been 5 mon the when I go so I need to go haha! Thanks for your help guys!! X x god I can't wait to see him x. X

kalie

I want to fly out there to see my boyfriend in September and October... but I cannot find a flight anywhere from.UK!! Has anyone seen any at all where I can go or any sites that will get me there without having to go to another country!! It's driving us mad!! X x thanks x
A lot of us are in the same position as you, and its very frustrating to have to wait as nothing seems to be happening over there at the moment. Its not worth the risk of travelling without insurance.
As soon as the planes are back flying there will be loads going over there. Hopefully it wont be that long :(
Personally I would have thought they would have cancelled immediate flights and left the ones for end August and September in place for now , just to see how things went.
Just my personal opinion ;)

annibee

I can appreciate insurers wouldn't provide cover for terror-related events but surely you would still be covered for normal accidents/illness/losses
you would have thought so but no cover for illness or minor accidents. all insurances invalid for tunisia now x

annibee

A lot of us are in the same position as you, and its very frustrating to have to wait as nothing seems to be happening over there at the moment. Its not worth the risk of travelling without insurance.
As soon as the planes are back flying there will be loads going over there. Hopefully it wont be that long :(
Personally I would have thought they would have cancelled immediate flights and left the ones for end August and September in place for now , just to see how things went.
Just my personal opinion ;)
it would have been nice to have a choice. lots of people signing petition on facebook regarding starting flights to tunisia again but cant see it happening till 1st november now. could go tunisair but would never dream of travelling without insurance thats just crazy x

cherie63

it would have been nice to have a choice. lots of people signing petition on facebook regarding starting flights to tunisia again but cant see it happening till 1st november now. could go tunisair but would never dream of travelling without insurance thats just crazy x
Hi Annibee

Can you post a link to the petition please?

feefad

The tour operators will likely be thinking of their finances and the hassle of refunding/changing bookings if they start them up too early. Also if they redeploy the reps and flights for the remainder of the season again it'll be a hassle for them to reinstate. Too many administrative costs for them to deal with.

scotty_bambam

I've had 2 missed calls from Thomas cook today,saying they want to refund me.. I'm desperate to go on my flight 21 October.

cherie63

The tour operators will likely be thinking of their finances and the hassle of refunding/changing bookings if they start them up too early. Also if they redeploy the reps and flights for the remainder of the season again it'll be a hassle for them to reinstate. Too many administrative costs for them to deal with.
British Tour Operators are unlikely to fly before the winter season on Nov 1st, but if the government change the FCO travel advice at least we can travel with Tunisair or Air France or Vueling and get travel insurance. From Ireland we are used to indirect flights so whether its through London, Paris or Barcelona it doesn't matter as long as we can get insurance. I avoid Thomas Cook like the plague, worst TO ever.

annie

Somebody I know from my Town had an email today from Thomas Cook saying their holiday cancelled for next MAY !!!!!

They were booked with On the Beach xx

robynnehm

I've had 2 missed calls from Thomas cook today,saying they want to refund me.. I'm desperate to go on my flight 21 October.
My holiday was 19th October they've cancelled that I need to get my refund... but I mist go see him x x I kniw what you mean x

robynnehm

Signed it!!

scotty_bambam

I've signed too.I must go October as that's only time I can get off work and all the vet stuff for my dog I's timed for then
You only get a few days to travel once completed. And I need to give hubby all the papers for visa. I'm worried they'll refund everyone then sep/Oct they'll announce flights back on and I Won't be able to get one.

Shazza100

I've signed too.I must go October as that's only time I can get off work and all the vet stuff for my dog I's timed for then
You only get a few days to travel once completed. And I need to give hubby all the papers for visa. I'm worried they'll refund everyone then sep/Oct they'll announce flights back on and I Won't be able to get one.
Even if they change the advice I cannot see Thomas cook putting flights back on that they have cancelled..

kalie

As much as we hate to think about not going till November, at the moment all we can do is wait, I'm not a very patient person , and hubby to be is not happy . Especially as we were supposed to spend a month getting ready or our wedding !!!!!
Going to travel agent Wednesday to collect refund , not something I dreamed of doing when I booked it a couple ,of months ago !!!!!

sass

if you really want to go to Tunisia, there are so many flights with a change of airport, ie Alitalia, if I had no alternative, I would use them, fortunately I booked with Tunisair several months ago as I prefer direct flights

Shazza100

if you really want to go to Tunisia, there are so many flights with a change of airport, ie Alitalia, if I had no alternative, I would use them, fortunately I booked with Tunisair several months ago as I prefer direct flights
Yes and tunisair fly every day direct.

scotty_bambam

I usually fly with Tunis air,only reason I didn't this time was because of terrorist threats to tunisair that were reported before the sousse attack.!

Shazza100

oh rubbish, really feel for you. Are you still willing to go despite the change in travel warning, if you are, it may not be too late to book with tunisair..if you are getting a refund with thomas cook.