holiday in tunisia

Aslemma

Sorry annibee, I only looked for London airports so don't know about other areas. I actualy searched for a package holiday to Sousse and found a good one at the Tej for 2 weeks at £315 HB. Unfortunately I can't book it as I'm now having a heart operation in the next few weeks, so am unlikely to be back in Tunisia until next year. :(

annibee

Sorry annibee, I only looked for London airports so don't know about other areas. I actualy searched for a package holiday to Sousse and found a good one at the Tej for 2 weeks at £315 HB. Unfortunately I can't book it as I'm now having a heart operation in the next few weeks, so am unlikely to be back in Tunisia until next year. :(
ok thanks got one booked from manchester 27th december not heard it been changed or cancelled as yet. hope operation goes ok tc x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Just in case i forget to say all the best with your operation :)

annibee

just checked and my flight is still going from manchester with T.Cook on sunday 27th december. showing sundays only though no other days like before

Jane BM

Hope you're ok aslemma...xxx

kalie

Probably me just being cynical,but I bet come 1st November all the airlines will miraculously start flying from every airport .

scotty_bambam

too late for me.ill have to find another route.

Aslemma

Thanks Kris and Jane. I'm having a scan in the next 3 weeks so they can decide what they are going to do, with the operation a couple of weeks after that, but it rather looks as though I'll be having a by-pass. I'll be glad to get it over with but it does seem very doubtful that I'll be fit to travel at least until the new year.

Jane BM

Thanks Kris and Jane. I'm having a scan in the next 3 weeks so they can decide what they are going to do, with the operation a couple of weeks after that, but it rather looks as though I'll be having a by-pass. I'll be glad to get it over with but it does seem very doubtful that I'll be fit to travel at least until the new year.
Health has to come first.....you'll be fit and raring to go then come the New year. Xx

Aslemma

I certainly wasn't fit in May when I was in Sousse and worried quite a few people, which is why I phoned my own doctor from the hotel to make an appointment for when I got home. At least I now have some sort of time-scale which is a relief.

Trulymadlydeeply

All the very best Aslemma xx

Aslemma

Thanks Truly. xx

rabah

Wishing you the best Aslemma.

feefad

Hope all goes well Aslemma and wishing you a speedy recovery x

Rainbow

Well think I'm gonna go regardless. Was there in middle of June and nooooooo way can stay home til November lol. We've been planning so much stuff - I usually go over every four weeks so the thought of four months apart is horrible! I think we'll book an apartment though rather than a hotel. It's not just flights, even hotel bookings are impossible at the moment on some sites. It seems mad but for me (near Leeds) it's actually cheaper to fly from Manchester to Paris, stay overnight and then fly to Tunis than it would have been to do the direct flight with Thomas Cook in July/August. And that's including all the extra parking and overnight stay costs! And tbh I never bother with travel insurance anyway so that's not going to be a deciding factor. If I'm gonna die I'd rather do it there with my fella beside me than here by myself lol. If anyone hears of any reasonably cheap direct flights (I heard that Air France had 30% off flights from London to Tunisia but I've not found any reduced ones) from anywhere in the UK, do let me know!

Aslemma

Best of luck Rainbow and do hope you manage to find something for a reasomable price.

Thanks for your good wishes rabah and feefad. I'm obviously a bit fed up about not being able to get back to Sousse for a while but have resigned myself, and at least I now have some sort of timescale.

Rainbow

Best of luck to you Aslemma with your op. Hope all goes well and you recover fast. Like you said before, having a time scale helps and being able to see an end to it and having stuff to look forward to after will help xx

kalie

Well think I'm gonna go regardless. Was there in middle of June and nooooooo way can stay home til November lol. We've been planning so much stuff - I usually go over every four weeks so the thought of four months apart is horrible! I think we'll book an apartment though rather than a hotel. It's not just flights, even hotel bookings are impossible at the moment on some sites. It seems mad but for me (near Leeds) it's actually cheaper to fly from Manchester to Paris, stay overnight and then fly to Tunis than it would have been to do the direct flight with Thomas Cook in July/August. And that's including all the extra parking and overnight stay costs! And tbh I never bother with travel insurance anyway so that's not going to be a deciding factor. If I'm gonna die I'd rather do it there with my fella beside me than here by myself lol. If anyone hears of any reasonably cheap direct flights (I heard that Air France had 30% off flights from London to Tunisia but I've not found any reduced ones) from anywhere in the UK, do let me know!
Good for you rainbow, but I think its a bit of a risk not travelling without health insurance if nothing else. As much as I would love to go at end of August as I had planned, if something did happen I would sleep easier if I knew I had a way home if needed .
Lets hope some of the airlines decide to fly pretty soon.

kalie

Wishing you all the best Aslemma

annibee

best of luck rainbow but i would never risk going without health insurance its not just the risk of dieing its the risk of ending up in hospital with ill health or accident and having to pay 1000s for treatment that would worry me, also if anything did go wrong there would be no help from embassy now as advised against all but essential travel. i been with my partner for almost 7 years now and the longest we been apart is 5 months but assuming my flight ok in december and my last trip was in march its a hell of a long time to wait but he agrees with me not worth the risk at the mo. he will be waiting for me time goes fast and hope to be there december as planned