Hotels in Tunis

secrets

looking for reasonable hotel in tunis.city centre location. any idea of prices please.

secrets

does anyone know what the el hana in tunis is like?
or any other hotels in tunis they could rec.
thankyou.

pej

RE: tunis hotels.

Hi, el Hana is a 5-star hotel. You can find more info under Hotel Search under the listing Travel here on Tunisia.com! Tunisiahotel.com also has information on this hotel.

[/align]

M

mabroukhammami

looking for reasonable hotel in tunis.city centre location. any idea of prices please.
ptrice's isform 25 to 40. per knight thank you

ninikins

Is that for single or double rooms? It seems that you know what you are talking about, thanks for the info.

ammulu

That would be good but what ninikins asked is also a point to be noted coz' it should be known if its for single or double.

tater03

If that is for a double that is a fairly decent price from what I can see. Hopefully the poster will come back on whether it is a single or double.

kellyc

Hi

Hi,

Would be interesting to know, but hate to dampen the thread but I dont think you will find out as the poster replied on 07-11-06 - and hasnt done any posts since that date.

Essem

Staff member
Hi, last year I stayed overnight in the El Mechtel Hotel in Tunis and I booked it through www.hotels.com It was very centrally located (15 mins from airport) and the rooms spacious and comfortable. Can't remember what I paid but through hotels.com it was very reasonable and there was even a special offer of free breakfast. Think it was 4*.

Grace 111

Did you pay ahead of time on-line? And I was wondering if you could change your reservation when something changed? If you returned on a different date could you change it? The rate for a room sounded like a good deal.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Grace, Yes I paid on line. I didn't have to change it so it's not something I looked at. I suppose if you checked with www.hotels.com terms and conditions you would find if you could change any reservations - perhaps there's a time limit or an administration charge??

Grace 111

When I was booking hotels for my co-workers, I have had to change things sometimes. A fee usually did the trick. It wasn't too much hopefully.

Delstar

Can any one suggest a good hotel in tunis, not too far from the airport?

if its close to the beach, that would be nice. I only need to stay there for a couple of nights so i dont miss my return flight....

Delstar

ive looked at carthage and also sidi bou said, they dont seem too far either...

any recommended hotels anyone?

Essem

Staff member
Hi Delstar,

I've only ever stayed in two hotels in Tunis - the El Mechtel Hotel in Tunis city centre 15 mins from airport, and the other sorry can't remember the name but again central and overlooked the zoo/park.

Carthage, Sidi Bou Said and La Marsa (so beautiful) aren't too far at all.

Have you tried medhotels.com?

Delstar

thanks essem,

just had a look at medhotels, couldnt search for tunis for some reason :-(

Essem

Staff member
Sorry Delstar - try hotels.com

Delstar

thanks, wow, hotels in tunis very very expensive.....tres tres cher............!! and most are breakfast only..... hmmmmmm

Essem

Staff member
Hi Delstar

Are you an Airmiles collector? If so they have around 7 hotels featured.

You can pay with airmiles only, a combination of airmiles and cash or cash only.

Had a look around 21-23 Nov (couldn't remember how long you were there for and for 1 double for 2 nights in 4* Le Diplomat for example the cheapest rates were as follows:

* 1,230 miles
* or 740 miles + £25
* or £65 (& receive 13 miles)

through to 5* Maison Blanche

* 2,230 miles
* or 1,340 miles + £50
* or 450 miles + £105
* or £131 (& receive 26 miles)

All 7 hotels featured on these dates included hot buffet breakfast. (Mostly city centre I think).

Might be worth registering with Airmiles just to take advantage of the cheap rates.

alex negra

Hi I have a studio round corner from airport on full board if you are interested,plus I can do your transfer pm me for details take care