How to contact the US embassy in Tunis?

lulabex

I filed for a K-1 visa. NVC sent my case to the US embassy on Nov,20 and i emailed them to get my package 3. But nothing yet. Some people say that they don't respond to emails and that i have to physically go there..
Please if anyone got in touch with the US embassy in the past, just help me out with this !

Thanks

Latisha

Have you gone through the website maybe....im not sure :facepalm:

TunisianYankee

I'm a USC and I always contact them through email [email protected] and hear back within 24 hours but I haven't contacted them yet regarding our immigration case, just other services I needed as a citizen. Your experience may be different as a non- USC.. I have a tunisian phone number you can try: 74 61 78 20 but no promises. Also have you tried calling the main switchboard? 71 107 000

lulabex

My fiancé emailed them ! I had the wrong email address :oops:
Yesterday was thanksgiving so we didn't expect to get an answer from them but we will see if they email us back today ! If they won't by Monday, i will start calling them !

lulabex

I called, they didn't let me through ! My fiancé called and he was immediately connected to someone who was nice and told him they will send me an email for my interview date this week !!! still waiting........................................................

TunisianYankee

Waiting is HARD! So far yours is one of the fastest K-1 visas I've ever heard of but I can totally relate to your impatience...My husband's visa has been going very fast for an IR1 and I'm STILL super impatient. When I get feeling like I'm ready to jump out of my skin waiting to have the interview scheduled, I just look at all the poor people who filed at the same time I did and are still at the TSC with USCIS and I start feeling very fortunate.

Which number did he use Lulabex? Just so I can make a note of which # works better.

lulabex

Yes it is SUPER HARD !! Mom is telling me to forget about it for a while.. Lol ! Yes it was very fast for us ! we filed it in October and our petition was approved in 17 days !! Gladly we were at CSC.
He used 71 107 000
Is your husband now with you?

TunisianYankee

Thankfully we are together in Tunis. He had a huge problem with doing the K-1 visa because he would not be guaranteed the right to work in the USA right away and he was afraid of just sitting around for months and months waiting for work permission while his new wife supported him. With the CR1 he will have residency and the right to work almost immediately.

We're done with USCIS and NVC and like you, we're expecting his appointment for interview to be scheduled any day now.

lulabex

oh okay i see !! i'm waiting for my interview appointment too !! i hope we hear from them soon !!!!

TunisianYankee

@lulabex We got our interview! January 8th. Ours was scheduled by the NVC so you might get an earlier one since it was scheduled by the embassy directly, maybe? Looking forward to hearing your good news!

lulabex

@TunisianYankee That's awesome :) :) i'm so happy for you !!!
My fiance called again this morning and they told him VERY soon so i'm still waiting.... i'm kinda sure it will be in January too :)

lulabex

Finally my interview is next week, Dec 18 :)
wish me luck ;)

lulabex

GREAT NEWS! You don't need luck. You'll pass with flying colors.
Yess!!! i'm so relieved now lol it was a lot of stress just for waiting.. thank you !! i wish you the same :)

Youssef11

Finally my interview is next week, Dec 18 :)
wish me luck ;)
Lullabex, how long did it take to schudle you an interview since the Sumbit of the documents to NVC? please

Last edited:

lulabex

@Youssef11 Nvc received 6 Nov and i got my interview by email 10 dec

Last edited:

TunisianYankee

So no running away from the 60 days for NVC to review the package files, UGH !!!!!!
Youssef, are you talking about the fiance visa or the spouse visa. They have different processes. The fiance visa that Lulabex did doesn't have a 60 day review period with the nvc. The fiance visa requires just a brief stopover at the NVC to be assigned a case number before being forwarded to the Embassy. The spouse visa requires processing with the NVC with a processing Turn around time of around 60 days right now...AND the clock doesn't even start until they receive your AOS that you can only send to them AFTER they invoice you for it so you have to wait around for a month just to receive the invoice.. then 60 days processing. THEN after processing it is another few weeks before the NVC assigns an interview date and another month until the interview... Much different than the Fiance visa.

Youssef11

Youssef, are you talking about the fiance visa or the spouse visa. They have different processes. The fiance visa that Lulabex did doesn't have a 60 day review period with the nvc. The fiance visa requires just a brief stopover at the NVC to be assigned a case number before being forwarded to the Embassy. The spouse visa requires processing with the NVC with a processing Turn around time of around 60 days right now...AND the clock doesn't even start until they receive your AOS that you can only send to them AFTER they invoice you for it so you have to wait around for a month just to receive the invoice.. then 60 days processing. THEN after processing it is another few weeks before the NVC assigns an interview date and another month until the interview... Much different than the Fiance visa.
yes TunisianYankee, its a spouse visa, and i'm on the collecting documents step and then sumbit the package to NVC, but for me the uscis time, took the whole 5 months... and at first i didn't know that it was me who would collect these files and send em to NVC from here