How to contact the US embassy in Tunis?

TunisianYankee

yes TunisianYankee, its a spouse visa, and i'm on the collecting documents step and then sumbit the package to NVC, but for me the uscis time, took the whole 5 months... and at first i didn't know that it was me who would collect these files and send em to NVC from here
We lost time collecting documents too Youssef. Our USCIS processing time was only 17 days and we were expecting 5 months so we didn't have anything together yet!

The NVC is working to get their turn around time back down to 30 days but currently those being processed are getting approvals at around the 54-56 day mark. If you're not on visajourney.com already then you need to be.

Youssef11

We lost time collecting documents too Youssef. Our USCIS processing time was only 17 days and we were expecting 5 months so we didn't have anything together yet!

The NVC is working to get their turn around time back down to 30 days but currently those being processed are getting approvals at around the 54-56 day mark. If you're not on visajourney.com already then you need to be.
Thank you Tunisianyankee, i think being on visajourney and just watch smoothly your timeline, is a good idea :)

Ilyes

its 1 month actually !!
Hey Lulabex, could you help me please, the NVC sent the approved fiance visa petition to the american embassy in Tunis on octobre, 7th, 2014, now its alomst 4 months and i still didnt get my package so i can start working to prapare my interview, i tried to call the embassy and email them but they didnt answer ma back, im getting worry about my application, is it okay for me to go to the embassy and get the package by my self?

Last edited:

Ilyes

TunisianYankee
could any one here help me!
i've been waiting for the embassy to send me the fiance visa package since 4 months now, and i still didnt get it, i've tried to call them but they didnt answer me back, as well i've tried to email them but again they didnt answer me back, im getting worry about my visa application, specially when i check it on the NVC website, it says "REDAY"..
could anyone please tells me what the right thing to do here, and is it okay for me to go the us embassy in berges de lac and get my package without waiting for them to mail to me?
any help will be appreciated, thanks yuh'all!

TunisianYankee

They won't let you in without an appointment and I don't know anything about the package because all we got was an email with instructions, not a physical package in the mail. I understand that it's been several months since the the NVC sent it to the Embassy. How long has your visa been in "ready" for and when is the last date that they updated it? If it has been several months and they have not done anything on your case your USC sponsor can involve her congressman to have them investigate. If you're not on visajourney.com you should create an account there.

Ilyes

They won't let you in without an appointment and I don't know anything about the package because all we got was an email with instructions, not a physical package in the mail. I understand that it's been several months since the the NVC sent it to the Embassy. How long has your visa been in "ready" for and when is the last date that they updated it? If it has been several months and they have not done anything on your case your USC sponsor can involve her congressman to have them investigate. If you're not on visajourney.com you should create an account there.
hey thanks, for answering me back, our case has been "ready" since octobe, 7th, and the last they update it was october, 7th, my fiance she talked to her congressman and he is working on on our case right since like 10 days..i mean is that okay for some case to take long time like our case? can you tell me please why should i creat an account on visajoury.com? is it useful? could you tell me please if there is any paper that my fiance should send it to me from america?

Last edited:

TunisianYankee

I don't know of any paper she can send you. visajourney.com is a very active site just for people doing USA visas. There are subforums specifically for spousal visas and sub forums for people getting fiance visas. You'll find many MANY people there who can answer your questions or who may have experienced a similar problem.

Ilyes

I don't know of any paper she can send you. visajourney.com is a very active site just for people doing USA visas. There are subforums specifically for spousal visas and sub forums for people getting fiance visas. You'll find many MANY people there who can answer your questions or who may have experienced a similar problem.
okie dokie..thanks lot for your help, have a great times!

Ilyes

@TunisianYankee That's awesome :) :) i'm so happy for you !!!
My fiance called again this morning and they told him VERY soon so i'm still waiting.... i'm kinda sure it will be in January too :)
hey all!

i just got an email today from the embassy telling me about the date of the interview,

i have got some questions i do hope you can help me here

should i call the doctor and make an appointement for the medical exam or i need a paper from the embassy to do that?

in the email is asked me to bring a birth certificate and a police certificate and money to pay the visa fees in the embassy, this all the paper they asked me to bring, Is that all the paper they need?

any help will be very appreciated

thanks