I have been scammed by a Tunisian woman

Dina sabra

Western union will have checked her id, yes, but I don't think they would release any details to you. You say you have studied law and have a contract which fully protects you, can you explain who offers protection and under what circumstances. You will not get your money back from her and any efforts made in Tunisia would probably cost more than you have lost.
Yes any chat made throught emails and negotiations take the same effect as a paper contract
So the agreement between me and her is a contract .
I have mentioned before that I don't want to go legal with her I just want someone to scare her that it will be serious and legal so she would be scared and return the money.
I need help so please be positive

Essem

Staff member
Hi Dina

You state that you are a law student - did you not think that something was wrong with sending so much money ($1500) for a 'used' Chanel bag and without having address or some for of ID from the person you were sending it to?

And now you would like someone who lives in Tunisia to act illegally 'as a lawyer' thus putting that person in a bad or possibly even dangerous position. You are asking too much of people.

How much money is it going to cost you to continue through WU? You sent the money willingly to her, she could say that it was a gift - do you have paperwork/emails etc to prove that it was for a 'used bag'.

Can you post alerts on the emirates site you met her through so that no-one else is take in by her if it is a scam.

If it's going to cost a lot to investigate further, I'd say put it down to experience and write it off. Or else contact the police in the area she lives in in Tunisia or take out an ad in one of the local newspapers offering a reward for information or similar and see if you get a response that way.

And, as a matter of interest do you think the bag was original? I doubt if very many Tunisian women would be able to afford an original Chanel Bag.

Have you tried texting her number?

Dina sabra

Hi Dina

You state that you are a law student - did you not think that something was wrong with sending so much money ($1500) for a 'used' Chanel bag and without having address or some for of ID from the person you were sending it to?

And now you would like someone who lives in Tunisia to act illegally 'as a lawyer' thus putting that person in a bad or possibly even dangerous position. You are asking too much of people.

How much money is it going to cost you to continue through WU? You sent the money willingly to her, she could say that it was a gift - do you have paperwork/emails etc to prove that it was for a 'used bag'.

Can you post alerts on the emirates site you met her through so that no-one else is take in by her if it is a scam.

If it's going to cost a lot to investigate further, I'd say put it down to experience and write it off. Or else contact the police in the area she lives in in Tunisia or take out an ad in one of the local newspapers offering a reward for information or similar and see if you get a response that way.

And, as a matter of interest do you think the bag was original? I doubt if very many Tunisian women would be able to afford an original Chanel Bag.

Have you tried texting her number?
The bags original price is 4000 American dollars so u can say its a catch
And as for me I sell my old original bags so I have been in to this for some time but I didn't expect someone to do that really

And yes as I said I have all the emails and conversations between me and her that explains this that the deal was the money for the bag and once she gets the money I get the bag

I just see it as a favor and help as I don't c no other solution

And I know I made a mistake but I wish I can get the money back

I really need help and people please stay positive

Scottochott

You may think we are being negative, but I would say we are being realistic, and you are being very naive. We can do nothing to help, I'm sorry. Personally I would forget it, but otherwise the avenues Essem suggests above are your only recourse.

Jane BM

Have to agree with Scottochott. Firstly I don't think it's either a good idea or adviseable to ask any of our members to try to 'scare' anyone, for whatever reason. If there are legal avenues that are in place to protect you against this then that's what you'll have to do, regardless of the length of time it may take.

I'd take Essems advise in her post above and maybe then put it down to experience. I'd also research things a little more in depth in the future before making such a large purchase. Not sure how the money could be returned to you anyway I'm afraid unless it IS through a legal route.

Negative maybe, realistic most definitely. Sorry.

Dina sabra

So you all think nothing to do

maynardlynne

H

Hi off course I have been scammed I am sure of it
I am sure she has no intention to give me my money back
But I think that is because she thinks she is out of reach she is not trying to negotiate
I am a law student and I have studied the electronic contract which fully protects me and if I want it can get me money back
Which will take a really long time I just want someone to call her as a lawyer and tell her that in case she doesn't give me money I am going to sue her
And I think that is going to scare her and let her send the money back
This all the ideas I have.
but then you are getting innocent people involved ito lie for you....thats not a way to handle things

Dina sabra

B
but then you are getting innocent people involved ito lie for you....thats not a way to handle things
Because that's my only way to get my money back
Plus it's a really some thing it's just a phone call

Trulymadlydeeply

This "Chanel" bag will most definitely be a fake. They sell them everywhere in Tunisia for a few £s $s you could pick one up for less than $50,,,, this money you have sent will be the equivalent to (not sure of exchange rate) Of maybe 10 months wages to some!!!! You really have been conned and I think it is the last you have seen of your money. Maybe you could go to the Tunisian embassy where you live but again I doubt they will care or be helpful at all.

If she is the type of person to do this I do not think a phone call would make her give you the money back, and in any case she or anyone else cannot send money out of Tunisia as it is a closed currency.

lynn

You being Egyptian should know of these scams it happens all the time and I thought you would have known all about sending this amount to Tunisia for a bag. Most of the bags there are fake and really what you are asking is impossible you will never see the money again and I doubt you will find anyone to do what your asking.

huttan

The only thing you can do is report to WU about frauds and to your local police station in your own country. Interpool are gathering all information about frauds from all countrys if I understand all right...but dont count on any money back. Think this gathering is about getting a picture over all frauds in time...and they have raised an eye on this issue now. Think its more about getting people caught for frauds than actually return any money back...

maynardlynne

B
Because that's my only way to get my money back
Plus it's a really some thing it's just a phone call[/quote

im sure you have your own close friends that will make the phone call for you,;)

olliebaby

Although I wouldn't have got myself in this situation in the first place, we all make silly mistakes and IF I had somehow done this then no way would I just let it go. I would definitely ask a friend to do it!

Dina sabra

Hello everyone and thanks for everyone who replyed
I didn't post my problem so you would judge me and say I am naive and did a stupid thing
I already know that it was a mistake
And if you all think that I have to let it go, just think of yourself as if you are in my place.
About the bag the lady had posted the pictures of the bag and I checked the serial number,it was an original.
All what I want is to stay positive and not lose hope as I really feel guilty for putting my sister in such a situation
Thank you all and I thought I could have got a good advice and help from here.

Jane BM

I didn't post my problem so you would judge me and say I am naive and did a stupid thing
And if you all think that I have to let it go, just think of yourself as if you are in my place.
About the bag the lady had posted the pictures of the bag and I checked the serial number,it was an original.
All what I want is to stay positive and not lose hope as I really feel guilty for putting my sister in such a situation
You did get good advise....plenty of it...you also had plenty of informative posts as well. Plenty of things that you could do if you go through them.

However what you won't get from here I'm afraid is people willing to make a fraudulent phone call on your behalf for a fee, nor will you get people SAYING positive things when it's not really a positive situation that you're in. Best of luck.

Trulymadlydeeply

I am sure that on a western union paper that you fill in they ask if you know he person? Did you tick the box dina sabra?

Essem

Staff member

Hi Dina

Don't think anyone is judging you just telling it like it is.

Why do you feel guilty about your sister?

Surely you will repay her regardless of whether or not you receive the bag - after all she gave you the money in good faith. It's not her problem or am I missing something.

Can't you check the serial number of the bag with Chanel - in case there's a paper trail with an address if she was the first buyer?

Dina sabra

H
Hi Dina

Don't think anyone is judging you just telling it like it is.

Why do you feel guilty about your sister?

Surely you will repay her regardless of whether or not you receive the bag - after all she gave you the money in good faith. It's not her problem or am I missing something.

Can't you check the serial number of the bag with Chanel - in case there's a paper trail with an address if she was the first buyer?
Hello
No dear they can't give u such info they just tell where there is such a serial a some kind of a chanel like reissue 22.5 or maxi or jumbo like that

huttan

You know it might not even been her own photo...she could had just taken one she found online and used for her own purpose.

No one is trying to be rude or anything...we try to help out as much as we can from our own knowledge. Its hard to loose that kind of amount of money...

Dina sabra

You know it might not even been her own photo...she could had just taken one she found online and used for her own purpose.

No one is trying to be rude or anything...we try to help out as much as we can from our own knowledge. Its hard to loose that kind of amount of money...
Thnx for your reply