I want to learn Tunisian/Arabic!

bellab

i picked a great book up in the imaginatively named bookshop "El Kitab" in Tunis...it's great for learning tunisian dialect but only if you understand french...it's called L'arabe tunisien by assimil.com

Tunisianbelle

Oh wow! That is the one that my FILs friend gave me! It's nice that they finally put it up on the web - for the longest time I had searched for it so I could have my parents look over it and I never found anything, so I had to upload my copy myself.

Thanks for this Debbie - now I can send everyone here instead of always shifting my website around to upload it and let people download it from me :)

Latisha

i learnt it by listening to my bf and his family talk. and my friends talked with me in arabic. Lol.
I find it easy to talk the language now. If i can help you in anyway just send me a pm and ill do my best x x
WOW how long did it take you to learn???? I was in tunisia for about 2weeks and i picked up a little bit......but i downloaded arabic language tutorial and it is very difficult!!! LOL

Black Mamba

WOW how long did it take you to learn???? I was in tunisia for about 2weeks and i picked up a little bit......but i downloaded arabic language tutorial and it is very difficult!!! LOL
Literary Arabic?

Jenny

Tks, that link was great. :)

Since it took long time to find the word in the scanned copy.I've searched online to see if someone has copied the dictionary to search for the words online. Both phonetic tunisian to english and opposite. But I can't find that someone has done that yet. So I'm acctually thinking of doing it myself (the last part of the dictionary), but then I thought of that perhaps some others also would be intrested in having more easy to search tunisian dictionary so then we could split the typing, take one part each and then afterwards I could put it all together for us.

Just a simple excel file, so it will be possible to search for words.

Pls PM me if you are intrested in typing ;) and I'll give you what pages to start with, the more we are the less typing will it be :)

CJ21

I dont know if anyone is interested but there is so many people wanting to learn the language, me included that I decided to start up a Tunisian-arabic group, for people who want to learn and people who want to help other learn it. Thought it could be a place where everyone can help each other, we can all get fluent together:D lol. If so it's with yahoo groups and it's called tunisan-arabic_group

CJ21

for all who want to learn or help teach the lingo

I posted this on the language thread too, but as there is so many who want to learn Tunisian-arabic, me included, I have started up a group with yahoo groups called ' tunisan-arabic_group ' for pepole who want to learn and people who want to help others learnm I thought it could be a good place where we can all help each other get fluent together, lol.

aljaye

ooh me me im joining

Hbrown1

Banned
Me to I need to try and learn the lingo lol

Black Mamba

I can help if you want :)

Aussiegal

im in i also joined a site called Language exchange community with some Tunisians on it wanting help with English in return for Tunisian lol

ROULLA

Hi Aussiegal hope that you are in good health! I just looked up what you said but it only say Arabic and for me i would prefer to learn Tunisian..Unless i went on the wrong thing...Please let me know, thank you..

Black Mamba

Can I suggest something?

It would be better for you all to learn Standard Arabic

Hbrown1

Banned
I need to learn something because we go home next May and I at least want to show I have tried.

So BM when do my lesson's start.

aljaye

I'ill try anything..but theres not a heck of a lot of stuff out there..not the same as for French etc.

Aussiegal

oh i know you could only put it in as arabic (other) you would think that all would have been listed but i have gotten in contact with a girl from Tunisia so that is good she wants english i have warned her though that as i am Aussie there are going to be lots of words everyone else will be shaking their heads at lol. My poor bloke often has a very confused look