I want to learn Tunisian/Arabic!

CJ21

I'ill try anything..but theres not a heck of a lot of stuff out there..not the same as for French etc.
Thays why I started the group, I couldn't find anything to help me learn. Hopefully we'll get some fluent Tunisian speakers or Tunisians to help us all out.

I just want to say thank you to all who have joined so far, the more the merrier:) so keep joining people:D

A

Ares55

hi every body

Essem

Staff member
Hi Ares and welcome to our forum.

Where in Tunisia do you live?

ROULLA

hi every body
Hi Ares55 welcome to the forum...Our daily arabic lessons are on the thread called Learning Arabic and putting things into sentences you are more than welcome to join in.....Our head teacher at the moment is Black mamba...

hello. i would gratefully receive any help you can give me. i am finding it so hard to learn tunisian arabic but really want to so i can speak with my partners family. regards jo_saphine

Thanks for that link. That gave me the "English-Tunisian Dictionary"...

Then not sure exactly how I found it now, but inspired by your link, I did a couple of searches on there and also found the Peace Corps Tunisian Arabic Course!

http://www.eric.ed.gov:80/ERICWebPortal/detail?accno=ED183018

Hope that helps some of you keen to learn!

C

Cas

Also on Wikipedia there is a shorter selection of words and phrases in dictionary form compiled by our very own Ualrark.:)

Interlingua

Thanks Sparkle.

I think someone should produce some resources specifically for the Tunisian dialect, a CD perhaps – would be a very profitable venture indeed!
That's a fantastic idea! we are a language school, so could contribute!

Milk

Reading this thread, I'm thinking that learning just french won't help to speak with someone who lives in Tunisia? The language there is a mix of Arabic/French.

DragonZest

Reading this thread, I'm thinking that learning just french won't help to speak with someone who lives in Tunisia? The language there is a mix of Arabic/French.
Yes but 99.9% of all Tunisian's speak French also....more speak French than speak English especially in the older generation

C

Cas

Not such a high percentage speak French Dragonzest, I think younger people and only people with certain level of education of anyone else. Italian also learnt for some.

DragonZest

Ok :D I'll change that to 99.9% of people I've met speak french :D
More chance of them speaking French than English in most cases anyways

Samurai

hi there,
well first start by gripping some vocab then I would advise you to watch Tv shows, Drama from time to time that's the best way to get the language, culture and especially pronunciation.
good luck

C

Cas

Welcome to the Forum Samurai, hope that you find lots that`s of interest and in response to your post; Making sure it`s Tunisian and not that fantastic Egyptian soap opera lol.

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Samurai. Happy Posting!

Samurai

Welcome to the Forum Samurai, hope that you find lots that`s of interest and in response to your post; Making sure it`s Tunisian and not that fantastic Egyptian soap opera lol.
Welcome to the forum Samurai. Happy Posting!
Thank you guys for the worm welcoming!

I just bumped into this website and I really love it, wish I had introduced to my ex lol at least she might change her mind and get more interest into Tunisia.
Indeed Cas most of the medias are polluted with the Egyptians stuff but I am sure there are few Tunisian websites uploading most of the TV shows.
This one for instance http://mayfootekchay.tv/content.php

Sami S

Hi,

I am Tunisian but I am born in Sweden and my mother from Sweden therefore we only spoke Swedish at home unfortunately.
I have been visiting Tunisia every year since I have been a boy so I understand the basics as well as I speak the basics.

I have now decided to learn Arabic once and for all and would appreciate if anyone could recommend to me anyone that would be able to teach me and my wife and three young children Arabic. We are going to be around for 3 months and we stay close by El kantaoui.

Very Grateful
Sami

Sami S

Hi,

Posted same thread in Sousse Category before I realised there was a Language Category.

I am Tunisian but I am born in Sweden and my mother from Sweden therefore we only spoke Swedish at home unfortunately.
I have been visiting Tunisia every year since I have been a boy so I understand the basics as well as I speak the basics.

I have now decided to learn Arabic once and for all and would appreciate if anyone could recommend to me anyone that would be able to teach me and my wife and three young children Arabic. We are going to be around for 3 months and we stay close by El kantaoui.

Very Grateful
Sami

ROULLA

Hi Sami and welcome to the forum, hope that you enjoy it like we all do! Sami I can only tell you the information that I have found on the internet as I generally stay in Nabeul so I am not able to help you much but I am more than sure that someone will answer your question. Anyway here is what I have found for you ,hope that this helps.
http://www.language-school-teachers.com/default.asp?selCountry=106&txtCity=Sousse
http://www.learn4good.com/great_schools/arabic_language_courses_tunisia.htm