ILR- An introduction!

caley

Hi all.....YAY....I'm the first to post in this forum!! LOL...:rolleyes:

Anyway, just wanted to say that my hubby will be applying for ILR in a year and ive been doing some research etc and finding out whats needed for the application blah blah, so if anyone needs any help or has any updates/ advice then it would be gratefully received!!

Hope to speak soon!! xxx

janette b

looking at what you need it seems quite straight forward compared to the settlement visa to get them here.Mind we thought the settlement was much easier than the visitors visa.

K

Kassie

looking at what you need it seems quite straight forward compared to the settlement visa to get them here.Mind we thought the settlement was much easier than the visitors visa.
I have been looking at this today! Such alot of docs required :rolleyes: Need to start preparing soon! :eek:

Kassie

xxx

laurahassoul

It was easy for the ILR for my husband. Simply ensure you have proof of living together over the 2 years with documents for both of you, documents in both names is better but even if you have things individually thats fine too. We sent something for everything single month for the whole 2 years even though they say a lot less is needed just to make sure so if one month we didnt have something in joint names i sent something else in seperate names but for the same month, whether it be wageslips/hospital appointments etc. I cant remember what else was needed without looking back but as long as you send what is on the list and more to make sure, theres nothing to it. It was this time last year when we applied so things may have changed. Proof of living together ie tenancy agreement is obviously essential and proof of earnings / job status (although my husband was not working when we applied for his) but we sent letters / proof of interviews aswell and his wageslips from jobs before he was made redundant to show he had been working and was through no fault of his own as to why he was not working. Also think we sent a copy of his cv lol his application was due towards end of november and we did a postal one, he had his passport back mid january so did not take that long at all. If you are looking to do it in person you will need to book well in advance as when we tried they were fully booked up at every single office across uk and you cannot have an appointment after the spouses visa expires because of this, he would have to go home and apply for extension which at the time would have cost another 5-600 quid! Postal way was much quicker than we thought anyways and saved £200!

janette b

i have noticed its much cheaper by post, thats what we will be doing but not for a while he has only been here 8 months but passed so quick.

lovedup

Ilr worried :(

Hello lovleeeeys i havent posted in ages i neva hav time now i have two rugrats,lol. My hubbies ILR is up on the 26th feb 2011 and im worried.

Since hes been here hes not been able to find real work and it did not help arriving slap bang at the start of the ressesion.:mad:

We now have two children 22 months and 3 months and i am not working now as i am a full time mum.

I am so worried they are going to refuse him to stay longer and i will end up alone. Hes searched for work a lot registered in every agency in Doncaster been to the job centre all the time but nothing. To be honest i think they look at his CV and see his names Mohamed and think no no. He couldn't even get a job at the co op down the road :( Since hes been here ive realised how racist n nasty ppl can be.

I don't no what to do ive collected paper work and things that might help. Any help about the process and what i have to do would be appreciated. Surly the state wouldn't make me a single mum and worsen my situation at least my hubby is looking for work. Even a two year extension would be great to prove he wouldn't claim any benefits i don't want money i want my hubby here :(

ROULLA

Hi Lovedup hope that you and your family are all in good health! Sorry to hear that your husband is unable to find a job, give it time and i am sure that something will come up, as for the racist thing you will find that this is everywhere to be honest with you, don't worry about what other people think, just keep focused on getting your husband a job that is more important than anything,wish you and your family all the happiness and luck in the world, take care..:)

crazypink

Hey Lovedup - long time no see!! Hope ur all well........sounds like your very busy!! Congrats on the little ones :)

Hubby has been here 17mths now and it took him over 12mths to find work. Your rite.....its hard out there rite now, and they do look more towards british workers 1st. Inshallah he will find work soon.

Mel is prob the best one to speak to bout ILR stuff, shes the best!

Misst you on here.......hope to see you about a bit more. Take care of yourself and your family!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

MellieC

Hey Lovedup - long time no see!! Hope ur all well........sounds like your very busy!! Congrats on the little ones :)

Hubby has been here 17mths now and it took him over 12mths to find work. Your rite.....its hard out there rite now, and they do look more towards british workers 1st. Inshallah he will find work soon.

Mel is prob the best one to speak to bout ILR stuff, shes the best!

Misst you on here.......hope to see you about a bit more. Take care of yourself and your family!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
LOL,go on take me outa my comfort zone! my hubby has for want of a better word "automatic" ILR, we don't have to go through that ~ just other hoops we are choking on lol

I would like to think that loved up won't have any probs with ILR, rights of the children do NOW come as a priority, but that seems to apply more to asylum and refugee status ~

I will have a look and see what if anything is new in the IRL stakes.

daliroya

Hi Lovedup,

I understand the stress of worrying about finances. America is the same. When I returned from Sweden in January, I looked for 9 months and applied over 200 places. Everyone said "NO". (I am white american with 2 degrees and experience....so I don't think the rejection is soley racism, times are hard.) Many of my friends who worked places 20 or more years were losing their jobs.

I have a big family to support and was so stressed. I will encourage you about two things:

1. God is great......things always have a way of working out, so trust God and know even when things are hard, he is great.

2. Consider making your own work. I searched every possible thing/talent I could do. I worked with temp services, etc. I now have 4 somewhat "offbeat" jobs and I work around 45-50 hours a week, but I can pay my bills and actually like what I do. I thought of things I could do and advertised on Craig's list and by word of mouth, etc. Look at your skills sets and see how to market yourself. In this economy, it is up to the individual to be proactive and MAKE a way.

Bon courage!

MellieC

Lovedup ~

there is nothing new in the last few weeks, conditions for ILR are pretty much as they were for his original "leave to enter" visa.

I hope your hubby does find work, he must be way beyond fed up now huh?

are you planning on returning to work? did you work between having the children?

If you are, then he would be looking after the children, until the roles can be reversed?

happytunisian

hi lovedup! it happened to me before! and as long as you send with your application all the refusal letters he received from the jobs he applied for and those pieces of paper from job centre just to prove he is doing his best to find a job, i think he will be alright!
you absolutely right! there is lots of racist people around, and i actually know some one who had to change his name to find a job and it worked!!
god helps you both! just ask him to keep looking and any thing would be better than nothing! we all done a shitty jobs dont we?

K

Kassie

Hello lovleeeeys i havent posted in ages i neva hav time now i have two rugrats,lol. My hubbies ILR is up on the 26th feb 2011 and im worried.

Since hes been here hes not been able to find real work and it did not help arriving slap bang at the start of the ressesion.:mad:

I am so worried they are going to refuse him to stay longer and i will end up alone. Hes searched for work a lot registered in every agency in Doncaster been to the job centre all the time but nothing. To be honest i think they look at his CV and see his names Mohamed and think no no. He couldn't even get a job at the co op down the road :( Since hes been here ive realised how racist n nasty ppl can be.

I don't no what to do ive collected paper work and things that might help. Any help about the process and what i have to do would be appreciated. Surly the state wouldn't make me a single mum and worsen my situation at least my hubby is looking for work. Even a two year extension would be great to prove he wouldn't claim any benefits i don't want money i want my hubby here :(
Hi Love....My hubby and I empathise with you completely! Hubby found work after six months but was hard slog! :eek: He has been in job now for 18 months and ILR is due in Feb 2011. He is now in college but I am sure they will still look at ILR with fine toothcomb!
All I can say is .....keep trying, applying, anything....it is very hard...we know! :rolleyes: As for the racist thing....I think it does exist....however....you just need to keep trying and rise above it! :)I hope you can keep strong! :)

Kassie

xxx

caley

Hi all

Thats good to know! I was worried it was going to be very difficult, but am relieved to know it might not be as bad as the settlement NIGHTMARE!! hahaha!!

Ahmed and I have been saving letters and wage slips and documents from each month, so HOPEFULLY we will have enough stuff when we actually have to go and apply for ILR!

One question though, when do we actually telephone etc to book an appointment/ apply.....Ahmeds visa runs out on January 23rd 2012....but he will have been living in England for 2 years in October 2011....so when do we actually apply? I was under the impression it will be a month or so BEFORE he's been here 2 years....so September 2011? Can anyone help me with this? x

caley

Hi LovedUp

Its nice to meet you on here, my hubby has been in England for a year now, and we found it very hard to get him a job too.....very very luckily i work for the Police and was able to get him work experience within my department, so he had that for 4 or so months, he also was able to work in my grandads pub for 3 months over the xmas period last year, but then my grandads pub closed due to the recession........we applied for everything going, all the supermarkets, youth work, petrol stations....you name it, we applied.....in the end, we were just very lucky that a new Holiday Inn opened up about 10 minutes away from our home, and the manager of the hotel is from Lebanon and the assistant manager is also Arabic.....so when Ahmed rocked up for the interview with them, they all hit it off and they took a chance with him! He now works 40 hours a week, mostly shift work, and its hard going but at least he has money coming in and i think it was all down to luck really.........i think the hardest thing is 'proving' to people that he CAN work and WANTS to work, and he works soooo hard, he is so enthusiastic......more so than ur average 25 year old british bloke i think!!! Anyway, hang in there hun and keep applying applying!!! I can imagine it must be soooo much more difficult with kiddies too!! Me and Ahmed really want children soon, as im almost 26 and Ahmed is 25 and we feel like we have a lot of energy and would be great parents right now, but we just cant afford it yet, so we are going to wait a few years.

Have you thought about going back to work yourself? If ur hubby is home, then he could look after the babies for a couple of hours a day and you could get a little part time job or perhaps look into training or child-minding or something like that? x

K

Kassie

""One question though, when do we actually telephone etc to book an appointment/ apply.....Ahmeds visa runs out on January 23rd 2012....but he will have been living in England for 2 years in October 2011....so when do we actually apply? I was under the impression it will be a month or so BEFORE he's been here 2 years....so September 2011? Can anyone help me with this? x[/QUOTE]""

Hi Caley

....yes ...it is approx 1 month before visa expires. Hubby will apply in Jan 2011...visa expires feb!!! OMG :eek: We will have to get organised sooooooo soon! lol ;)

Kassie

xxx

caley

Hi Kassie

I rang the Home Office yesterday and got the correct information, so i thought id share....

If your hubbys Visa is a 2 year, 3 month Visa (most should be now) then you need to apply for your appointment etc one month before he has been here 2 years and NOT one month before his visa expires. For example, my husband got here in October 2009 and his Visa is 2 years and 3 months, so it expires in Jan 2012.....now.....i dont apply for the appointment in December 2011, i apply for the appointment 1 month before he has been here 2 years in Sep 2011- do you get what im saying?

If your husband has to be out of the country in January for example......then there would be no point applying in December, because you wouldnt get your visa in time unless you had an appointment in person and you were fast-tracked, thats the whole reason that the settlement visa is now valid for 2 years and 3 months, to give you TIME to apply and wait for results.

The lady i spoke to was called Beth and she took all Ahmed details and told me that the waiting time at the moment for postal applications is 6-8 weeks and the waiting list for a same day appointment is currently approx 4 weeks at time of booking appointment.

So in short, unless your husband actually had a 2 year visa (not 2 years 3 months like most) then you apply 1 month before he has been here 2 years and NOT 1 month before his visa expires.....otherwise, he's gonna get his bum deported and have to apply for a settlement extension in Tunisia which is £600 for 6 months.

Hope that makes sense, PM me anyone if not!! xxxxxx

K

Kassie

Thank you so much for your post Caley! I misunderstood "requirements" completely! :eek: We would have not applied until Dec/Jan, however, after reading your post I re read UK Border stuff!!! :eek:

Have to get this going asap....or it's farewell hobbie! ;) Once again many thanks!

Kassie

xxx

K

Kassie

....ps....this makes perfect sense to me! :D

Kassie

xxx

K

Kassie

Does anyone know.....please?

When applyinging for ILR.... do we need to get marriage certificate translated to English? Married in Tunisia, therefore, docs in French. Application form for this (July 2010) says ....wants documents in English!

I am stressing now! :eek:

Thanks in anticipation! :confused:

Kassie

xxx