ILR- An introduction!

FoxyRoxie89

didnt you register him at the doctors as well Roxy? if so he should have a letter too confirming his NHS number.......mind you we could have 5 years worth of papers if it all changes this year like it seems.......lol
Yes but not had an NHS number come through :/

Jane BM

Yes but not had an NHS number come through :/
I guess different authorities must work to different schedules....had the letter confirming his GP and also with his NHS number on it so he has it should he need to go to A & E..

FoxyRoxie89

Ill query this on.monday
I guess different authorities must work to different schedules....had the letter confirming his GP and also with his NHS number on it so he has it should he need to go to A & E..

lainie

just checked my new nhs card - the number is at the top under the date but only has practice name, not a specific doctor mentioned like my old one.

raad2000

[
You do not apply again, you renew the card with an updated photo, just like passport or driving licence.
Where do you find the forms to renew them?
quote="Rainbowchild, post: 229323, member: 4368"]You do not apply again, you renew the card with an updated photo, just like passport or driving licence.[/quote]

Rainbowchild

[

Where do you find the forms to renew them?
quote="Rainbowchild, post: 229323, member: 4368"]You do not apply again, you renew the card with an updated photo, just like passport or driving licence.
[/quote]

Lol, Im sure the UKBA will either send a renewal notice or have forms online, you can give them a call to find out. You have ten years to phone them :D!!!!

CAIRO

When can the spouse apply for ILR ? As geting contradicing information. Ahmed visa was issed 20th Nov, delivered the 9th DEC 2010 entered the Uk 20th December. His visa states its valid until like 27th feb 2013. So would we need to apply december or jan ? advice needed please :)

maynardlynne

When can the spouse apply for ILR ? As geting contradicing information. Ahmed visa was issed 20th Nov, delivered the 9th DEC 2010 entered the Uk 20th December. His visa states its valid until like 27th feb 2013. So would we need to apply december or jan ? advice needed please :)
i think you should make a few phone calls regarding the dates. its usually the date the visa was granted

Rainbowchild

i think you should make a few phone calls regarding the dates. its usually the date the visa was granted
It is not the date the visa was granted.

It is based on the date of UK entry so for Cairos spouse 20th Dec, the earliest application date is 28 days before the two years is completed so 22nd Nov. Application must be submitted before end of visa 26th Feb. I dont know who is giving contradicting information but it is stated quite clearly on the UKBA website, and if you are unsure give them a call, they are very helpful.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/

maynardlynne

The How to apply for settlement section contains information about sending your application and which application form to use. You must be in the UK when you apply using one of these application forms.
Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the application fee (if a fee is charged for your application type). However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.

ive searched and cant find where it states 28days from when u arrived in the UK......interesting if u can guide me to this page

maynardlynne

FOUND IT.....so wea re both right:)
If we gave you permission to remain in the UK as an unmarried or same-sex partner and are now applying to settle here as the husband, wife or civil partner of the same person, your 2-year qualifying period started on whichever is the later of these two dates:
  • the date when we gave you permission to remain as an unmarried or same-sex partner; or
  • the date when you arrived in the UK.

CAIRO

I phoned them and this is what they said look on the website ! so i did and found this under settlement visa M.
When should you apply?

You must be in the UK when you make your application, and you must apply before your current permission to stay expires. We encourage you to apply 28 days before the expiry date, but you can choose to apply earlier than this.
?????

kassie

Hello Cairo....

Hubby arrived in Dec 2008....visa valid till feb 2011 but had to apply in 24 months....therefore submitted 24 months on enrty date to uk.....does this help? Applied November 2010. ( 28 days)

Kassie

xx

janette b

Hubbies passport finally returned last saturday but dated 22 may.....came by pidgeon post i think......

salim

hi guys ,hope that you are well !
in a while I take my IRL in the United Kingdom! I will do my fiancialle next month with a Tunisian girl! so what type of visa must ask my future wife coz we want to get ready

Jane BM

in a while I take my IRL in the United Kingdom! I will do my fiancialle next month with a Tunisian girl! so what type of visa must ask my future wife coz we want to get ready
Is it for her to settle here in the UK salim? if so its a settlement visa..

Trulymadlydeeply

If it is her first visa it will not be ILR that will be later on.

crazypink

She will need a settlement Visa. Good Luck with ILR salim :)

Trulymadlydeeply

Truely - he is doing ILR then he will marry and wants to bring his wife to the UK.
Confused.com!!! Oh right so on what basis are you applying for ILR Salim? I would wait until you get it first.