ILR- An introduction!

Jane BM

Confused.com!!! Oh right so on what basis are you applying for ILR Salim? I would wait until you get it first.
If i remember rightly...Salim came here on a work type visa...

Trulymadlydeeply

Is that easy to change to ILR then? On what grounds can it be changed?

Jane BM

You can apply to settle permenantly in the UK if you have been working and living here for 5 years :D
Every day is a school day Brownie....thanks for that..:D

salim

Jane BM

Fingers crossed Salim.....when is the wedding? I cant remember if you told us?

salim

Fingers crossed Salim.....when is the wedding? I cant remember if you told us?
next month Jane I'm going back to Bizerte I'll stay the month of Ramadan nchallah! the second day of Eid I will celebrate my fiancialle then the weeding will be nchallah in 6ou 5 next month i am not sure yet i need ti discuss this with my family , my love and her family ;)

Jane BM

next month Jane I'm going back to Bizerte I'll stay the month of Ramadan nchallah! the second day of Eid I will celebrate my fiancialle then the weeding will be nchallah in 6ou 5 next month i am not sure yet i need ti discuss this with my family , my love and her family ;)
Sounds very exciting Salim....we got married in July last year in Bizerte also....im sure you have lots to do now then both for the wedding and paperwork for your fiances visa.....
Lucky you to be able to spend the whole month of Ramadan together as well..:)

salim

salim

Ooohh that looks delicious Salim!!!! my husband cooks that for me at LEAST once a week.....;)
Jane can you give me a favour i want the recette please if you can i can't want 19 July to eat couscouss

salim

Jane can you give me a favour i want the recette please if you can i can't want 19 July to eat couscouss
everytime i try i make it so hot and my friends can't eat it :D i am a loser chef

Jane BM

Do you mean the recipe Salim..cos if you do i have no idea, its my husband who makes it!! and he brought all his spices over from Tunisia..:)

Jane BM

everytime i try i make it so hot and my friends can't eat it :D i am a loser chef
Dont worry Salim, cos im a loser chef as well....but it means i dont do the cooking in my house so maybe im NOT the loser....:D

salim

Do you mean the recipe Salim..cos if you do i have no idea, its my husband who makes it!! and he brought all his spices over from Tunisia..:)
really !!! that's good maybe when i come back i try to buy some spices you ma last visit to my family was on November 2008

Jane BM

really !!! that's good maybe when i come back i try to buy some spices you ma last visit to my family was on November 2008
Yes he brought a load over when he came in January!! lol....still going, should have enough till we go back in October...

salim

Yes he brought a load over when he came in January!! lol....still going, should have enough till we go back in October...
that's good to hear that jane ! hope that when you come back with your husband everythings will be ok and you will have an excellent holiday

Jane BM

For anybody starting to think about ILR there are a few good links if you go into the DirectGov.co.uk website, Education and Learning...it explains all about the requirements regarding ESOL courses available and 'Life in the UK' test.

Helpline numbers

ESOL courses help and advise...0800 66 0800....8.00am-10.00pm, 7 days a week

Life in the UK help and advise...0800 015 4245.....8.00am-10.00pm, 7 days a week