ILR APPLYING IN PERSON. Help needed

orlandobird

Hi everybody

My husbands Spouse visa will be up later this year and I am just trying to figure out how we can apply in person.
We have a lot of time to do this but just want to know the facts now.

We want to apply in person as don't want his passport gone for 6 months as we travel a lot but how does it work???

Does he complete the application send it off then book a appointment ? Is it right that we can't send off his application 28 days before his two years of being in the UK expire? Or can we book the appointment in advance and send the application off later??

Thanks in advance

orlandobird

Thanks but I have been looking at that for the last few hours and can't find the answers I need!!! :(

olliebaby

You book the appointment and take the application and all supporting documents with you to be reviewed that day. You make your appointment for no more than 28 days before his visa expires. You pay when you are there by card only, they don't take cash and if your doing the premium service it's probably best to use the official checking service first to ensure you have everything you need on the day as they won't give you the opportunity to get further stuff if you've missed it out. X

olliebaby

Oh and if there are no appointments for the dates you need to apply within then you have to do it by post instead x

orlandobird

Ok thanks I was not sure if I had to send off the application first.

loulou28

Try and book very early, I am not sure how far in advance you can book but when we looked there were no appointments available for months! x

orlandobird

Yes I just looked but I was not sure if they only let you book appointments up to a certain date. As there were no appointments past march as I guess you are meant to book 28days before