ILR - Indefinite Leave to remain

Essem

Staff member
Information, questions etc about ILR - Indefinite leave to remain.:confused:

Essem

Staff member
Would someone who has been through this process mind listing the requirements please?

KIZZEY

Am just preparing for this and if you go to the uk border agency website, search for SET M (which are the application forms) section 9 gives you a list of all you need:)

MellieC

WELL HELLO YOU!!!!!!!

HOW IS "SHUT IT MORON" these days LOL

see, how simple it is to Look thngs up and find out LOL

if you THEN have questions ~ something isn't clear etc thats a different matter huh?

SEANITA

I was looking at the UKBA website and wanted some clarification on the new English test as Mo will have to do it as his settlement doen't expire until Feb 2011. The lady I spoke to knew nothing of it. I told her it was on their site about it and I had a few questions. She said she couldn't help as she had just come back from leave (I informed her it had been announced a few months ago) and just to keep watching the website as she couldn't answer my questions. Very helpful.

FoxyRoxie89

Seanita I read through the UKBA website before, I find it confusing ! x

janette b

i thought for ILR you took the life in uk test or esol course ........

Mrs H

i thought for ILR you took the life in uk test or esol course ........
Yes I thought that too :confused:

Just had a quick look at the application (not that we need to do this for a good while yet, but was just being nosey) & found this -

Note 8
We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.

telephone bills or statements
mortgage statements/agreement
bank statements/letters
council tax bills or statements
water rates bills or statements
electricity and/or gas bills or statements
tenancy agreement(s)
building society savings books/letters
letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing
letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters

Glad I looked now or I would have been shredding everything. Was hard enough getting a bank account for H, if the council hadnt added his name to the council tax bill we wouldnt have been able to open an account for him. All my bills are in different names :rolleyes:, some in my old married name, some in my maiden name & if I change my passport to my married name I will have to go change everything to the same name. Here's me thinking we had done all the hard work with the visa :rolleyes:

FoxyRoxie89

yes thanks kassie :) x

Hbrown1

Banned
Hi Folk's,

This is an excellent thread, we will be applying early next year for hubby's ILR.

The more info there better, keep it coming xx xx :)

MellieC

Seanita I read through the UKBA website before, I find it confusing ! x
it is very confusing at times, things that don't apply to one type of application but are similar to another the info gets lumped together and IT IS hard sometiems to work out what the hell you ar looking at ~ and its not an everyday occurance, not your own personal papers so most people need some guidance with it.

MellieC

I was looking at the UKBA website and wanted some clarification on the new English test as Mo will have to do it as his settlement doen't expire until Feb 2011. The lady I spoke to knew nothing of it. I told her it was on their site about it and I had a few questions. She said she couldn't help as she had just come back from leave (I informed her it had been announced a few months ago) and just to keep watching the website as she couldn't answer my questions. Very helpful.
the first press releases said the "NEW" english test would apply to both entry clearance AND leave to remain, thats been changed ~ it will still be the ESOL Life in the UK test for leave to remain, and only part of the originally proposed english test for entry clearance will be applicable for visa's, and THAT really is basic, nowhere near what Hoss has taken!

But when you read what WAS on the website, and it soundslike it is probably the same thing on there still ~ it certainly appears that the test applies to both!!

Hbrown1

Banned
it is very confusing at times, things that don't apply to one type of application but are similar to another the info gets lumped together and IT IS hard sometiems to work out what the hell you ar looking at ~ and its not an everyday occurance, not your own personal papers so most people need some guidance with it.
Hi Mel,

How are you hun?

You said it it's all confusing so the more info we have the better.

Then applicants can take what's relevant to them xx xx :)

KIZZEY

WELL HELLO YOU!!!!!!!

HOW IS "SHUT IT MORON" these days LOL

see, how simple it is to Look thngs up and find out LOL

if you THEN have questions ~ something isn't clear etc thats a different matter huh?
Ha ha Mel how ya doin? He is fine thanks though still a moron at times:) He's now into all the soaps so he doesn't chat through them anymore.
Yeh as you say its easy to find the answers to anything on here if you got the patience but I can understand everyone when they want the answer NOW! and usualy panickin. We was going to do the ILR in person but now have decided to just post everything off, why go sit there for two or three hours and pay an extra £255 for the privelidge? the papers are the same so the answers going to be the same, its just the waiting but we waited 13 weeks for answer foer settlement visa so can't say we don't have patience.

FoxyRoxie89

I was wondering about the test hoss has taken as dont get me wrong 6.5 out of 9 is still brilliant as I wouldnt get that in another language but as the the way he writes on here etc It kind of worried me that S was no where near that level.. even though he is still very good.. so that clears it up the test S would have to take wouldnt be near the same level as hoss, and that is why hoss got the 6.5 as if he did the easier tet he would have probably got full marks :)

Am I making sense lol x

K

Kassie

:)....just to let you know....hubby has now enrolled at college...for his ESOL as a prerequiste for ILR. I hope all goes well for him :D...we are getting there ...step by step! ;)

Kassie

xxx

FoxyRoxie89

Goodluck Kassie :)

How much is this costing?

MellieC

I was wondering about the test hoss has taken as dont get me wrong 6.5 out of 9 is still brilliant as I wouldnt get that in another language but as the the way he writes on here etc It kind of worried me that S was no where near that level.. even though he is still very good.. so that clears it up the test S would have to take wouldnt be near the same level as hoss, and that is why hoss got the 6.5 as if he did the easier tet he would have probably got full marks :)

Am I making sense lol x
absolute sense!" thats scarey huh lol

Hoss should be, and is rightly very proud of himself, the test that comes in in Nov ~ hoss would have done it in 3 seconds!!

i told fred what the requirements are and even an old bugger like him can hack the test LOL
and the concetration will be on speaking more than writing or reading!

K

Kassie