Immigration to US based on marriage process and timeline

TunisianYankee

NVC completed their review of the application and supporting documents on Friday November 14 and everything was accepted. YAY! We're now just waiting to have my husband's interview scheduled with the American embassy in Tunis. So far our application has been going through at a lightening fast pace. Hopefully our good fortune continues when the case gets to the Embassy. Just one last hurdle!

starrysky12

NVC completed their review of the application and supporting documents on Friday November 14 and everything was accepted. YAY! We're now just waiting to have my husband's interview scheduled with the American embassy in Tunis. So far our application has been going through at a lightening fast pace. Hopefully our good fortune continues when the case gets to the Embassy. Just one last hurdle!
YAYYYY!!!!

Mezoo

VIP Member
in Tunis the best place to mail from is the (Rapid Poste) Post Office at the Airport.
remember this to those who follow behind. it is good advice and true.

Latisha

Boy o boy, im getting nervous just looking at this thread. I will be in this position soon. My problem is finding a sponsor smh I'm truly happy for all those who are doing great.....and in the process of waiting. Reading this whole thread has cause me to bite my finger nails down to the skin :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: I surely wish I could just move to Tunisia, but he doesn't want that....simply because he isn't working good and he can't provide for me and my daughter. (Sighhhh) something will happen soon....I can feel it :D:D

TunisianYankee

Boy o boy, im getting nervous just looking at this thread. I will be in this position soon. My problem is finding a sponsor smh I'm truly happy for all those who are doing great.....and in the process of waiting. Reading this whole thread has cause me to bite my finger nails down to the skin :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: I surely wish I could just move to Tunisia, but he doesn't want that....simply because he isn't working good and he can't provide for me and my daughter. (Sighhhh) something will happen soon....I can feel it :D:D
Good luck to you both. We're lucky in the USA since the threshold for income for sponsorship is quite low AND they allow for cosponsors. In the UK the threshold is very high and you can't have a cosponsor to help you. Where there's a will, there's a way.

helpme

Please can you give me the adress of the translator you used

TunisianYankee

helpme

Thank u for responding to me i have tgat list :oops: yes i want it to know whose one i pick ill pick the one from lac palace as u did hopefully he or she has experience translating k1 visa papers
:happy:thank u :cat:

helpme

Another thing please would u tell me how much does cost
Thank u so much !!
Most appreciated:angelic:

TunisianYankee

I THINK it was 20 dinar per page... @lulabex recently did the K1 visa so she may have other advice on the translator. Honestly, I had very little to do with all that as my husband and his father take care of all that.

lulabex

well for me, i didn't know about the list from the embassy so i just went to a sworn translator and translated my birth certificate but now i have to do it again. the first time cost 10 d per page.

helpme

Lulabex
well for me, i didn't know about the list from the embassy so i just went to a sworn translator and translated my birth certificate but now i have to do it again. the first time cost 10 d per page.
What other papers will you have to translate?
*birth certificate
*b3 police certificate
Do we need a paper that it proves that we werent engaged begore ?!

lulabex

i think its only those too !
i didn't understand what kind of paper that proves that you were not engaged before..

lulabex

@helpme , are you awaiting your interview to be scheduled?

helpme

[QUOTE="lulabex, post: 314904, member: 139toSER=14117]@helpme[/USER] , are you awaiting your interview to be scheduled?[/QUOTE]
No we r wating for noa2
'War9it il 3ouzouboya mil baladiya'
The woman working there told me i need it
Then she told me to stumped in ' wilaya ' then in minestery of foreign affairs
I think she is wrong but still inwant to make sure if i should go through that steps or not
We need to ask a female that went before through this process or ask the ambassy itself
Once i get my noa2 I'll go myself to ask what to do

lulabex

no it is not needed for the k1 visa !! i'm pretty sure because they didn't mention it anywhere..

lulabex

that's for Philippines ' applicants !! checklists varies from one country to another !

helpme

I know but th blog in general has an idea about k1 procedures and it concern every k1 visa appplicants but some details that r Philippines target

lulabex

i already got my package 3 which is a checklist and these are the documents you need for your interview :

· Complete Form DS-160:Your fiancé(e) and his or her children must each complete Form DS-160 to apply for a K1/K2 visa. Go to ceac.state.gov to complete the DS-160. You must: 1) complete the online visa application and 2) print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview.
· A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)
· Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
· Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
· Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
· Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
· Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained inPhotograph Requirements
· Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
· Payment of fees, as explained below