Immigration to US based on marriage process and timeline

lulabex

thanks !
there is this site www.ustraveldocs.com you will have to create an account there so that you can make sure your payment was sent. because when you will enter your receipt number, the embassy will send you a confirmation email saying that your payment was received !!

helpme

[email protected] why do u think it took so long to schedule your appointment ?
There r no many Tunisians applying 4 k1 visa i guess
I mean it's not crowdy
Do u think it's because of Christmas ?

lulabex

oh there are many people doing K1 visa and other types of visa too ! there are also the Libyans who apply for their visa in our consulate.. but it is normal for me to wait. my case just got the the embassy dec, 5th.. And the average time of wait is 2 months until the interview !!!

helpme

Really !
Oh god :nailbiting:
:(((( the waiting is aggravating
Well everthing in its time is good
We have no choice..

lulabex

yes i know !! it is nerf wrecking but everything needs time.. we just need to be patient !

lulabex

@helpme did you check your status on USCIS website?

helpme

Lola , may i ask again pleez :p
First steps u did after u get the noa2 approved
I mean first thing u did
I know when the papers work come ill panic

helpme

@helpme did you check your status on USCIS website?
Oh lola till now we got the error nessage ..and from here i can't do much
Hopefully my fiancé get some inf about it today

lulabex

Oh lola till now we got the error nessage ..and from here i can't do much
Hopefully my fiancé get some inf about it today

oh i'm sorry, you know the error message is due to the update of their website !! yes you will know more about it once he calls that lady at the USCIS.

TunisianYankee

I updated the timeline in the original post. Interview was today and my husband was approved.

Trulymadlydeeply

So what next is it all systems go? Congrats

TunisianYankee

Thanks. Yep, we just need to buy our plane tickets, an get our apartment packed up. I'm really going to miss it here in Tunisia though. I hope we can find a way to come back to visit often.

Jillimom

Congratulations TY! May your new life in the United States be all you dream of. Keep in touch and let us know how the transition goes back to the land of organization! LOL. Can you tell that is the thing I miss most?? ;) Have a safe trip.

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations TY, hope all goes well for you. Xx

Jellycat

Congratulations TY and hubby. Where in the US are you headed. Will you go back to your old job. hope it all works out for you

Jane BM

Really happy for you both. Xxx

starrysky12

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you :D He doesn't need to wait for anything else now?

TunisianYankee

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you :D He doesn't need to wait for anything else now?
We just have to go back on Wednesday to pick up his passport with his visa in it.. We will then go online and pay for his greencard. Then we travel at the end of the month. Once he gets to the USA , they will mail his greencard and SSN to him.

starrysky12

So exciting!!! How much is a greencard?

TunisianYankee

The fee for the actual greencard is $165.00. Are you finished with the NVC yet?