Immigration to US based on marriage process and timeline

starrysky12

We are!! The day after we received notice that they were forwarding our case to the embassy, you posted that your husband was approved for his visa :). So I saw that it took 2 months for the interview for you guys. I'm hoping ours is the same. Can I ask how much the preparation stuff costs?

TunisianYankee

YAY I'm so happy you're finished with the NVC. You will likely find out the appointment of your interview and P4 sometime the first week of February and Insha'Allah he'll get the interview in March. The costs for the stuff he needs to bring to the embassy is not a lot. I think it was 60 TND for the medical. You'll also have to bring any documents they're asking for along with translations which cost 10-20 TND per page. I'm really happy for you to be finished with the NVC.

starrysky12

Thank you! :* We are so excited. We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! I just pray that the interview will go smoothly. The costs don't sound as scary as I was thinking. He can handle that :) The green card I will have to save up for, as well as plane tickets. I am hoping I can go there to see everyone and say goodbye with him. I don't want him traveling internationally by himself - it's hard enough for me and I've done it a few times! Ughhh I'm sure it will be hard for you both to say goodbye and leave everyone you love. But... new beginnings! So exciting! I'm just so happy for you guys <3

TunisianYankee

OMG, The tears started the day the visa was approved! I thought it would be his mother having the hardest time but it's actually my husband and his FATHER who have been crying the most!

starrysky12

:'( :'( :'( I can't even imagine being in their shoes. Especially knowing that there's no telling how often they will be able to see eachother once he leaves. Heartbreaking! I told my husband that we just have to make it a priority to plan an annual trip to Tunisia. If one year we can't afford for both of us to go, then he needs to go by himself. I think it's important for the husbands to be with family and friends and in their own culture when they can. I know that whenever I had been away from the U.S., it was such a beautiful thing to enter an American airport where they had american food and people everywhere were speaking English! I wanted to kiss the ground lol. That feeling of home... I really hope that you and your husband can do better than once a year. Nchallah!

lulabex

Congrats !!! I'm in the US Now and it's a whole different world for me !!!!

Mezoo

VIP Member

Trulymadlydeeply

This is such a good thread re the immigration process I wouldn't like to steer away from it. Maybe lulabex and starrysky could start another thread how you/your partners are adapting in America.

Ilyes

NVC completed their review of the application and supporting documents on Friday November 14 and everything was accepted. YAY! We're now just waiting to have my husband's interview scheduled with the American embassy in Tunis. So far our application has been going through at a lightening fast pace. Hopefully our good fortune continues when the case gets to the Embassy. Just one last hurdle!
hey Tunisian yankee!
i just got my package on email, they said that i need to bring with me on my interview a birth and a police certificate,
my question is that all the papers they need?
do you think i should bring other papers with me?
please i need a quick answer about this,
thanks again!

lulabex

You need the whole package with you !!! The chat history, the pictures, taxes. Bank statements, the American passport pictures... They might ask for any paper !!!

Ilyes

You need the whole package with you !!! The chat history, the pictures, taxes. Bank statements, the American passport pictures... They might ask for any paper !!!
hey!
the us embassy said that after i submit the DS 160 application, they gonna schedule my interview
my question is, what should i do after i submit the DS 160, should i send the us embassy an email telling them that i finished submitting the DS 160?
right now im getting nervous and i got lots of questions jumping in my head lol, hope you help me here since you went throught the same process
could you please tell me if i need to bring with me the scan copy of the affidavit of support or should i ask my fiance to send it to me by the mail?
should my fiance attends the interview with me?
last question, the embassy asked me to bring with me 670 dinar to pay the fees during the interview, so is that mean that i dont need to pay anything when i submit the DS 160 via post office?
thanks again!

starrysky12

This is such a good thread re the immigration process I wouldn't like to steer away from it. Maybe lulabex and starrysky could start another thread how you/your partners are adapting in America.
Maybe I will once he gets here. I will probably have plenty of cultural questions for you all LOL. My husband's interview date is March 12th :) We are so excited. I have a question for anyone that can help - how does he get his medical exam info? I assumed they would be mailing him a packet with instructions or list of approved doctors. So far, we have only received the email about the interview date and what he needs to take with him.

starrysky12

hey Tunisian yankee!
i just got my package on email, they said that i need to bring with me on my interview a birth and a police certificate,
my question is that all the papers they need?
do you think i should bring other papers with me?
please i need a quick answer about this,
thanks again!
If your email is like ours, it tells you what they have already and what they still need from you. It will also give you a web link for preparing for the interview.

TunisianYankee

Maybe I will once he gets here. I will probably have plenty of cultural questions for you all LOL. My husband's interview date is March 12th :) We are so excited. I have a question for anyone that can help - how does he get his medical exam info? I assumed they would be mailing him a packet with instructions or list of approved doctors. So far, we have only received the email about the interview date and what he needs to take with him.
There is only one doctor and she only does exams first thing in the morning. http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/TNS - Tunis

After he has the exam he will be given a sealed packet to bring to the interview.

TunisianYankee

So he will need to also see the radiologist and have the blood analysis?
He will call the doctor and make an appointment. He will go to the doctor between 7AM and 8AM and bring with him his P4 appointment letter and two passport style photos. The doctor will examine him. The secretary will prepare packages for him to bring to the radiologist and lab work. He should NOT go to the lab work or radiologist until AFTER the doctor's office instructs him to because he has to bring the special packet that the doctor's secretary prepares for him.

starrysky12

He will call the doctor and make an appointment. He will go to the doctor between 7AM and 8AM and bring with him his P4 appointment letter and two passport style photos. The doctor will examine him. The secretary will prepare packages for him to bring to the radiologist and lab work. He should NOT go to the lab work or radiologist until AFTER the doctor's office instructs him to because he has to bring the special packet that the doctor's secretary prepares for him.
Ok thank you. Now another prob - he has no immunization records or medical history...

TunisianYankee

Ok thank you. Now another prob - he has no immunization records or medical history...
That's ok. He can just show up at the doctor and she'll take care of any need immunizations. Many are done in school and the doctor is aware of that. She'll give him what he needs in order to be admitted to the USA.

starrysky12

That's ok. He can just show up at the doctor and she'll take care of any need immunizations. Many are done in school and the doctor is aware of that. She'll give him what he needs in order to be admitted to the USA.
That's what I thought but he's freaking out so I thought i'd check lol

Ilyes

how much it cost the medical exam please?