Immigration to US based on marriage process and timeline

Ilyes

If your email is like ours, it tells you what they have already and what they still need from you. It will also give you a web link for preparing for the interview.
when they emailed me the package 3, they asked me to fill out the DS 160 and bring with me 630 dinars to the embassy for the visa fees, they told me that as soon as i fill the ds 160 up they will schedule me an appointment, in the same email they send me the name of the doctor to have my medical exam, her name is Solange..

TunisianYankee

how much it cost the medical exam please?
I honestly don't remember. You can call the number from the link I posted to starry and they'll tell you how much.. I want to say that it cost us 130TND for everything but I don't want to give you wrong info so it's better if you call.

TunisianYankee

when they emailed me the package 3, they asked me to fill out the DS 160 and bring with me 630 dinars to the embassy for the visa fees, they told me that as soon as i fill the ds 160 up they will schedule me an appointment, in the same email they send me the name of the doctor to have my medical exam, her name is Solange..
You and starry are doing two different visa types. She is doing the IR1/CR1 the process and you're doing K1. The processes are VERY different. Starry's husband will not have to pay any fees in the embassy and the NVC schedules his interview for him. Just be careful passing info back and forth with someone doing a different visa type than you as it can make things unnecessarily complicated.

Ilyes

You and starry are doing two different visa types. She is doing the IR1/CR1 the process and you're doing K1. The processes are VERY different. Starry's husband will not have to pay any fees in the embassy and the NVC schedules his interview for him. Just be careful passing info back and forth with someone doing a different visa type than you as it can make things unnecessarily complicated.
yea thats true..

Ilyes

I honestly don't remember. You can call the number from the link I posted to starry and they'll tell you how much.. I want to say that it cost us 130TND for everything but I don't want to give you wrong info so it's better if you call.
hey! do you remember after how long the embassy scheduled an appointement when your fiance submitted the DS 160?
i submitted mine on Feb, the 3d and im still waiting for them to schedule me an appointement..

TunisianYankee

I did the CR1/IR1 visa... different process. we filled out the DS260 which is for immigrant visas then it was processed by the NVC for two months then the NVC scheduled the appointment not the embassy... The process for the K1 that you're doing is different and I'm not sure exactly how it works for the K1

Ilyes

I did the CR1/IR1 visa... different process. we filled out the DS260 which is for immigrant visas then it was processed by the NVC for two months then the NVC scheduled the appointment not the embassy... The process for the K1 that you're doing is different and I'm not sure exactly how it works for the K1
ok, thanks

Ilyes

hey!
my interview is in next couple weeks, and the eùbassy they sent me the letter of appointment for my interview on an email, they asked me to bring it with me, so i printed it by using microsoft words, the Characters looks a little bit different and it is on 2 pages, is it fine for me to use the microsoft words?

TunisianYankee

hey!
my interview is in next couple weeks, and the eùbassy they sent me the letter of appointment for my interview on an email, they asked me to bring it with me, so i printed it by using microsoft words, the Characters looks a little bit different and it is on 2 pages, is it fine for me to use the microsoft words?
We printed using open office and it was on two pages also. As long as all the information printed on it, I can't imagine that it would be a problem if the font is slightly different.

Ilyes

thanks for reply, i printed buy using a PDF printer, it was on one page. Hope everything is going well with you and your husband there :)

Ilyes

Maybe I will once he gets here. I will probably have plenty of cultural questions for you all LOL. My husband's interview date is March 12th :) We are so excited. I have a question for anyone that can help - how does he get his medical exam info? I assumed they would be mailing him a packet with instructions or list of approved doctors. So far, we have only received the email about the interview date and what he needs to take with him.
hey!
i read your question about the medical exam
i did my medical exam 2 days ago, it was with a doctor
her name is Solange.. the doctor gave me two shot, and then i went to the radiologist to do the x RAY, after that i made the blood test, and finally i took the result of the blood test and the radiologist and took them to the doctor Laroussi, she gave me a close envelope and told me to take it to the embassy for my interview
the medical exam cost me 150 and last for 3 hours

starrysky12

hey!
i read your question about the medical exam
i did my medical exam 2 days ago, it was with a doctor
her name is Solange.. the doctor gave me two shot, and then i went to the radiologist to do the x RAY, after that i made the blood test, and finally i took the result of the blood test and the radiologist and took them to the doctor Laroussi, she gave me a close envelope and told me to take it to the embassy for my interview
the medical exam cost me 150 and last for 3 hours
Thank you :))

starrysky12

My husband was approved for his visa!! <3 He will go next Wednesday to pick it up and then I will book my flight to Tunis. I can't wait to see him!! We are planning for him to be here the first or second week of May. Our 2 year anniversary is May 11th, so this will be the perfect anniversary gift. Much love to everyone going through "THE WAIT" :p. Its a difficult way to start a marriage, but I like to think that if you can make it through this, you can make it through anything together. Xoxoxo

Mezoo

VIP Member
My husband was approved for his visa!! <3 He will go next Wednesday to pick it up and then I will book my flight to Tunis. I can't wait to see him!! We are planning for him to be here the first or second week of May. Our 2 year anniversary is May 11th, so this will be the perfect anniversary gift. Much love to everyone going through "THE WAIT" :p. Its a difficult way to start a marriage, but I like to think that if you can make it through this, you can make it through anything together. Xoxoxo
Congratulations and I most certainly agree. Out anniversary is 21 May, from 1988. <3

Jane BM

Congratulations to you both. Xx

missmetal

congrats, what awesome news!

Youssef11

Oh thank you! :)
Well Starrysky, First of All Congrats for the visa Approval :D
and i have a question if you don't Mind .. How Long it took NVC and Emabassy To schedule the interview after You got the CC !!!??

starrysky12

Well Starrysky, First of All Congrats for the visa Approval :D
and i have a question if you don't Mind .. How Long it took NVC and Emabassy To schedule the interview after You got the CC !!!??
CC?