International shipping concern

Muhamad

I shipped a package from Canada to Jendouba through the Canadian company Canada Post. Unfortunately (as i'm somewhat to blame), I did not get a tracking number on the package. The expected delivery was 6-10 business days, but three weeks later it has yet to arrive. It was sent Oct. 7 via air, but now both my significant other and myself have concerns as to where it can be. Even though I wrote her name and phone number on the package, theoretically they should call her when it arrives, but i have dealt with Arabs and their incompetence on many occasions. Does anyone have any experience with this, or how long it would usually take to ship from North America.

scotty_bambam

I shipped a package from Canada to Jendouba through the Canadian company Canada Post. Unfortunately (as i'm somewhat to blame), I did not get a tracking number on the package. The expected delivery was 6-10 business days, but three weeks later it has yet to arrive. It was sent Oct. 7 via air, but now both my significant other and myself have concerns as to where it can be. Even though I wrote her name and phone number on the package, theoretically they should call her when it arrives, but i have dealt with Arabs and their incompetence on many occasions. Does anyone have any experience with this, or how long it would usually take to ship from North America.
Yrs I have experience of this and its why I no longer send anything.it never gets there.a letter takes 3 weeks if it arrives.this I'd from UK.I was told tracking useless as only tracked till leaves the country.hence all my packages ' left the country' just never got there.plus I put phone number on too

Muhamad

Yrs I have experience of this and its why I no longer send anything.it never gets there.a letter takes 3 weeks if it arrives.this I'd from UK.I was told tracking useless as only tracked till leaves the country.hence all my packages ' left the country' just never got there.plus I put phone number on too
Did you send through a private company that is entirely in charge of the package, or the local mailing company?

sass

I have sent a package to Tunisia via Royal mail, it left here after a few days, turned up in Tunisia 6 weeks later, this was before the recent activities, probably even worse now. Also sent a letter which never arrived, will never send again

Mezoo

VIP Member
but i have dealt with Arabs and their incompetence on many occasions.
I've been sending packages and letters via multitudes of methods and companies to Tunisia and have never had anything gone missing, over 30 years of sending. my guess it's incompetence of Canadian senders at fault here. just thinking out of the box here.

kalie

Ive been sending letters twice a week for the last 5 weeks, first one took 2 weeks to get there and all others have arrived no problem, via royal mail x

Aslemma

All I can say is Mazoo has been extremely lucky. The funiest story I heard was of a couple who were sent a large box of chocolates from England for their 25th wedding anniversary. After many enquiries it eventually arrived, nicely wrapped but completely empty!!! When they took this up with the Tunisian postal authorities they were told that was how it had been received. :)

Aslemma

Funny to hear about, but the couple concerned were not amused. The Tunisian postal service is very hit and miss. Sometimes things arrive relatively quickly, sometimes they take several weeks, and on far too many occasions they don't arrive at all. It isn't for me to say whether this is inate inefficiency or simply theft, but many of us refuse to use it for anything time-sensitive or of any value.

Muhamad

Well the thing is, I sent my significant other an iPhone, and I didn't do it through FedEx or UPS. So I'm praying to god it's not incredibly late or stolen :bag:

scotty_bambam

Well the thing is, I sent my significant other an iPhone, and I didn't do it through FedEx or UPS. So I'm praying to god it's not incredibly late or stolen :bag:
Maybe it depends on which town.my stuff never arrived at me kef

missmetal

I live in Canada and when ever I sent anything over i sent it with tracking. I sent stuff through Canada post too and it arrived. Mine was just paperwork but i wouldn't even trust that without a tracking number. Dont count on it arriving if you ask me. If it does, you're lucky, but in future always track it. Fedex or UPS might be cheaper than Canada Post.

Muhamad

I live in Canada and when ever I sent anything over i sent it with tracking. I sent stuff through Canada post too and it arrived. Mine was just paperwork but i wouldn't even trust that without a tracking number. Dont count on it arriving if you ask me. If it does, you're lucky, but in future always track it. Fedex or UPS might be cheaper than Canada Post.
Then let's hope i'm really really lucky. Last time I send through Canada Post. I believed a punk behind the register and all this stress and anxiety arose from him.

kalie

Maybe it depends on which town.my stuff never arrived at me kef
My post to le kef gets there no probs, well it must do as one of the post workers wanted to be friends on fb ;) bit spooky that .

mrsmannai

salaam :) well most likely it is stuck at carthage, and if not stolen, there is a fee to ay, especialy on expensive phones, i think u can consider it a lost cause, they r big thiefs in the custom at carthage, unfortunately. i never had any poblems with anything i shipped of to jendouba , so iv been lucky. sent a phine once, and the receiver had tp go tunis, pay tax it was 140 dinar, did get receit, and phone, so i guess i was lucky(this is suppose to be on new items, so a ip can be to break a seal, and turb on the phone, so it looks used ;)