irl

salim

after how long a person may request IRL ? this person was here with an EEA family permit ( tunisian married to spanich woman) ! he got his visa July 2008! thx

salim

pffffffffff no one can help me !!!! ok i seek infromations alone ! thx

KheeKhee

pffffffffff no one can help me !!!! ok i seek infromations alone ! thx
Salim, you are asking about Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom..that is ILR. If your friend wants to know really just phone the UKBA ..United Kingdom Border Agency, they are there to help with any questions for anyone.:)

salim

Salim, you are asking about Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom..that is ILR. If your friend wants to know really just phone the UKBA ..United Kingdom Border Agency, they are there to help with any questions for anyone.:)
thx kheekhee , he will do his business alone , i want to give him a favour coz he heard from me that on our forum t.com he can found answers ! but i think i was wrong !

KheeKhee

thx kheekhee , he will do his business alone , i want to give him a favour coz he heard from me that on our forum t.com he can found answers ! but i think i was wrong !
Maybe Salim someone will read this on the forum and have the same experience, but really he can just contact the UKBA they are there to help:)

salim

Maybe Salim someone will read this on the forum and have the same experience, but really he can just contact the UKBA they are there to help:)
Like i said kheekhee he will take his business alone ! thx

lynn

it was 2 years but I think now is after 5years Salim

KheeKhee

I agree Lynn it was 2 years but now it is 5 years, at least that is my understanding from the UKBA.

salim

hi lynn hope you are fine you and your hubby ! yes this information is vallid if he saw married to Bctz , Aymen was here with EEA family permet , his wife is spanich not visa settlement !

lynn

hi lynn hope you are fine your and your hubby ! yes this information is vallid if he saw married to Bctz , Aymen was here with EEA family permet not visa settlement !
Oh sorry Salim, pity Mel was not about to answer your question..

KheeKhee

hi lynn hope you are fine your and your hubby ! yes this information is vallid if he saw married to Bctz , Aymen was here with EEA family permet not visa settlement !
Salim just tell him to contact the UKBA tomorrow, it is very easy. If you want I will do it for him it is not a problem then we will have the correct answer for him.

salim

Salim just tell him to contact the UKBA tomorrow, it is very easy. If you want I will do it for him it is not a problem then we will have the correct answer for him.
thx kheekhee , i told him to contact them soon !

huttan

Dont think I understand??...if his wife is spanish he has the right to join her in whatever country she moves to that has this connection with EU...so why would he need to think of his own residence card? He would have the right to stay with her anyway...

2008 means the old rules like Lynn says 2 years...its late and Im tired lol...Im trying to remember.

salim

Thx Huttan , Aymen was here in the UK with an EEA family P. He got his visa July 2008 , he was moved to the UK August 2008 ! Aymen and his wife ( she is spanich)want to apply for Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the uk ! His question when he can apply for this !

maynardlynne

if he has been here since 2008, which is 4yrs now. why did he not apply for ILR before now?
it was after 2yrs when you could apply. maybe it will still be the same in his case, as he was already in the UK before the new regulations.

salim

if he has been here since 2008, which is 4yrs now. why did he not apply for ILR before now?
it was after 2yrs when you could apply. maybe it will still be the same in his case, as he was already in the UK before the new regulations.
he can apply after 2 years if he was his with settelment visa means if he was a spouse of Britch citzen ! But the guy in this case was here under European law ( EEA FAMILY PERMIT ) , he was married to spanich woman lived in the Uk since 10 years !

huttan

he can apply after 2 years if he was his with settelment visa means if he was a spouse of Britch citzen ! But the guy in this case was here under European law ( EEA FAMILY PERMIT ) , he was married to spanich woman lived in the Uk since 10 years !
Dont get what you mean...theres no limit...they can stay there because his wife is a EU citizen.Dont know if UK has their own rules about this(because they dont belong to EU but if they have EEA it should be like Norway...the moving rules are the same even not memeber of EU) but for all other countrys I know its just to move wherever you want and live there without any time limit at all.

Jane BM

Salim if your friend is here as the Non EU spouse of an EEA national then he would currently have something like a residence permit or endorsement on his passport to say same....if after being here for 5 years as the partner of the EEA National and their circumstances are the same then he can apply for permanent residence.....there is loads of info on the UKBA website that'll help.

salim

Dont get what you mean...theres no limit...they can stay there because his wife is a EU citizen.Dont know if UK has their own rules about this(because they dont belong to EU but if they have EEA it should be like Norway...the moving rules are the same even not memeber of EU) but for all other countrys I know its just to move wherever you want and live there without any time limit at all.
thanks Huttan:)

huttan

Thx Huttan , Aymen was here in the UK with an EEA family P. He got his visa July 2008 , he was moved to the UK August 2008 ! Aymen and his wife ( she is spanich)want to apply for Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the uk ! His question when he can apply for this !
My question is why would he wont ILR if he can stay anyway?Dont get it?