is he a loverat?

angirl

hi, i am new to this site and i would be happy to get some advice.

i was in tunisia for holiday with my whole family and few friends (there were 8 of us) and we met a guy from animation team. we really liked him because he was very funny and natural, he seemed genuine. he told us this is his first time in animation as a summer job, because he goes back to university in october (he is 20, btw)

all of us hung out often and basically, we became friends. my family liked him to such an extend that they proposed to him that if he ever wants to visit us in our country, we can help him with getting visa, place to stay etc.

i mean during our stay, i thought he liked me and to be honest, i liked him too, he is definitely good looking. and on our last day, he came to me, he said he really likes me and he would like to get to know me better, basically start dating. i told him, it would be hard, as i don't have much money and would not be able to come to him often (I'm 19 and still going to school). we had a long discussion about it and he even told me to ask my mother if she would allow it. my mother said she has no problem with that.

(btw, we even talked about sex. i told him i am a virgin and i made it very clear i am not rushing into having first sex very soon. he also proposed to have an exclusive relationship, meaning i would not date boys at home and he would not date girls in tunisia)

so once we arrived home, we started texting and i really like it. we call when we are free, he even respects me going out with my friends and everything. i did some research on the net and found only the negatives - one's he's in animation and wants to date you, he is a rat, he only wants visa and money... the thing is, he never asked me for anything, he even told me that tunisian men would never accept money from a girl or someone not from their family. he knew he would get visa even without dating, before he told me he liked me. when we talk, he rarely uses the word love, he prefers using the word like. when we talk, he goes somewhere private so no one listens to our conversations.

still, i understand that it is a very different mentality in tunisia and that even though he seems genuine, one should be very careful. so i thought i might try to get some advice from you, what do you think of his behaviour and if it can really happen that a relationship is genuine between a tunisian and european girl...

thanks you for any advice!

lynn

I’d say leave him in Tunisia because most of these give you a dogs life once here sad but true x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
hi, i am new to this site and i would be happy to get some advice.

i was in tunisia for holiday with my whole family and few friends (there were 8 of us) and we met a guy from animation team. we really liked him because he was very funny and natural, he seemed genuine. he told us this is his first time in animation as a summer job, because he goes back to university in october (he is 20, btw)

all of us hung out often and basically, we became friends. my family liked him to such an extend that they proposed to him that if he ever wants to visit us in our country, we can help him with getting visa, place to stay etc.

i mean during our stay, i thought he liked me and to be honest, i liked him too, he is definitely good looking. and on our last day, he came to me, he said he really likes me and he would like to get to know me better, basically start dating. i told him, it would be hard, as i don't have much money and would not be able to come to him often (I'm 19 and still going to school). we had a long discussion about it and he even told me to ask my mother if she would allow it. my mother said she has no problem with that.

(btw, we even talked about sex. i told him i am a virgin and i made it very clear i am not rushing into having first sex very soon. he also proposed to have an exclusive relationship, meaning i would not date boys at home and he would not date girls in tunisia)

so once we arrived home, we started texting and i really like it. we call when we are free, he even respects me going out with my friends and everything. i did some research on the net and found only the negatives - one's he's in animation and wants to date you, he is a rat, he only wants visa and money... the thing is, he never asked me for anything, he even told me that tunisian men would never accept money from a girl or someone not from their family. he knew he would get visa even without dating, before he told me he liked me. when we talk, he rarely uses the word love, he prefers using the word like. when we talk, he goes somewhere private so no one listens to our conversations.

still, i understand that it is a very different mentality in tunisia and that even though he seems genuine, one should be very careful. so i thought i might try to get some advice from you, what do you think of his behaviour and if it can really happen that a relationship is genuine between a tunisian and european girl...

thanks you for any advice!
Do you have loads of money?

If you are like me at 19 you probably dont.

he definitely does not.

You are 19 so dont waste your time its Saturday go out and have fun dont waste your time being faithful and lovely-dovey to some guy miles away.

You mum is just being nice western mum she knows its a phase and understands if she says yes it will all blow over.

I am sure you are lovely and beautiful but if he is good looking as you say I would not place all my bets on you if i where him I would have loads of girlfriends.....thats not because of being a Tunisian good looking lad working in a hotel....I was like that at 20 in the UK also and I am not even good looking!

Basically you have a pen pal by all means have fun with it but do not give up any fun or aspect of your life over this holiday romance.

Nice of them

How are you going to enforce that? How will he know or you know? You can play the field and keep him in reserve......like he probably is!

so once we arrived home, we started texting and i really like it. we call when we are free, he even respects me going out with my friends and everything.

Funny my wife is from Tunisia if i told her she could not go out with her friends she would tell me to get lost.

he knew he would get visa even without dating

? how exactly animators are paid peanuts and would often jump on the first plane out if visa was not an issue.

he never asked me for anything, he even told me that Tunisian men would never accept money from a girl or someone not from their family.

Who needs money when you have a girl who wants to have sex with you possibly. He may actually like you but statistically speaking it unlikely to work given both your situations.

i understand that it is a very different mentality in Tunisia

Sometimes yes sometimes no if I was him why not have a nice girl on the go and have some romance. ButI would have a plan b for the other 50 odd weeks of the year you are not there.

He is only 20 also remove the fact he probably gets horny tourists throwing themselves at him all day.....he is a young lad why have an exclusive internet relationship.

Have fun dont take it seriously...!

Rosewater

Do you have loads of money?

If you are like me at 19 you probably dont.

he definitely does not.

You are 19 so dont waste your time its Saturday go out and have fun dont waste your time being faithful and lovely-dovey to some guy miles away.

You mum is just being nice western mum she knows its a phase and understands if she says yes it will all blow over.

I am sure you are lovely and beautiful but if he is good looking as you say I would not place all my bets on you if i where him I would have loads of girlfriends.....thats not because of being a Tunisian good looking lad working in a hotel....I was like that at 20 in the UK also and I am not even good looking!

Basically you have a pen pal by all means have fun with it but do not give up any fun or aspect of your life over this holiday romance.

Nice of them

How are you going to enforce that? How will he know or you know? You can play the field and keep him in reserve......like he probably is!

so once we arrived home, we started texting and i really like it. we call when we are free, he even respects me going out with my friends and everything.

Funny my wife is from Tunisia if i told her she could not go out with her friends she would tell me to get lost.

he knew he would get visa even without dating

? how exactly animators are paid peanuts and would often jump on the first plane out if visa was not an issue.

he never asked me for anything, he even told me that Tunisian men would never accept money from a girl or someone not from their family.

Who needs money when you have a girl who wants to have sex with you possibly. He may actually like you but statistically speaking it unlikely to work given both your situations.

i understand that it is a very different mentality in Tunisia

Sometimes yes sometimes no if I was him why not have a nice girl on the go and have some romance. ButI would have a plan b for the other 50 odd weeks of the year you are not there.

He is only 20 also remove the fact he probably gets horny tourists throwing themselves at him all day.....he is a young lad why have an exclusive internet relationship.

Have fun dont take it seriously...!
let her give a him a change but with eyes open , dont break between tghem please
and most of tunisian guys dont wanna tunisian girls cuz they are f*king gold diggers , always want a guy with money and a car

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
let her give a him a change but with eyes open , dont break between tghem please
and most of tunisian guys dont wanna tunisian girls cuz they are f*king gold diggers , always want a guy with money and a car
I dont think my opinion will do anything.

Young folks should be having fun and doing what is best for them....wasting time on intercontinental romances... eyes open I agree if its fun its fun.

My wife is and was very beautiful she could leave the house today and find a richer man before the end of the day.

Nobody wants to be poor and especially in Tunisia if the government (like in the UK) did not let rents and houses get to a stupid price couples would not have to be rich to have a basic home.