Its been a long time just wondering if anyone still around

SEANITA

Hello all!!!!! I was a big time user of this forum around 2007-2010. Just wondering if anyone is still around from this era and how things have worked out. I married my Tunisian in February 2008 and we stayed married until 2011 having a daughter between us. From after she was born in 2010 he changed big style and we parted in 2011 though he's still local to us proving to be my nightmare and even though hes allowed new women if he so much as thinks I have someone new he goes bisserk!!!. Just wondering if anyone from my era is around and how did things work out x

Essem

Staff member
Great to hear from you Seanita, many of us still here.xx

SEANITA

thats great. I hope people have had more success than me lol!!!!!!! However I do have a beautiful 4 soon to be 5 year old daughter out of it so not all bad and though hes my nightmare i'd never stop her from knowing him

Essem

Staff member
I think it's probably a 75/25% split with more relationships ending than surviving TBH.

Is your ex causing you problems?

Your daughter is your silver lining Seanita and sent for a purpose. When she's old enough, she'll make up her own mind about him.

Have you managed to move on?

trotter

thats great. I hope people have had more success than me lol!!!!!!! However I do have a beautiful 4 soon to be 5 year old daughter out of it so not all bad and though hes my nightmare i'd never stop her from knowing him
Hi Seanita i was a active user from 2009 until 2011 then hubby came to the UK.
Glad to hear you have a daughter.
Met my husband 2009 married 2010 still okay we have very different ideas sometimes but he is a quite nature and im the loud one and a bit bossy .
I only came back on here last week as i needed some advice and help and as always i got support x;);););):):):):):):):)

SEANITA

hello essem. yes I remember you. my ex has been causing me problems since we split. he's been arrested twice. yes he causes me many problems and doesn't contribute towards his daughter despite having a good job but preferring to spend his money on fast cars.
i'd never stop her knowing him though as she loves him to bits and I would not want him to be able to say to her in later years that I stopped him being a father (if you can call him that). hop you are well

SEANITA

I am glad to hear that trotter. its nice to hear a success story.

Aslemma

It's great that you are big enough not to stand in the way of your daughter's relationship with her father. as so many people use the children as weapons against their ex partners. When she is older she'll realise that it was you who was always there for her, and though she may not turn against her father you will find that you are the one she loves best.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back..

I think most marriages end anyway people change over time even if they are both from the same cultures.

For what its worth 10+ years together now 9 married and Hajer going to become a British Citizen this year possibly

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Seanita nice to see you back. I know exactly how you feel and sorry to say 12 years later..... :eek:

Aslemma

Welcome back.. I think most marriages end anyway people change over time even if they are both from the same cultures.
I think that's a rather sweeping statement Kris, even in this day and age. I don't think it's so much that people change, but that traits which they have always had sometimes become less acceptable to their partners. Only one of my children has seen his marriage break up and that was after nearly 21 years. My daughter has been married nearly 24 years, my eldest son nearly 23 and my youngest son celebrates 8 years in a couple of weeks. I was married for almost 17 years before I threw in the towel and although we don't hear her side of the story I very much doubt Hajer is looking to give you the boot.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I think that's a rather sweeping statement Kris, even in this day and age. I don't think it's so much that people change, but that traits which they have always had sometimes become less acceptable to their partners. Only one of my children has seen his marriage break up and that was after nearly 21 years. My daughter has been married nearly 24 years, my eldest son nearly 23 and my youngest son celebrates 8 years in a couple of weeks. I was married for almost 17 years before I threw in the towel and although we don't hear her side of the story I very much doubt Hajer is looking to give you the boot.
I was wrong not most 42%

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/divorces-in-england-and-wales/2011/sty-what-percentage-of-marriages-end-in-divorce.html

Latest statistics (published December 2012) estimate that 42% of marriages in England and Wales end in divorce. It is also estimated that:

• 34% of marriages are expected to end in divorce by the 20th wedding anniversary.

• An additional 6% of marriages are expected to end by the 20th wedding anniversary because one of the spouses has died.

• Therefore 60% of marriages are expected to survive to the 20th anniversary.

• 16% of marriages reach the 60th wedding anniversary.

• The average marriage is expected to last for 32 years.
Tunisia is about the same.

gem15

Jeez 32 years is a loooooong time, you get less for murder which sometimes seems like an option :p

marhaba

welcome back seanita, im still around now and again too :D

ROULLA

Hello all!!!!! I was a big time user of this forum around 2007-2010. Just wondering if anyone is still around from this era and how things have worked out. I married my Tunisian in February 2008 and we stayed married until 2011 having a daughter between us. From after she was born in 2010 he changed big style and we parted in 2011 though he's still local to us proving to be my nightmare and even though hes allowed new women if he so much as thinks I have someone new he goes bisserk!!!. Just wondering if anyone from my era is around and how did things work out x
Hi Seanita, I was around at that time. Sorry to hear that things didn't turn out. Welcome back to the forum.