Just to be happy

Heatherlou

Hi I'm English my partner is Tunisian we have been together for some time now we plan to marry this year I know what people think its all about coming here to England and stay well its not like that we just want a happy life and honest live together but here in the UK the government ask for so much we are looking for other countries to move to so we can be together but what would I have to do if I move to Tunisia and my partner can still work in his job which is a dangerous job as a power lines man I will give up living here in the UK so we can make a home in Tunisia what are my requirements to do so

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Heatherlou welcome to the forum. What part of Tunisia will you be moving to? Unless you are near tourist areas it’s unlikely you would find work for yourself. We have English members on here that live in Tunisia hopefully will see your post soon.

Heatherlou

Hi Heatherlou welcome to the forum. What part of Tunisia will you be moving to? Unless you are near tourist areas it’s unlikely you would find work for yourself. We have English members on here that live in Tunisia hopefully will see your post soon.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi I'm English my partner is Tunisian we have been together for some time now we plan to marry this year I know what people think its all about coming here to England and stay well its not like that we just want a happy life and honest live together but here in the UK the government ask for so much we are looking for other countries to move to so we can be together but what would I have to do if I move to Tunisia and my partner can still work in his job which is a dangerous job as a power lines man I will give up living here in the UK so we can make a home in Tunisia what are my requirements to do so
You husband can check for you but i think he should be able to have you on a wife visa (tunisian one).

If you want to live together unmarried then

a) that is illegal in Tunisia (am not judging but if you may get an annoying/jealous person report you)

b) there is a fine system if you overstay but its not much so many folk just pay it if they go home once or twice a year.

c) if you want a residence permit I had one years ago and I have to have about 10,000 dinars a year coming in outside of Tunisia and I could not do a job that a Tunisian could do (ie i had to start a company) but for me i had to have more than that anyhow with a wife and 3 kids.

You can call the Tunisian embassy for the latest info as this changes all the time.

Heatherlou

It's n
You husband can check for you but i think he should be able to have you on a wife visa (tunisian one).

If you want to live together unmarried then

a) that is illegal in Tunisia (am not judging but if you may get an annoying/jealous person report you)

b) there is a fine system if you overstay but its not much so many folk just pay it if they go home once or twice a year.

c) if you want a residence permit I had one years ago and I have to have about 10,000 dinars a year coming in outside of Tunisia and I could not do a job that a Tunisian could do (ie i had to start a company) but for me i had to have more than that anyhow with a wife and 3 kids.

You can call the Tunisian embassy for the latest info as this changes all the time.

Heatherlou

Aww thank you we won't live be living together unmarried the advice you are giving is very helpful to me