Leaving tunisia for first time...

Lola2312

Hello :)

My fiancè and me are flying to serbia for a week then onto turkey. Neither need visa for serbia and i have my visa for turkey.
I have heard about the parental consent so my fiance will get his father to sign it before we go but im a bit worried...

We dont have travel insurance atm, mainly because all the ones i find are for uk residents so wont cover my fiancè.
Does anyone know if they demand you have travel insurance to fly or can you fly without?
I thought i read somewhere for turkey u have to have travel insurance? :/

Other question, we fly to serbia then onto turkey. We have no return flight from turkey to tunisia as we may fly on to another country or we may go seperate ways and we dont know how long we will stay.
Do you think this will be questioned/cause a problem?
I want everything to be 100% as im worried about problems at airport.

Sorry for the long post, i hope someone can help :D

Mezoo

VIP Member
been flying international for over 30 years worldwide and never heard of insurance being demanded anywhere. One way tickets may certainly be questioned, especially tunisia via serbia to turkey... that's a "well worn path" lately, for tunisian guys. that could be an issue... good luck.

Lola2312

Ah i really dont want to waste money by booking a flight we probably wont take :(

But i dont want to be in trouble at airport :/

Aslemma

I agree with Mezoo regarding the insurance, but think that one-way tickets will almost certainly be a problem, not necessarily in leaving Serbia but when arriving in Turkey.

Lola2312

Do you think we could tell them our plan and prove we are volunteering in turkey for few months so dont know exactly when leaving and they will accept that

Or book an onward flight on to say georgia and that would be ok?

Lola2312

Please tell me tunisian dont need visa for turkey... everything i checked said they dont but my friend has just said they do

Mezoo

VIP Member
tunisian males going to turkey raises alarm bells currently. you need to understand what's happening in syria and iraq to understand what i'm saying. and "volunteering" is "the" problem.... he won't get out of tunisia with a one way ticket ending in turkey, i'd bet on that.

Aslemma

Have you contacted the Turkish Embassy, either in the UK or in Tunisia? You probably won't have a problem though your fiance might, so it would possibly be best for your fiance to speak to the one out there, as he speaks the language and can be sure of getting the right information rather than things being lost in translation. It would be best if he were to let them know what your plans are at present, however indefinite, He can check on the visa situation at the same time. Once he knows his situation you can also check out yours from this end, just in case it is different, letting them know the same somewhat indefinite plans.

Lola2312

Mezoo i completely understand the situation thats why I'm worried they will question it but equally what if we decided to stay and try live in turkey. We wouldnt need a return flight.

Il just book return flight thats refundable. I think tunisair thalasso flights are refundable?

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Lola I think you need to have more definite plans in place, not only to satisfy Embassies and countries but for your own peace of mind. Is it realistic that you can volunteer in Turkey both of you and then just decide to make it your home? Why not try it for a while have return tickets then decide? As an outsider seems you're rushing this as it's what your partner wants to do.

Lola2312

Its more what I want to do then my partner.
Not rushig anything, we just have no set time to return as our stay is open for as long as we can stay in turkey (90 days)
Im going to book a return anyway

jormana

Hello :)

My fiancè and me are flying to serbia for a week then onto turkey. Neither need visa for serbia and i have my visa for turkey.
I have heard about the parental consent so my fiance will get his father to sign it before we go but im a bit worried...

We dont have travel insurance atm, mainly because all the ones i find are for uk residents so wont cover my fiancè.
Does anyone know if they demand you have travel insurance to fly or can you fly without?
I thought i read somewhere for turkey u have to have travel insurance? :/

Other question, we fly to serbia then onto turkey. We have no return flight from turkey to tunisia as we may fly on to another country or we may go seperate ways and we dont know how long we will stay.
Do you think this will be questioned/cause a problem?
I want everything to be 100% as im worried about problems at airport.

Sorry for the long post, i hope someone can help :D
Be very careful here.l suggest a tunisian national has a return ticket otherwise your gonna have problems. He needs to have a return ticket ,end of story

kalie

Slightly off topic guys, after a bit of clarification on rules for Tunisian men leaving for holiday thats if they can get visa, is there a restriction on age I.e 25 and over, I have been told by a friend that her boyfriend cant leave at the moment due to whats happened and also he would need to travel with his mother ???
Is this true ???? Tia xx

Flower

Hello Lola, I've recently returned from a holiday to Turkey with my Tunisian husband we flew together from Tunis into Istanbul and then flew onto Dalaman. We didn't have any problems at all, you need a visa but he doesn't, they did check our papers whilst going through passport control in Tunis. We took our marriage paper and a letter from his mum to say she knew he was going they just checked this and then let us through.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Kalie, I'm pretty sure someone said on here any male under 35 needs written permission from their parents.

kalie

Thankyou trulymadlydeeply, I wasn't sure, thanks for clearing that up for me xx