Letter from Father - now needing a stamp!!!

bobby g

hmm! all seems a bit one sided if you ask me, thats on the blokes side. I think most young children given the choice would choose Mum, as most cases, mum is the primary carer. Guess that does'nt count for much tho...

Cathibou

Truely
You write out a letter of authorisation and your ex needs to take it to a sloicitor who then witnesses his signature on it. My solicitor here charges a fiver for the honour, takes about 2 minutes and thats all you need. Just put his details, your details and say he gives his permission for them to travel with you, I always put the flight details on as well so there can be no confusion. Not difficult just something you need to do.

Trulymadlydeeply

Will defintely do it next time, just seems a load of bullsh*t :(

ROULLA

Hi Everyone hope that you are in good health!
I am sorry to hear that you had a bit of problem at the airport in Tunisia..I have 2 kids both born here in the UK and only once was i stopped but then they let my son through after they saw me get quite hysterical , i have never taken a letter from my husband and quite frankly do not intend to unless i see that things turn a bit difficult..I really can't understand why they would not let my child out of their country when if i am not mistaken went through so much pain giving birth to MY KIDS HOW DARE THEY....And Claire as for a mobile you can get your mobile unblocked if it is blocked and buy a sim card from Tunisia and then keep that for when you go to Tunisia, it's much cheaper..And yes its not what you know it's who you know..I bet i get stopped next time i go to Tunisia, so keep your eyes open when you see a picture of a british women with her hands flying everywhere refusing to let he child stay without her in Tunisia, as you will know thats me..Lol:eek:

Tunisianbelle

But its ok if the Tunisian father wants to keep the children there!!!!??? If the mother was trying to leave without his permission I would say 99% of the time it would be for a good reason :mad: :mad:
Other countries do all they can to protect against child kidnappings by parents (especially of different nationalities) as well. I know that when I leave the US, they also ask me for a permission letter from my husband. So the letter of permission is becoming more relevant.

The rules of each country is basically to try to keep the kids in THAT country as they are considered nationals of that country and therefore afforded protection from that country.

Tunisianbelle

They do in america I believe
They are starting to do it for everyone in America who travels by themselves with a minor (whether they are American or foreign). It still is not uniform (some agents ask for it, some don't, some airports are stricter than others, etc), but it is becoming more prevalent.

Tunisianbelle

So just wondering, what rights do mothers of Tunisian children have, if they are not Tunisian themselves?:confused:
Depends on where the mother lives, what comes out of the divorce/separation, and what the parents agree to.

Tunisianbelle

hmm! all seems a bit one sided if you ask me, thats on the blokes side. I think most young children given the choice would choose Mum, as most cases, mum is the primary carer. Guess that does'nt count for much tho...
The laws actually do favor the mother, but there are restrictions (has been covered in another thread). Basically it is all going to come down to how civil you and your partner can be with each other should a divorce/separation happen.

Tunisianbelle

Hi Everyone hope that you are in good health!
I am sorry to hear that you had a bit of problem at the airport in Tunisia..I have 2 kids both born here in the UK and only once was i stopped but then they let my son through after they saw me get quite hysterical , i have never taken a letter from my husband and quite frankly do not intend to unless i see that things turn a bit difficult..I really can't understand why they would not let my child out of their country when if i am not mistaken went through so much pain giving birth to MY KIDS HOW DARE THEY....And Claire as for a mobile you can get your mobile unblocked if it is blocked and buy a sim card from Tunisia and then keep that for when you go to Tunisia, it's much cheaper..And yes its not what you know it's who you know..I bet i get stopped next time i go to Tunisia, so keep your eyes open when you see a picture of a british women with her hands flying everywhere refusing to let he child stay without her in Tunisia, as you will know thats me..Lol:eek:
This is from the US Travel site, but the laws are dealing with mixed children of half-Tunisian parentage. I'm sure you can find something similar in a UK site if you look.

http://travel.state.gov/family/abduction/country/country_531.html

beenthere

hey ladiies, wondering if it is the same is the father has duel nationality? thanks
oh and when i went threw with my son, i told the guy my husband waiting for us in the USA! i always make my sil wait at gate just in case though.(forgot letter altogether)

Tunisianbelle

hey ladiies, wondering if it is the same is the father has duel nationality? thanks
oh and when i went threw with my son, i told the guy my husband waiting for us in the USA! i always make my sil wait at gate just in case though.(forgot letter altogether)
Yes, even if the father has dual nationality, the same rules apply. Any person with dual nationality (in this case Tunisia) is considered a national of Tunisia while in the country or when issues pertain to Tunisian law.

Trulymadlydeeply

Other countries do all they can to protect against child kidnappings by parents (especially of different nationalities) as well. I know that when I leave the US, they also ask me for a permission letter from my husband. So the letter of permission is becoming more relevant.

The rules of each country is basically to try to keep the kids in THAT country as they are considered nationals of that country and therefore afforded protection from that country.
My son is British was born in England and holds a British passport, he is not a Tunisian National!! He has never been to Tunisia for more than 2 weeks at a time he doesnt speak the language, has been educated here in the Uk how does that make it right for him to be told he has to stay in Tunisia, his so called father doesnt even live their!!!!:mad::mad: :mad:

benali123

Hi everyone, I have left via Tunis & Monastir and have never been asked for a stamped letter before?????

TrulyMadlyDeeply, Thank you. My daughter is real good thanks. She is due to start school on Monday. She has a 45 minute minibus ride to get there and then back again. Her school has been excellent and they have a good medical room where she can go lay down if she feels she needs to. Also she is visually impaired and the VI Unit at school has sofas n stuff, so she can go there too if she feels she needs to relax or wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of school life. I have tried to download some photos of her but struggled. Will keep trying!!!

The boys have been talking only arabic since they got home. I have not understood a lot of what the eldest has been trying to say to me. But they are getting their english language back, slowly but surely. Bless em!!!

Hi beenthere. My husband does have dual nationality too, as do my kids! The same rule applies for any tunisian child being taken out of their country!

benali123

Hi everyone. Still struggling to load on the Gallery! Thought I would try to load photos this way!!!! I hope it works. The pictures explain all.......

THE DAY OF SURGERY

XRAYS: AFTER & BEFORE

6 WEEKS POST OP

Sorry if this doesnt work - just thought i would try!!!!

benali123

Yeah, it worked.... Sorry moderators..... Is this ok? Please let me know if not!!! Much regards, Claire xx

aynbunni

Impressive

Mabruk, what a beautiful transformation, continued success "Hugs":)

Tunisianbelle

My son is British was born in England and holds a British passport, he is not a Tunisian National!! He has never been to Tunisia for more than 2 weeks at a time he doesnt speak the language, has been educated here in the Uk how does that make it right for him to be told he has to stay in Tunisia, his so called father doesnt even live their!!!!:mad::mad: :mad:
Tunisian law considers your son a Tunisian, regardless of where he was born or where his father is living since his father IS Tunisian. It doesn't matter if you or I or anyone else thinks the law is unfair, or stupid, or whatever. It IS the law - like it or hate it.

Tunisianbelle

benali - Insha'allah lebes! I am glad that your daughter has gotten the medical attention she needs and that this will, insha'allah, help her. The results so far look wonderful, mash'allah.