Letter from Father - now needing a stamp!!!

huttan

Yes that could be a possiblity. He can back in September and he seemed different. Usually he cannot wait to get back to the states. He denys having anyone in Tunisia and he has always been open about dating other woman once we got separated. So I don't know why he would keep it a secret however in the time we have been separated he was not in a rush to get divorced in fact there was a time that he wanted to reconcile. However this time around he was ready to get the divorce as soon as he step foot in the states. What ever the reason may be I am not going to Tunisia nor is my daughter. Thank you for all of the imput. I very much appreciate it.
Your welcome...;)

Might be that he been open to you about this before (?) but maybe he knows you would get a bit suspicious if he had a woman in Tunisia and wanted you to bring your daughter there...that he was up to something(?) Well its just a guessing but like you said...you havnt been able to trust him before.

Your always welcome and hang around with us on here Enith for a chat...there have been situations like this before so your not the only one going thru this like Jane says. Here you will always find support when you need it. Hope you stay around.;)

Enith Maldonado

Your welcome...;)

Might be that he been open to you about this before (?) but maybe he knows you would get a bit suspicious if he had a woman in Tunisia and wanted you to bring your daughter there...that he was up to something(?) Well its just a guessing but like you said...you havnt been able to trust him before.

Your always welcome and hang around with us on here Enith for a chat...there have been situations like this before so your not the only one going thru this like Jane says. Here you will always find support when you need it. Hope you stay around.;)
I will be hanging around. The information has been eye opening and gave me the push to dig deeper. I can now take precautions and know not to visit Tunisia no matter how much he insist. I also was given the name of a person here in the states who can guide me as to what I need to stipulate in my custody agreement. Thank You again!

Enith Maldonado

Enith if you have Facebook take a look at a page called "Return US Home" this is the real life story that I mentioned on the other thread.
Thank you so much for the information. I was able to go on the Facebook page and I was shocked to say the least. I was able to make contact and was given the name of a person who works specifically with Tunisian cases here on America. They will be able to guide me and assist me in preparing a very specific and strict custody agreement. Of course this does not give me 100% guarantee as the Tunisian embassy has no regard for the agreements made between parents in other countries. It is time that our government steps in and does something to prevent these abductions.

Enith Maldonado

They do in america I believe
Yes in America both parents must be present to apply for a passport for a minor under the age of 16. There are many documents that are required and if you apply without you spouse you must have a specific document that is notarized. Fathers need permission from the mother when leaving the States, however there is always ways around.

Enith Maldonado

Other countries do all they can to protect against child kidnappings by parents (especially of different nationalities) as well. I know that when I leave the US, they also ask me for a permission letter from my husband. So the letter of permission is becoming more relevant.

The rules of each country is basically to try to keep the kids in THAT country as they are considered nationals of that country and therefore afforded protection from that country.
That is true, however when the child has an American passport,was born in the USA and is traveling with her American mother because we are visiting my Tunisian in-laws she should not be detained. Also in the states the rule applies for both fathers and mothers. It seems that in Tunisian it only applies to foreign women. That is why my daughter has not met her fathers side of the family and when her father returns to live there he will have to come to the states to see her and I can ensure you that I will not leave their sides. Also whats up with fathers being able to obtain Tunisian passports for their American children behind their moms back at the Tunisian embassy and the abduct them?Where is the protection there, seems very one sided to me.

Enith Maldonado

No matter what we think or feel about their laws, what is, is and we have to accept it. We must follow protocol or deal with the consequences.
Or just don't visit!

Jane BM

That is true, however when the child has an American passport,was born in the USA and is traveling with her American mother because we are visiting my Tunisian in-laws she should not be detained. Also in the states the rule applies for both fathers and mothers. It seems that in Tunisian it only applies to foreign women. That is why my daughter has not met her fathers side of the family and when her father returns to live there he will have to come to the states to see her and I can ensure you that I will not leave their sides. Also whats up with fathers being able to obtain Tunisian passports for their American children behind their moms back at the Tunisian embassy and the abduct them?Where is the protection there, seems very one sided to me.
It IS very one sided unfortunately....

athava

thanks for sharing

Trulymadlydeeply

Quick update..

I left Tunisia this evening took forever to get to the front if the queue at immigration in Tunis Carthage, normally slow but Ramadan has made them almost standstill!!! Our flight was at 13.50, we were still queuing at 13.15!!! She took my passport yawned a bit reached for a tissue to wipe her eyes, turned round to speak to a colleague THEN decided to actually do her job!! :mad: Stamped mine and gave it back, took my sons and said where is your father? Explained he is not flying with us and produced the authorisation letter. I looked at her all smug and handed it to her. She took her time reading it like it was written in Chinese. She then grinned and said one minute please. Waved us to the side and started checking the next person. Phoned his Dad who said I will speak to her, she didn't want to know... Don't know who was getting more annoyed me or my son. I paced around asking her what's wrong, she then decided to call someone. He looked at both passports then the letter, started talking in Arabic to us. By now I wanted to punch someone, I said sorry only English.. He continued to speak in Arabic so my son phoned his dad again, this time he put the phone in the mans hand. They had a conversation, sounded like a row but that's how they roll eh... Anyway he was looking at the stamp on the letter that was last year sometime and he was saying no good. I pointed just underneath to show him it was valid for 2 years until July 2015. He mumbled and gave it back to the woman, she stamped the passport and said enjoy your flight. I asked her for the letter back and she said it is for me, no! By now it was almost departure time and we just wanted to go. Seems even when you have the correct paperwork they want to be awkward! :mad::eek:

Only plus point I was sitting next to a guy half Tunisian and he said they only stop you up until you are 18, I thought it was 21 :D

ROULLA

Quick update..

I left Tunisia this evening took forever to get to the front if the queue at immigration in Tunis Carthage, normally slow but Ramadan has made them almost standstill!!! Our flight was at 13.50, we were still queuing at 13.15!!! She took my passport yawned a bit reached for a tissue to wipe her eyes, turned round to speak to a colleague THEN decided to actually do her job!! :mad: Stamped mine and gave it back, took my sons and said where is your father? Explained he is not flying with us and produced the authorisation letter. I looked at her all smug and handed it to her. She took her time reading it like it was written in Chinese. She then grinned and said one minute please. Waved us to the side and started checking the next person. Phoned his Dad who said I will speak to her, she didn't want to know... Don't know who was getting more annoyed me or my son. I paced around asking her what's wrong, she then decided to call someone. He looked at both passports then the letter, started talking in Arabic to us. By now I wanted to punch someone, I said sorry only English.. He continued to speak in Arabic so my son phoned his dad again, this time he put the phone in the mans hand. They had a conversation, sounded like a row but that's how they roll eh... Anyway he was looking at the stamp on the letter that was last year sometime and he was saying no good. I pointed just underneath to show him it was valid for 2 years until July 2015. He mumbled and gave it back to the woman, she stamped the passport and said enjoy your flight. I asked her for the letter back and she said it is for me, no! By now it was almost departure time and we just wanted to go. Seems even when you have the correct paperwork they want to be awkward! :mad::eek:

Only plus point I was sitting next to a guy half Tunisian and he said they only stop you up until you are 18, I thought it was 21 :D
Wow Truly mou, just imagining seeing you on you tube punching this lady:D, you know that they are slow at the best of times and like you said it's Ramadan and she must have been half asleep as she was fasting. However, they should try and do their job properly and check the letter thoroughly before calling anyone, I don't understand why she kept the letter.
Knowing me I would have stood there and waited for the letter. I would have told her that I need it as I am going back next week. I'm sure that she will put that in the bin as its no use to her:(

Trulymadlydeeply

Ha ha would have been worth watching. She was so ignorant roulla I didn't have the time to stand and have it out with her!!! I believe she was just being awkward and I will be contacting Tunisair and the Tunisian Embassy. What that mans name at the Embassy roulla mou I've forgotten, you know the one I mean? X

gem15

I know its a terrible thing to say but I tend to steer well clear of the woman when going thru. They like to make things more difficult than the men and I get questioned a lot more from them.

Trulymadlydeeply

Just spoke to his Dad and they were saying to him in Arabic are you sure she isn't kidnapping your son!!! Can you come here and prove to us she can go with him. He said that's what the letter is for that is all you need, let them go!!! He said no I can't are you 100% sure she can take him! I'm doing you a favour by not letting her go. Oh I cannot wait to write my letter of complaint!!!

ROULLA

Ha ha would have been worth watching. She was so ignorant roulla I didn't have the time to stand and have it out with her!!! I believe she was just being awkward and I will be contacting Tunisair and the Tunisian Embassy. What that mans name at the Embassy roulla mou I've forgotten, you know the one I mean? X
You mean Fethi, well one he is not there anymore and when he was there he done squat ----.
I think that you should contact the Director of Tunis Air, I will give you a few numbers. There is also a lovely young girl who works there. I will post you the details on pm x x

ROULLA

I know its a terrible thing to say but I tend to steer well clear of the woman when going thru. They like to make things more difficult than the men and I get questioned a lot more from them.
Hi Gem, hope that you and your family are all well! If we go to the check out and I see a women, the first things that I do is compliment her;) I say it in a slow motion kind of way....
Something in the lines of
Masallah and then carry on saying " Yoooooooooooooooou have beeeeeeeeeeeeautiful eyes" in Arabic,,,,,,,, It works:D

ROULLA

Just spoke to his Dad and they were saying to him in Arabic are you sure she isn't kidnapping your son!!! Can you come here and prove to us she can go with him. He said that's what the letter is for that is all you need, let them go!!! He said no I can't are you 100% sure she can take him! I'm doing you a favour by not letting her go. Oh I cannot wait to write my letter of complaint!!!
You know what they are like Truly mou, they over exaggerate anyway... Was your son's dad far from the airport ? Surprised that they did not make a big fuss.

Trulymadlydeeply

No he wasn't he had just gone to pick up his car. I could hear him shouting at the man on the phone :( He said if he isn't flying with us next time he will come to the control desk. Think she must have been missing something as its Ramadan ;)

ROULLA

Hi Gem, hope that you and your family are all well! If we go to the check out and I see a women, the first things that I do is compliment her;) I say it in a slow motion kind of way....
Something in the lines of
Masallah and then carry on saying " Yoooooooooooooooou have beeeeeeeeeeeeautiful eyes" in Arabic,,,,,,,, It works:D
I remember last time, just as we was approaching the desk this women with a very serious face was starring at us,,,,, I said to my husband to just listen and not say a word,,,,Well we did have everything apart from eggs and olive oil:p if our suitcases could talk they would have told us that they could not breath, they were so packed.... Anyway just as we were walking up to her I said " Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu have amazing eyebrows, they are peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerfect you must give me the number of the women that does them for you,,Masallah, masallah,, she soon smiled and gave me the number,,,, a few minutes later she was about to tell us that our luggage was overweight, I told her that she looks beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful in her uniform and that it was tailor made just for her:p she told my husband what a lovely wife he has and before he could say anything I trod on his foot,,,,The only thing that you could hear was Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:p:D I smiled and looked at her and said " Men , they are the biggest babies":eek:

Trulymadlydeeply

My post below was taken from the Facebook page Return US Home I have been following Edeanna's story since her husband kidnapped her children in America on a visit in the USA and escaped with them to Tunisia. Even though a court in Tunisia upheld her custody order they did not enforce it. This has been going on for so long but unfortunately even though she has her daughter back she has had to leave her son there.

Return US Home
26 August ·
Good morning all,
I write you today with some wonderful news: Zainab and I have returned home to the U.S.!
Although we are very thankful and feeling the blessing of being home, not a moment passes that we don't feel the absence of Eslam. The children's father has continued to prevent any of us from communicating with Eslam, and the Tunisian government has failed to enforce his right of familyhood with Zainab and I. It became necessary for Zainab and I to return at this time due to impeding threats to us. So, we celebrate our victory, but the work is not complete. Please pray for Eslam and his return home soon!
Many of you may wish to contact us, and I'm sure there will be tons of questions. More details will be provided as the days go by. For now, we are taking some needed time to recuperate from the journey home to U.S. soil!

~Edeanna