Luggage allowance

Njt11

honestly, I shouldn't be let out alone...can anyone confirm luggage allowance for Tunisair?? 23kgs for hold and 8kgs for hand luggage??does this sound right??

Jane BM

honestly, I shouldn't be let out alone...can anyone confirm luggage allowance for Tunisair?? 23kgs for hold and 8kgs for hand luggage??does this sound right??
Yep.....lol

Njt11

Thanks very much!!! I'm useless sometimes... @Jane BM

jormana

jormana

10 kilos for hand luggage they said at Gatwick plus they weigh the bag there...33 kilos for hold baggage..one bag only

sass

10 kilos for hand luggage they said at Gatwick plus they weigh the bag there...33 kilos for hold baggage..one bag only
I've never had my cabin bag weighed at Gatwick or Heathrow with Tunisair, hold baggage allowance is 23 kg.

gem15

I've never had my cabin bag weighed at Gatwick or Heathrow with Tunisair, hold baggage allowance is 23 kg.
It's more than 23 kilos if your a fidlyes card holder.

jormana

It's more than 23 kilos if your a fidlyes card holder.
Not the standard fidelys card , you have to have the silver or gold to qualify for more than 23 kilos

scotty_bambam

Well anyway,I find tunisair very generous. I've never once been charged excess baggage and I'm always well over.they even let me check in 4 dog travel cages for free.I can't say a bad word about them.

ROULLA

Once your first flight is credited in your account, you will receive your Fidelys Classic card which enables you to benefit from the Fidelys Program’s advantages.
See summary table showing advantages by status level

The Fidelys Classic Card (1st level granted Card) offers you :The possibility of consuming your Miles as soon as your first flight is credited in your account;A baggage allowance of a piece of 32 kg instead of the piece weight allocated on your ticket Find out more (Fidelys advantages related to additional baggage allowance)Third priority on the waiting list at the airport;Priority baggage delivery, if you attach your Fidelys Luggage Tag;The ability to purchase an Award Ticket by converting Miles. This operation depends on seat availability and must be made no less than seven (07) days prior to the scheduled departure.

The Fidelys Silver Card (2nd level granted Card) offers you :
Check-in at Tunisair Business class counters in Tunisia as well as abroad which makes you feel at ease and save time;An additional baggage allowance of a piece of 23 kgFind out more (Fidelys advantages related to additional baggage allowance)Second priority on the waiting list at the airport;An invitation to the Business Class Lounge « Salon Privilège » at Tunis-Carthage airport, assuring you comfort in a very refined setting;Priority baggage delivery, if you attach your Fidelys Luggage Tag;A 25% extra Award Miles in addition to the Qualifying Miles earned thanks to the recording of your flights;Privilege to maintain the Silver Status for a second year with a balance of « Status Miles » or « Qualifying flights » (OW) reduced in comparison to the first year’s upgrading conditions;The ability to purchase an Award Ticket by converting Miles. This operation depends on seat availability and must be made no less than three (03) days prior to the scheduled departure.

The Fidelys Gold Card ( 3rd level granted Card) offers you :
Check-in at Tunisair Business class counters in Tunisia as well as abroad which makes you feel at ease and save time;An additional baggage allowance of a piece of 32 kgFind out more (Fidelys advantages related to additional baggage allowance)First priority on the waiting list at the airport;A free invitation, for you and any travelling companion of your choice, to the Business Class Lounges in all Tunisia and abroad airports that are served by Tunisair;An offer of a “Fast Truck" access card for a quick passage to police control at Tunis-Carthage airport. The access card is provided at registration.Priority baggage delivery, if you attach your Fidelys Luggage Tag;A 50% extra Award Miles apart from the Qualifying Miles earned thanks to the recording of your flights;The privilege to maintain the Gold Status for second year with a balance of « Qualifying / Status Miles » or « Qualifying / Status flights » (OW), reduced in comparison to the first year’s upgrading conditions;The ability to purchase an Award Ticket at any time by converting Miles. This operation depends on seat availability.

Fidelys Youth
Young frequent flyers aged between 02 and 24 years old are entitled to Classic, Silver and Gold Cards with the same advantages given to the adults but even with more flexible upgrading levels :

Within a 12 months period of time, and from the moment you accumulate 15 000 Status Miles or 24 Qualifying flights (OW), you may qualify for the Fidelys Silver status.
As soon as you accumulate 30 000 Status Miles or 30 Qualifying flights (OW), you may qualify for the Fidelys Gold status.

Fidelys Family
Family composed of no less than three Fidelys members travelling altogether on the same Tunisair regular flight will receive a 25% extra Award Miles per leg, calculated on the basis of the distance travelled as well as on the class of reservation.
The bonus would apply systematically to each Fidelys member in his/her individual Fidelys account.

To sollicit a “Fidelys Family” grouping, just apply directly by sending an e-mail to the following address : [email protected].

With Fidelys, Discover the pleasure of accumulating Miles
The Mile is the universal unit of measurement for aviation distances. It equals to 1609 meters and is, by extension, the unit used by almost all air companies’ loyalty programs.

Miles are neither convertible into cash money, nor can be sold .Tunisair reserves the right to legally prosecute any member’s fraudulent manipulation of his/her Miles’ account.
There are 2 types of Miles within the Fidelys loyalty program :

The Award Miles :
Fidelys offers you Award Miles only on regular flights operated by TUNISAIR or on code-share flights undertaken on the quota of TUNISAIR.

jormana

Wow Roulla ...(the ogar really?) all that info is brill. Comng back to excess baggage though Tunis Air have now changed their policies. Having travelled many many times over past 30 years and ALWAYS having excess it would now seem that they are sticking to a non tolerance approach. Maybe youll get thru on a bag at 25 kilos but an extra bag , not any more. There will be a charge for this.

jormana

I meant Ogre Roulla, sorry about spelling!

Njt11

Hoping someone will be able to help...due to go to Tunisia in Frbruary again. I'm sure I read a post which stated that Tunisian Authorities had waivered the minimum 6 month passport validity?? Can anyone confirm??

kalie

Hoping someone will be able to help...due to go to Tunisia in Frbruary again. I'm sure I read a post which stated that Tunisian Authorities had waivered the minimum 6 month passport validity?? Can anyone confirm??
Not heard that, but the state of emergency has been extended to end February, so take care xx

Njt11

Njt11

I need to take 2 suitcases with me this time, does anyone know if I can book an extra bag on the (very confusing) website, which seems to turn to German as soon as I go onto a different screen, or do I just turn up and pay at check in?? Thanks as usual!!

Selmi

Hi I take it you have booked with Lufthansa,any additional baggage up to 23kg is 75 Eur, or 24.32kg is 225 Eur I would try and call them if you cannot book the extra baggage as they may charge extra at the airport!

Trulymadlydeeply

Tunisair website always does that!! So annoying :-( There is a little box on the right of the screen just click EN turns it back to English!

Njt11

You guessed right @Trulymadlydeeply i am flying with Tunisair, will try (again) to ring them!?thanks both X