Male circumcision

maynardlynne

That's fine we are all entitled to an opinion.If you had a son would he be circumcised?
yes, i do have a son, but not circumcised, why should he be????

maynardlynne

But if he was showering after sports and he was seen by other boys - this would cause him problems. They are seen as not being clean.[/quote
come on!!!! this sounds like fashion now.......just bc he doesnt have a foreskin, then i want the same:rolleyes:

ROULLA

I did say that we all have our own opinions and if you and your husband are happy with your son not being circumcised then that is your choice and I don't think that anyone said otherwise.

crazypink

It has nothing to do with fashion! But everything to do with religion and what the Koran teaches.

crazypink

I did say that we all have our own opinions and if you and your husband are happy with your son not being circumcised then that is your choice and I don't think that anyone said otherwise.
I think the son is not from the marriage with the muslim man Roulla - so has nothing to do with this discussion. I too have two sons from my first mariage who are not muslim.

ROULLA

I think the son is not from the marriage with the muslim man Roulla - so has nothing to do with this discussion. I too have two sons from my first mariage who are not muslim.
Hi Crazypink hope that you ad your family are all well! Well that obviously does make a difference then;)I must admit I am pleased that my son had it done now but looking back me and my husband was in bits as our son was frightened at the time but it made things better for him as my nephew had it done at the same time as him and my sisters partner is not Muslim they just wanted to have it done for cleanliness. They came out ok actually and they started playing their DS at the time it was not until after that I was upset as the doctor that did it placed the bandage to tight plus we did not know that he was allergic to plaster at the time so he did end up in hospital which was not very pleasant, my husband went around to the doctors but that is another story.

crazypink

Hi Crazypink hope that you ad your family are all well! Well that obviously does make a difference then;)I must admit I am pleased that my son had it done now but looking back me and my husband was in bits as our son was frightened at the time but it made things better for him as my nephew had it done at the same time as him and my sisters partner is not Muslim they just wanted to have it done for cleanliness. They came out ok actually and they started playing their DS at the time it was not until after that I was upset as the doctor that did it placed the bandage to tight plus we did not know that he was allergic to plaster at the time so he did end up in hospital which was not very pleasant, my husband went around to the doctors but that is another story.
Hey Roulla, Hamdoullah we are well thank you. Inshallah you and your family are all well :)

It sounds like it was a very eventful time! And such a shame he had a reaction to the plaster. A common allergy i understand.

I think all parents worry for their children and it would be crazy to say they dont care because they have this done. We follow what our religion says and do the very best by our children - be they boys or girls :) Its a really small operation and can now be done at a clinique with a lazor. My nephew will go next week to do this.

ROULLA

Hey Roulla, Hamdoullah we are well thank you. Inshallah you and your family are all well :)

It sounds like it was a very eventful time! And such a shame he had a reaction to the plaster. A common allergy i understand.

I think all parents worry for their children and it would be crazy to say they dont care because they have this done. We follow what our religion says and do the very best by our children - be they boys or girls :) Its a really small operation and can now be done at a clinique with a lazor. My nephew will go next week to do this.
We are all fine thank you! Yes I also wished that it was done with laser and I cannot turn the clock back. :)Funny or weird thing is that I now know never ever to use plasters on him which can at times be a pain when he goes to school with those finger things that actually look like sorry CONDOMS:eek:

huttan

Is it really anasthesia for the small ones?...think someone before said that under some age they wont get any when they are small babys?

"A" hade it a the age of 5 and thought that was nothing...didnt feel a thing after anastatich...so maybe its all about HOW its done...

When discussing the subject with "A"...it seems very clear for me that they really think not doing it is like being unclean...in the same way it would mean not to wash and change underwear...

crazypink

We are all fine thank you! Yes I also wished that it was done with laser and I cannot turn the clock back. :)Funny or weird thing is that I now know never ever to use plasters on him which can at times be a pain when he goes to school with those finger things that actually look like sorry CONDOMS:eek:
It must be so hard to cover a wound without plasters! Bless. At least now he is aware of the allergy.

I have an allergy to chrome/nickel (backing metals to cheap jewellery and metal buttons etc) so can only wear real gold and silver. Anything else and my skin reacts! Buttons on jeans are a pain and have to be covered.

crazypink

Is it really anasthesia for the small ones?...think someone before said that under some age they wont get any when they are small babys?

"A" hade it a the age of 5 and thought that was nothing...didnt feel a thing after anastatich...so maybe its all about HOW its done...

When discussing the subject with "A"...it seems very clear for me that they really think not doing it is like being unclean...in the same way it would mean not to wash and change underwear...
I think they can be given something to relax them, if they cant have anasthesia. My husband was given some medicine to relax. I think my hubby was around the same age and said its really no big deal lol.

Nainai

I'm assuming your son is not Muslim??? Then besides medically there would be no reason for him to be so I don't see the relevance to your post sorry :confused: We are discussing boys born Muslim to Muslim parents (or one muslim parent).

lynn

well that's a load of bull not clean.... you could say that about a lot of things, I think it should only be done if it is for medical reasons...cleanliness is all about having a good wash both my sons are extremely clean and are both intact.

ROULLA

It must be so hard to cover a wound without plasters! Bless. At least now he is aware of the allergy.

I have an allergy to chrome/nickel (backing metals to cheap jewellery and metal buttons etc) so can only wear real gold and silver. Anything else and my skin reacts! Buttons on jeans are a pain and have to be covered.
I also love all the bracelets that you see in Tunisia and I do buy them but for the life of me don't know why as I will wear it for a few hours and get blisters all over my wrist.:)

huttan

I think they can be given something to relax them, if they cant have anasthesia. My husband was given some medicine to relax. I think my hubby was around the same age and said its really no big deal lol.
The videos on you tube with the small babys are really scary...they really loo full awake to me like they scream....

crazypink

I also love all the bracelets that you see in Tunisia and I do buy them but for the life of me don't know why as I will wear it for a few hours and get blisters all over my wrist.:)
Sounds like you have the same allergy!! I wore a beautiful necklace when we married (my SIL hired it for me to wear) only wore it for a few hours - the next day I had a perfect imprint in blisters all round my neck :eek: spent a week in pain having to apply two different types of cream to ease the pain!

crazypink

well that's a load of bull not clean.... you could say that about a lot of things, I think it should only be done if it is for medical reasons...cleanliness is all about having a good wash both my sons are extremely clean and are both intact.
It is only done in the UK for medical reason - but you can easily take your child to Tunisia and get it done.

As your sons are not muslim - why would they be done?!

I dont see the relivance of your post.

crazypink

The videos on you tube with the small babys are really scary...they really loo full awake to me like they scream....
Depends where they are done and by who. Some dont give their children anything before - for me I would take any child we had done to the clinique and have then done there.

Nainai

As dicussed with my husband if inshallah we had a son there is no doubt in our minds he would be circumcised and this would be perfromed in Tunisia. To be honest this wasn't something we needed to discuss at length as I always had in my mind this for any son I was blessed with mainly for the cleanliness, so along with that it will also be for his religion.

lynn

I wouldn't do it Muslim or not in my eyes is mutilation and if I ever had any boys it would be a no no unless it had to be done.