Male circumcision

NetNiet

LOL I was thinking if they did find in the world a vaccination which:
1. decreases human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) acquisition in men by 51% to 60%,
2. reduces the risk of acquiring genital herpes by 28% to 34%
3. reduces the risk of developing genital ulceration by 47%

Than I think it would be immidiatly made and available in the whole world and the persons who did develop this vaccination would be very very rich!

Source for the results: http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/306/13/1479.full?sid=2e12575f-8365-484c-a742-d718b2a3ca95

Jasmine

LOL I was thinking if they did find in the world a vaccination which:
1. decreases human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) acquisition in men by 51% to 60%,
2. reduces the risk of acquiring genital herpes by 28% to 34%
3. reduces the risk of developing genital ulceration by 47%

Than I think it would be immidiatly made and available in the whole world and the persons who did develop this vaccination would be very very rich!

Source for the results: http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/306/13/1479.full?sid=2e12575f-8365-484c-a742-d718b2a3ca95
Having PROTECTED sex would decrease the risk i would have thought :D

huttan

Having PROTECTED sex would decrease the risk i would have thought :D
One important thing....CONDOMS DO NOT FULLY PROTECT AGAINST HPV VIRUS - because it also transferes skin to skin...so its enough to just touch!

Freya

OK I did some research at the internet at medical studies about this.

I was thinking if HPV is the most common reason for cervical cancer, what is the relation from HPV to a circumcisioned man.
In several studies they came to the same conclusion.
So besides the fact that how many partners you.ve sleeping with are more risc to get the HPV virus, what they find out and I thought this was really interesting:
Men who are circumcisioned have 3 times more chance to get rid off the HPV virus than men who are not circumcisioned.

This is the result from one off the studies I looked at:

Source: http://www.aidsmap.com/Circumcised-HIV-negative-men-more-likely-to-clear-HPV-infection/page/1433282/

So does this say that a circumcised man who has had treatment to get rid of the HPV infection CANNOT be re-infected if he has sex with another person infected with HPV ?

NetNiet

So does this say that a circumcised man who has had treatment to get rid of the HPV infection CANNOT be re-infected if he has sex with another person infected with HPV ?
LOL your English is much better than mine especially with such a difficult English for me!;)
So if you read that in that link, than it is, if you don't it isn't;)

C

Cas

NetNiet there is in use now a vaccination that all school age girls are given in the UK against hpv.

huttan

NetNiet there is in use now a vaccination that all school age girls are given in the UK against hpv.
Thats just against two different types I think...and there are more...and still not full protection.

C

Cas

We could go on for ever ..........the one good thing is Nuns are not known to develop Cervical Cancer.

huttan

We could go on for ever ..........the one good thing is Nuns are not known to develop Cervical Cancer.
Well maybe that worked when I did put my black skirt on my head then ;):D:p

Freya

Yeah but nuns have higher risk of breast cancer as they've never been pregnant and never breastfed !

C

Cas

Life is just not fair is it?

caveatemptor

Yes but they pray more than most of us.

maynardlynne

I understand what your saying, I was bullied quite a bit for having "ginger" hair and I would never want my son to go thru that by being different here in Tunisia. You try to protect them for the rest of their lives so 1 small operation is not going to affect him but make it better in my opinion.

The 1st question i will be asking the midwives when my daughter is born will be "what colour hair does she have"! :D
maybe its ok while u are living in tunisia. will you always live there with your child, will your husband divorce you etc etc ????????
no one knows the future.;)

Jane BM

maybe its ok while u are living in tunisia. will you always live there with your child, will your husband divorce you etc etc ????????
Nope, nobody knows the future, think we can all agree with that one....however i dont think most of us go through our lives thinking our husbands are going to divorce us!!! pretty negative stance to take for most people....regardless of whether its something that happens or not...

gem15

Yes I will always be living in Tunisia even "IF" we were to seperate I would want my child/children to see their father and tunisian family on a regualr basis. Myself and my children would be provided for I have no doubts about that! My family are here and it was my home before I met my husband.

ROULLA

Nope, nobody knows the future, think we can all agree with that one....however i dont think most of us go through our lives thinking our husbands are going to divorce us!!! pretty negative stance to take for most people....regardless of whether its something that happens or not...
Hi Jane hope that you and your family are all well! Yes I totally agree it is a very very negative way of thinking and before anyone says HOW DO YOU KNOW HE WON'T LEAVE YOU" I just know that he could not do without me nor me him;)but yes we do not know what lies ahead but thinking positive is a much better way of getting through anything on a day to day basis:)

ROULLA

Yes I will always be living in Tunisia even "IF" we were to seperate I would want my child/children to see their father and tunisian family on a regualr basis. Myself and my children would be provided for I have no doubts about that! My family are here and it was my home before I met my husband.
Hi Gem hope that you and your husband are both well! I love your way of thinking :)