Male circumcision

gem15

Hi Jane hope that you and your family are all well! Yes I totally agree it is a very very negative way of thinking and before anyone says HOW DO YOU KNOW HE WON'T LEAVE YOU" I just know that he could not do without me nor me him;)but yes we do not know what lies ahead but thinking positive is a much better way of getting through anything on a day to day basis:)
If people had this negative attitude no one would do anything. We wouldnt take risks in life which what makes us who we are. If I hadnt taken the risk to move over here then I would never have meet my husband and have the life that i have now.

The glass is always half full in my eyes and risks are there to be taken, if they work out then great but if they dont at least I have tried and lived life to the fullest!

gem15

Hi Gem hope that you and your husband are both well! I love your way of thinking :)
I cant stand it when the women use the children against their husband. They have no right to do that and the child will only resent them in the future (unless its for their safety). A child needs both parents in their life so why take that away from someone. My life is here and always will. :D

KheeKhee

If people had this negative attitude no one would do anything. We wouldnt take risks in life which what makes us who we are. If I hadnt taken the risk to move over here then I would never have meet my husband and have the life that i have now.

The glass is always half full in my eyes and risks are there to be taken, if they work out then great but if they dont at least I have tried and lived life to the fullest!
Life is a risk take it or leave it.

maynardlynne

Yes I will always be living in Tunisia even "IF" we were to seperate I would want my child/children to see their father and tunisian family on a regualr basis. Myself and my children would be provided for I have no doubts about that! My family are here and it was my home before I met my husband.
nice one:)

DragonZest

It must be so hard to cover a wound without plasters! Bless. At least now he is aware of the allergy.

I have an allergy to chrome/nickel (backing metals to cheap jewellery and metal buttons etc) so can only wear real gold and silver. Anything else and my skin reacts! Buttons on jeans are a pain and have to be covered.
I know this post was from ages ago but try painting on a bit of clear nail varnish to the back of the button on your jeans, do a couple of coats and just check it's still there after you've washed them or you need to reapply it before you wear them again.

ROULLA

German court rules circumcision is 'bodily harm'

Male circumcision is part of both Jewish and Muslim religious rituals
A court in Germany has ruled that circumcising young boys for religious reasons amounts to bodily harm.
In a decision that has caused outrage among Jewish and Muslim groups, the court said that a child's right to physical integrity trumps religious and parental rights.
The case involved a doctor who carried out a circumcision on a four year-old that led to medical complications.
Thousands of Muslim and Jewish boys are circumcised in Germany every year.
Although male circumcision - unlike female circumcision - is not illegal in Germany, the court's judgement said the "fundamental right of the child to bodily integrity outweighed the fundamental rights of the parents".
Circumcision, it decided, contravenes "interests of the child to decide later in life on his religious beliefs".
'Protect religious freedom'
The doctor involved in the case was acquitted and the ruling is not binding, but correspondents say it sets a precedent that would be taken into account by other German courts.
The president of Germany's Central Council of Jews, Dieter Graumann, called it "an unprecedented and dramatic intervention in the right of religious communities to self-determination".
He urged the country's parliament to clarify the legal situation "to protect religious freedom against attacks".
Male circumcision is part of the ancient religious rituals of both the Jewish and Muslim faiths, as well as the traditions of some tribal groups.
In some countries, such as the United States, it is also not uncommon for parents to request that young boys are circumcised for health reasons.
The BBC's Stephen Evans in Germany says it is unclear what the next legal step will be, but this issue is a moral and political minefield.

tiffjay

ive been reading threw this thread and have noticed people saying they talk to there husbands and make compromises before marriage. as you all know i already have a son with my husband and i have another baby on the way which we found out on friday is another boy, i to spoke to my husband about all this before we married and we agreed to disagree that when our son was older he would decide in his faith and learn everything about each religion as being in a mixed marriage your children need to learn best of both religions my husband decided that he would like my son who is 2 to not believe in christmas or santa because my husband wanted him to be fully muslim and i thought that was wrong as i have 2 children from a previous relationship who both love and believe in the spirit of christmas as a result of this arguement my husband has turned his back and walked out as i couldnt accept my son being circumcised

salim

If the father is a Muslim so his kids will be a Muslim too , no discussion in this close , as you are not a Muslim and your husband is , you can make an arrangement , they can share the fun of the Christmas ( gifts ) but not really believe in ,they must do their obligations as Muslim and this your obligation too as Mum of them you can by "Quaran " in English version and learn more since now

Jane BM

ive been reading threw this thread and have noticed people saying they talk to there husbands and make compromises before marriage. as you all know i already have a son with my husband and i have another baby on the way which we found out on friday is another boy, i to spoke to my husband about all this before we married and we agreed to disagree that when our son was older he would decide in his faith and learn everything about each religion as being in a mixed marriage your children need to learn best of both religions my husband decided that he would like my son who is 2 to not believe in christmas or santa because my husband wanted him to be fully muslim and i thought that was wrong as i have 2 children from a previous relationship who both love and believe in the spirit of christmas as a result of this arguement my husband has turned his back and walked out as i couldnt accept my son being circumcised
Ah Tiffjay I'm so sorry he's done this...hopefully it's just a hissy fit he's having!

So am I right in assuming that your husband now wants your 2 year old to be circumcised?

You did all the right things TJ, talking about all this kind of stuff before you got married, just seems he's moved the goalposts. So are you saying now then that your husband doesn't want ANY of you to celebrate Christmas? and all that goes with it? Cos that's not a particularly practical solution if you have 2 other children who DO celebrate Christmas, how on earth would that work!!

Is it normal for him to act in this way TJ? Don't answer on an open forum if you don't want, just say as little or much as you want.

It's a difficult one, personally I'm with you on this, and yes I guess it's one of the many problems that can be faced when entering into a mixed marriage with different customs and beliefs. I feel quite strongly, probably like you about any child of mine having to be circumcised for any other reason than medical BUT I know my husband feels differently and it's not particularly something we agree on.

However the Christmas thing gets on my nerves to be honest...not aiming this at your husband in particular...as you say there has to be compromise on BOTH parts, I'm assuming you yourself are not a Muslim, therefore Christmas and all that it entails is part of YOUR traditions and culture and also the tradition in the country where you are living!!

I'm sure you're in a bit of a mess right now and head all over the place, especially with another baby on the way (congratulations in that!), I'm sure he'll be back as soon as he's calmed down and then I guess it's time to have a serious talk about these issues. Walking out on you is hardly the mature way of handling the situation or trying to resolve your differences.

If you need anything from any of us Tiffjay just shout and remember its a TWO WAY street. He has to make some compromises here as well. Xxx

huttan

Well believe in santa isnt quite the same as believe in christian religion is it?....Santa is a creation from fantasy....that showed up in the late 1800 century from Jenny Nyströms illustrations and St Nicholas was a kind giving bishop in the 300 centery...who saved some poor people with his gifts(money)...sure we have the connection with thinking of that Jesus was born...but Santa and gifts is something people made up on the way...

ROULLA

Good morning Tiffjay I am also very sorry to hear that your husband walked out. Tiffjay I won't sit here and lie to you and say that my son was not circumsticed because he was and that was a painful day for both of us as we felt that we was harming him but don't ask it was done.
I have been lucky in the way that if I want to go to church with my mum lets say then my husband don't and won't say a thing as he says that he respects everyones choices and so do I respect peoples religion and choices but that does not mean that there won't be a christmas tree in our house as there will be and always has been,infact I am taking one to Tunisia with me this year.
Your husband done a very stupid thing by walking out, he could have gone for a walk to clear his head and then come back to discuss things through after all what will that solve NOTHING,, My children have both been to church with me or their grandmother infact my husband always collects her from church.
I really do feel for you Tiffjay because the fact is that you spoke about this before you married your husband.. He may cool down and come back but you still both need to sort it out. I wish you all the luck because it should have been a joyful moment hearing what gender you was having and instead of celebrating you are now feeling down which is not good for you. We are all hear just like Jane said if you need anything we are all here, take care:)

salim

Jane BM

That's the thing though Salim, if BOTH parents consent and agree, that's the problem with some mixed marriages though, if you have different beliefs and customs.

When children are baptised or receive First Holy Communion or their Confirmation in the Catholic Church it is a HUGE celebration. I remember wearing a gorgeous little white communion dress and veil for mine. What makes circumcision so contentious though is obviously because its a 'little op' or whatever you wish to call it and its difficult for non Muslims to view it the same way as a Muslim would.

Don't know how I'd feel if I was in Tiffjays shoes right now.

Mezoo

VIP Member
sorry tiffjay

salim

That's the thing though Salim, if BOTH parents consent and agree, that's the problem with some mixed marriages though, if you have different beliefs and customs.

When children are baptised or receive First Holy Communion or their Confirmation in the Catholic Church it is a HUGE celebration. I remember wearing a gorgeous little white communion dress and veil for mine. What makes circumcision so contentious though is obviously because its a 'little op' or whatever you wish to call it and its difficult for non Muslims to view it the same way as a Muslim would.

Don't know how I'd feel if I was in Tiffjays shoes right now.
Well Jane this is our culture , a lots of Arabic women got this experience and your hubbies too (include my self) nothing make us in danger , if i was married to European woman , sure my son must be circumsticed, he is a muslim , for the Christmas , we are in another country , all my friends ,neighbours celebrated this event and i will share the happiness with them by giving them my gifts , not really believe in, in the case i am in Tunisia sure not , no one celebrate the Christmas maybe the new year but no the xmas

ROULLA

Well i khnow , i understand how you feel all of you here , in Tunisia when the mother and the father fixed the right time for this , the mother seems very happy and make a big "show" lookhttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjd4o2_thour-thabet-1_people here :
Hi Salim hope that you are well! Salim this family really did go to town I mean the horse is even dressed up for the event, what I am unsure is has this boy already been circumcised as he is smiling plus he is sitting on the horse with must have been uncomfortable..

Mezoo

VIP Member
i was gonna ask too. probably before. most are i talk to are dragged into the room, if they know what is going to "really" happen.

salim

All of us (Tunisian / arabic men) got this experience !No one felt in bad health !

Mezoo

VIP Member
it's good for health, i've read