Male circumcision

salim

With all due respect Salim you are thinking from your perspective only. A child born in a Christian country to a Christian mother will be assumed by us to be a Christian, especially as in this case a discussion was had, and agreement reached that the child would be taught about both religions and allowed to make his/her mind up when old enough. Eminently sensible in my opinion but as has been shown, the actual reality may change things. I understand how things would be viewed in Tunisia but this is not the same as a European view.
This is our culture and this our religion , no one is forced to accept this , so don't let thing got another dimension , if you want to discuss or learn more or search more you can check this in the religion book or just ask ! By the way this is not the view in Tunisia as you said , this our view as Muslim around the world ! Our book was the last book that God send to the people !You can put your questions and discuss in the Muslim forum !

Scottochott

The boy is a muslim so he must do this ! nothing to add or to discuss
Beware of trying to impose your beliefs on others. There is another, equally valid view, and no-one can be proved right or wrong when it comes to religion, it is simply a matter of faith, usually so ingrained from an early age that people won't be swayed.

This is a very emotive subject for all, believers and non believers alike, so please, everyone, try to treat opposing beliefs with respect

salim

who told you i want to impose my view ? you can accept us with our beliefs or do not accept , this is your choice and if you have something you can go the Muslim forum and put all your questions !!!!!!!!I told my view , if the boy was born and his father is Muslim so his Muslim !

Scottochott

This is our culture and this our religion , no one is forced to accept this , so don't let thing got another dimension , if you want to discuss or learn more or search more you can check this in the religion book or just ask ! By the way this is not the view in Tunisia as you said , this our view as Muslim around the world ! Our book was the last book that God send to the people !You can put your questions and discuss in the Muslim forum !
I have read both books, and don't assume that I need to ask you questions. If you are unable to accept alternate beliefs to your own then please refrain from the subject. You may think non Muslims are wrong, and merely need to be educated to agree with you, some of us, perhaps older, wiser, and more experienced will disagree. Accept that and stop preaching. You are free to hold your beliefs but here you must accept others'.

Jane BM

What you're saying Salim is as a Muslim man, it's YOUR belief that your book was the last one written, that doesn't necessarily make it non Muslims belief....and you say no one is forced to accept it, but you said before that if a Muslim boy is born of a Muslim father then he is a Muslim, no discussion no debate...with respect that isn't the view of a non Muslim generally. For example I have very very good friends here, he is Moroccan and born a Muslim, his wife is English and a Christian and they have been married for over 30 years. They have a daughter who is 22, was born in England and raised in England. If you ask her, her mother or indeed her Muslim father if she was a Muslim they would all agree that she is NOT, she has been brought up as a Christian. Now the Quran may say that this is wrong, but that is to the Muslim faith NOT to the Christian faith.

What you have to see is its not a case of who is right and who is wrong, it's about different beliefs....and this is just one example of why mixed marriages can potentially be a minefield, so if nothing else thank your lucky stars that you won't be entering a mixed faith marriage...lol

salim

I have read both books, and don't assume that I need to ask you questions. If you are unable to accept alternate beliefs to your own then please refrain from the subject. You may think non Muslims are wrong, and merely need to be educated to agree with you, some of us, perhaps older, wiser, and more experienced will disagree. Accept that and stop preaching. You are free to hold your beliefs but here you must accept others'.
look Scoott , i am out this subejct , this our culture and our religion and how we believe so this word " If you are unable to accept alternate beliefs to your own then please refrain from the subject. You may think non Muslims are wrong, and merely need to be educated to agree with you, some of us, perhaps older, wiser, and more experienced will disagree" seems never in her right sense or place , if you don't like my post this is your point of view and i did not comment this , if you see something that i never mean this your problem , i am not responsible how people read and understand !
I think your are out of the subject , in my side ,i won't to enter or put my self in any discussion , like you said you have read many books so can re read them again !

salim

What you're saying Salim is as a Muslim man, it's YOUR belief that your book was the last one written, that doesn't necessarily make it non Muslims belief....and you say no one is forced to accept it, but you said before that if a Muslim boy is born of a Muslim father then he is a Muslim, no discussion no debate...with respect that isn't the view of a non Muslim generally. For example I have very very good friends here, he is Moroccan and born a Muslim, his wife is English and a Christian and they have been married for over 30 years. They have a daughter who is 22, was born in England and raised in England. If you ask her, her mother or indeed her Muslim father if she was a Muslim they would all agree that she is NOT, she has been brought up as a Christian. Now the Quran may say that this is wrong, but that is to the Muslim faith NOT to the Christian faith.

What you have to see is its not a case of who is right and who is wrong, it's about different beliefs....and this is just one example of why mixed marriages can potentially be a minefield, so if nothing else thank your lucky stars that you won't be entering a mixed faith marriage...lol
Eevreybody has his own view Jane and how he want he child do , if you have any questions or something put them on Muslim forum they will be more qualified to answer you

Scottochott

look Scoott , i am out this subejct , this our culture and our religion and how we believe so this word " If you are unable to accept alternate beliefs to your own then please refrain from the subject. You may think non Muslims are wrong, and merely need to be educated to agree with you, some of us, perhaps older, wiser, and more experienced will disagree" seems never in her right sense or place , if you don't like my post this is your point of view and i did not comment this , if you see something that i never mean this your problem , i am not responsible how people read and understand !
I think your are out of the subject , in my side ,i won't to enter or put my self in any discussion , like you said you have read many books so can re read them again !
You are showing the arrogance of youth and ignorance. Perhaps some time in the uk may open your eyes and mind.

salim

You are showing the arrogance of youth and ignorance. Perhaps some time in the uk may open your eyes and mind
I know my slef and what i must tell clearly and what i need to keep it for my slef , anyway thx for your comment

Scottochott

Eevreybody has his own view Jane and how he want he child do , if you have any questions or something put them on Muslim forum they will be more qualified to answer you
No Salim, you take your closed mind there, this NOT a Muslim forum.

ROULLA

Hi Salim hope that you are well! Salim everyone has their opinons and so do you which is fine, let me give you an example of something that I do not agree with..
Ok as you may know I love my husband dearly and when I first meet him I did not care where he was from and still don't as my feelings will never change.. When we first took our daughter when she was a baby to Tunisia I heard people saying that she was ONLY TUNISIAN and I will not lie to you I was very upset and said NO she is half Tunisian and half Greek and as her mother I gave birth to her does that not count and they said NO SHE is still Only Tunisian.. Well I now have two children as you know and don't care what people say my children are half Tunisian and half Greek and my husband says the same thing. Does this make sense to you ? I mean would you not agree that my children are half and half at the end of the day we are all proud of where are parents come from or where we were born, it does not matter where we was born or what we believe it after all we all have different opinions on everything otherwise the world would be very boring if we was all robots which we are not. Hope that I have made myself clear in what I was trying to say because sometimes things come out wrong:)

gem15

Why does it only apply to the boy and not a girl? I always thought ANY child born to a muslim man was muslim or does the girl not count??

Jane BM

Why does it only apply to the boy and not a girl? I always thought ANY child born to a muslim man was muslim or does the girl not count??
Jeez that could be opening a whole new can of worms....lol

gem15

Jeez that could be opening a whole new can of worms....lol
I know but we all know its a mans world the girls are an after thought with some people. :mad:

Jane BM

I know but we all know its a mans world the girls are an after thought with some people. :mad:
Fortunately we all know its women who make the world go round....

tiffjay

so salim your trying to say as i carried my son for 9 months and gave birth to him i have no right or say in how my son is brought up? whether you are Muslim, Christian or any other faith a child has 2 parents and in this case my marriage is a mixed marriage my son needs to know the values of both religions and respect both religions.

Jasmine

I was on the same understanding as you :confused:

caveatemptor

What a hoot it would be if when we get to heaven God says only Jews are allowed in.