Male circumcision

huttan

huttan

The Quran;

Al-Baqarah;

[2:62] Those who believe [in the Scripture], and those who profess the Jewish faith and the Christian and sabierna - yes, [all] who believe in God and the Last Day and who live an upright life - will surely get their reward with their Lord, and they shall be no fear, and no sorrow.

Isnt this a good point showing that we all should treat each other and each others religions/cultures with respect?;)

If its a bit of strange english blaim google! I just translated from the Quran...without changes...

stephstanley

My husband and I have a baby boy who will be raised as a muslim and so to follow tradition will need to be circumcised. I believe the NHS doesnt fund this in the UK and so would need to be private. I am concerned with this not being done by the NHS and want to find somewhere reputable, my husband said we could get it done when we go back to Tunisia but I would prefer to do this in the UK and so I wondered if anyone had done this and could recommend a place and also wondered what age the child was when it was performed, we are based in the north west.

Thanks

gem15

Have you asked your doctor advice on where to go? I'm sure he/she would know a reputable place. We are expecting a baby boy in March and will be getting him done as soon as possible rather than leaving it til later but we're based in Tunisia so will be done privately.

Hope you find the info you need.

sass

My husband and I have a baby boy who will be raised as a muslim and so to follow tradition will need to be circumcised. I believe the NHS doesnt fund this in the UK and so would need to be private. I am concerned with this not being done by the NHS and want to find somewhere reputable, my husband said we could get it done when we go back to Tunisia but I would prefer to do this in the UK and so I wondered if anyone had done this and could recommend a place and also wondered what age the child was when it was performed, we are based in the north west.

Thanks
Hi, I had 2 boys with my ex husband (Moroccan) and both were circumcised. We initially asked our GP, but he saw it as an unnecessary operation so we had them both circumcised in Morocco and I'm so glad we did, they have special private clinics just for this, so are experts in this field and it was also much cheaper. I have heard of some mistakes being made in this country as it is not an everyday operation. If you have the opportunity to have it done in his home country, I would take it.

Djerbia

Hi
All my nephew's got circumcised on the NHS and it's free. And it's done by a registered Dr so don't worry. Go for it best it's done early as possible so they recover quick.

Trulymadlydeeply

Really? For religious reasons on the NHS? I didn't think they did it unless a medical necessity.

sass

Really? For religious reasons on the NHS? I didn't think they did it unless a medical necessity.
In my experience they don't, you're absolutely right Truly

Djerbia

We are in the midlands and I just got it confirmed by my brother that it is free but if your child is older than 6 and then they will charge you for the service.

Djerbia

P.s 6week's

mand

We are going in May to do our little mans depending on circumstances there! Has any one traveld there recently and know what it's like in sousse?

June

Had my son done at 8days old and healed within a week! What age is your son ? Clinic olivier between kantaoui and sousse have the best Doctor there if you would like his name send me pm.

stephstanley

Thank you for the advice. Our NHS do not provide the service, as most do not in the Uk. The Imam at my husbands mosque provided us with details of the British council of mosques who arrange the service privately.

Baby had this done yesterday, He is almost 6 months, everything went well and although baby was upset yesterday he is back to usual self today. I would advise anyone doing this to get it done earlier though, we thought we would leave it a little as felt mean doing it to a really small baby but as he is almost 6 months he is trying to roll over and hit it etc!!!

Alep

the circumcision is an absolute medical aberation. the circumcision must be stopped and interdite.