Marriage advice

Maggiemay

Hi I live in Northern Ireland and my fiance lives in Tunisa we want to get married and live in Northern Ireland as I have two children to my previous marrage. Is it best for us to matty in Tunisa or Northern Ireland please

Jlj-987

Hi I live in Northern Ireland and my fiance lives in Tunisa we want to get married and live in Northern Ireland as I have two children to my previous marrage. Is it best for us to matty in Tunisa or Northern Ireland please
Id ask/advise you not to Marry him at all. The thousands of pounds it’s costing you to continue to go over there, not to mention if your already sending him any money just now, plus the hundreds it will cost you to marry him and the continued thousands of pounds it will cost you to keep him here untill he can become a citizen!!!…. I would urge you to Think Very long & hard. Especially for your 2 children & what impact this will all have on them. He’ll Never accept your children, especially as they get older. Sure, he’ll tell you otherwise, he’ll tell you everything you want to hear. Please look at your 2 kids and think on……

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Id ask/advise you not to Marry him at all. The thousands of pounds it’s costing you to continue to go over there, not to mention if your already sending him any money just now, plus the hundreds it will cost you to marry him and the continued thousands of pounds it will cost you to keep him here untill he can become a citizen!!!…. I would urge you to Think Very long & hard. Especially for your 2 children & what impact this will all have on them. He’ll Never accept your children, especially as they get older. Sure, he’ll tell you otherwise, he’ll tell you everything you want to hear. Please look at your 2 kids and think on……

Sorry to be down on your message but Jlj-987's advice is sound.....That is unless your husband to be is an experienced and educated professional who can look after you all.

If he is not and you are organising and paying for any of this especially with two children its most likely not going to end well you are about to start a journey of large expense and unless your potential husband has lived in Northern Island before a highly risky change in your relationship.

From my direct contacts out of ten relationships 7 out of ten dont work the ones that did are where the husband had a good job or was in the UK already and new the score.

The others form the usual pattern

get married > get to UK > find its not as nice as they hoped > get a starter job (if lucky) > fall in with bad crowd > dont have as much money as they hoped > want to send money back home/on themselves > get depressed/homesick > feel emasculated as not in charge > energy levels fall/depression > give up/ leave/affair.

Many dont even get that far and once papers done they are off as they transition from looser at home to rock star > 19 year old girlfriend and ditch you.

If you do not have the usual red flags (internet/holiday/crap job/age difference) then have a look at the latest costs and rules. I was married in Tunisia as my family could go there and my wife's could not. The process was relatively straight forward and as long as you earn the requisite income and have accommodation you should be fine.

Maggiemay

I was engaged to this person 13 yrs ago. He is a hard working man in his and his father's Fruit farm (which is a thriving business) the family would have me out ther tomorrow if I would go my family and myself have visited them a number of times they are genuine lovely people. His family would prefer if we lived over there but that's never going to be as am always going to live in Northern Ireland. He is paying any money that needs payed he's not asking me for money we met and fell in live wen I was 18 but I was to young to marry, he never settled with anyone even wen I got married in Northern Ireland. He is a qualified chef and was working in my country wen he came here on a 6 month visa 13yrs ago and lived in my family home, he showed me his wage slip every month and gave me more than half his wages kept very little for himself, I know its just not s ticket out of his country he's looking and it's defo not money x