Marriage in Tunisia (not to a Tunisian)

Shandos

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help...

Can anyone tell me if a European couple can marry here?

They have tried to e-mail the Embassy in Tunis, but they don't seem to understand their request and keep sending them the information for the usual type of Tunisian/European marriage.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting married here from a European background?

Thanks.

Trulymadlydeeply

I think one of the couple has to be Tunisian.. Not 100% sure though sorry

gem15

Europeans can marry here without any problems. Give the embassy a call instead of emailing.

Where were you thinking of getting married as you may need to speak to the person who will officiate the ceremony to see what they also need from you.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Shandos

I know of Christian couples who married in St Felix Church in Sousse, not European though.

Shandos

Thanks for the info Ladies :)

janette b

i can remember my last visit to the british embassy, there was a wall with bans displayed on it for upcoming weddings and obviously i had a nosey , lots of english names on there so it must be possible, yet i was always lead to believe one of you had to a tunisian

gem15

i can remember my last visit to the british embassy, there was a wall with bans displayed on it for upcoming weddings and obviously i had a nosey , lots of english names on there so it must be possible, yet i was always lead to believe one of you had to a tunisian
In theory when you enter the British embassy your on British soil so two British people can post their banns there. The banns are only there for people to object to the marriage if they have good reason. I dont know if Shandos's partner needs to post in his home town or not.

Anyway Congrats H on the engagement! :D