Marriage to Tunisians

Aussiegal

LOL at kizzey I have never had rose coloured glasses the man frustrates me on msn so i know it will be worse once he is here but in saying that when he is here i can hit him or do something so much easier in person lol

HollyLynn

Just to give a bit of background info - ever night our family and the family of hubbys brother got to hubbys parents to break our fast as one big family.

Yesterday all the kids (ours and the son of hubbys brother) were all being wild and out of control! My SIL and I spent the whole afternoon chasing the kids around, trying to prevent things from getting broke/damaged, keeping the peace, etc.

When it was finally time to sit down to dinner, we were pretty worn out. I joked that I am going to run away and leave the kids with hubby, which would in turn mean my MIL would have to take care of them. Here is how the conversation went (FYI, hubby wasn't there - he was working):

ME: I'm going to run away by myself and leave hubby to take care of the kids.
MIL: Oh no you don't! I'M going to run away!
BIL: Why don't you two run away together?
SIL: That means we'll get to watch all the kids.
BIL: No, we'll run away as well!
SIL: Then who is going to watch all the kids?
ME: (turning towards FIL) That just leaves you Baba. Can you handle them all?
FIL: Sure, no problem. They'll behave for me.
****sound of something breaking in the background****
ME: Good, they're yours as of 2 seconds ago!! :D
hahahahahahahahhaha! oh my! I could just picture that conversation! :D

Mrs H

Hi everyone! not been on here for soooooo long, been 'living the dream' or the NIGHTMARE, depending which day ha ha. Thought i would just give you an update. We have been married 2 years last May and hubby been here for 21 month. He got a job after 3 month and is still lovin it and we are nearly ready to do ILR soon. Have been dying to say though , to all you ladies waiting for the visas....TAKE OFF THEROSE COLOURED GLASSES!! "Oh if only he were here with me my life would be complete. NO it won't, your life will be turned upside down and sometimes you won't even know who you are anymore! Nearly 2 years and I just about got him round to my way of thinking, bless him.
We are settled and happy, no major problems, but the little things that will bug you are too numerous to mention. I certainly think I have a good one but who knows, after some of the stories on here......its scarey. Anyway, sorry to go on and best wishes to you all xx:)
Lol - know the feeling. H only been here 4 months and I was under no illusions about what it would be like once he got here :rolleyes:. From the start of our relationship we argued a lot, maybe cos we are so alike. I had been on my own for a few years & was enjoying the single life.. doing what I wanted when I wanted & not having to answer to anyone. So having a man under the same roof was always going to be difficult, never mind a Tunisian man :rolleyes:. But having said that, everything is good, baby on the way, H working (shifts which gives me some time to myself :D), but I'm not saying it isnt really hard sometimes. I was hoping to have him trained to my way of thinking in 6 months but it looks like it might take a little longer :(, just hope it doesnt take too much longer :D

Nix

crazypink

Was in hospital yesterday - had to have an operation. Hubby has been wonderful. Cooking, tidying-up, sorting my pain relief. He went to buy bread and came back with a large bar of chocolate lol.......sweetheart!!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Trulymadlydeeply

Best wishes for a spedy recovery xx

Chocolate is always good ;)

Mrs H

Was in hospital yesterday - had to have an operation. Hubby has been wonderful. Cooking, tidying-up, sorting my pain relief. He went to buy bread and came back with a large bar of chocolate lol.......sweetheart!!

Hope you feeling better soon x
But dont tell hubby too quick that you are ok, make the most of it while you can :D

annie

Hope you are better soon.xxxx

ROULLA

Hi Crazypink sorry to hear that you had too go into hospital and have an operation, hope that it was not too serious.. Hope that you will be feeling better soon x x:)

crazypink

Thanx everyone!! And yes chocolate is always good lol.

Roulla - will e-mail you hunni x x

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

FoxyRoxie89

Get well soon xx

Soltef

I hope you recover swiftly (but tell your hubby you need a 'slow recuperation', as per your 'doctor's orders', with no heavy work,lifting(not even the TV remote control), etc!!

Tunisianbelle

Oh sweetie I hope you are okay and that it wasn't anything serious!

It's so sweet that your hubby brought you chocolate as a surprise - nothing helps bring a smile to the face like chocolate!:D

ROULLA

Well this is a good thread to come out of the closet as i am more than sure that there are loads who are happily married, engaged or have a partner..

flower82

Hi!

Yes i am happy and my fiance is also soo happy=)
We meet on internet and I have also visited him in Haidra. He is 21 and I am 28, in sweden we call it lambmeat hahah.

Our plan is to get married when i go to visit him 28/5-6/6. So now we are fixing all the pappers with translation and thousands of stamps;) We will first get marrie din Haidra and then go for a huneymoon to Madhea and Sousse. We plan to rent a car and drive around to see as much as possible. We will also fix the rings now who we think is most important, since they are for the rest of our life.
Then we will look at dresses and other nice things for the party, i think he does not understand how much i like to plan parties heheh!!!

The party will be in september so that my closest friends and family can attend. We will mix the Haidra and Swedish traditions. Someone have been in a Haidra weddingparty??

Hugs Linda

nyannala

is it me or is tunisan men so secretive, they dont like to say much and hate answering questions which is so frustrating,trying to get information out of my partner is so pain staking stressful, ive run up my phone bill, as he credit always runs out, he contacts me daily, and say to me when i ask about things, dont worry everything will be fine, and that he is sorting things out, but im a person i like to see what is being planned, but he wont tell, me everything, he did the same sort of thing when i went over to tunis he said dont worry everything will be ok which it was but i am very i need to no sort of person, i start thinking things which he get's anoyed with, weve had a few raised moments, he's wants me to like there in tunisa, but dont mind coming to england for a couple monhs then go back as he has to work to surport his family, as they are dependent on his income, his mum not long out of hospital so he do have a lot of stress, but he deal's with it and have done for many year's in his own way, maybe that's why he's sailing through planning the wedding, but my pocket is empty, but he still need the last 600 which is so stressfull as i havent got it, ive got maybe 400 left, luckliy ive already brougth and paid for my flight ticket, and dress, just have to save fore spending money, but he said just get flight nothing else, dont worry about money, he will pay for everything, i need so reassuance im i just being a typical bride to be, or bridezilla...x

missmetal

is it me or is tunisan men so secretive, they dont like to say much and hate answering questions which is so frustrating,trying to get information out of my partner is so pain staking stressful, ive run up my phone bill, as he credit always runs out, he contacts me daily, and say to me when i ask about things, dont worry everything will be fine, and that he is sorting things out, but im a person i like to see what is being planned, but he wont tell, me everything, he did the same sort of thing when i went over to tunis he said dont worry everything will be ok which it was but i am very i need to no sort of person, i start thinking things which he get's anoyed with, weve had a few raised moments, he's wants me to like there in tunisa, but dont mind coming to england for a couple monhs then go back as he has to work to surport his family, as they are dependent on his income, his mum not long out of hospital so he do have a lot of stress, but he deal's with it and have done for many year's in his own way, maybe that's why he's sailing through planning the wedding, but my pocket is empty, but he still need the last 600 which is so stressfull as i havent got it, ive got maybe 400 left, luckliy ive already brougth and paid for my flight ticket, and dress, just have to save fore spending money, but he said just get flight nothing else, dont worry about money, he will pay for everything, i need so reassuance im i just being a typical bride to be, or bridezilla...x
What kind of things do u need to know? If it's paperwork related....this site is your source. However one thing I learned is that stuff is never 100% confirmed...sometimes...lol! Our weren't happened a day later than expected. Go as prepared as u can...especially having your own money.

I found a lot of useful info here and hubby did do some ground work over there...but we figured out the rest when we were together.

zara

Hi, I'm new to this site and would really appreciate some help. I'm planning on getting married in August next year (2013) to my Tunisian partner (male). I've been reading the numerous threads but it's all so confusing. Is there an order to the things that I need to do? Should my partner be studying for the English test now and if so what is or are the tests called? Should I start applying for or gather paperwork now and if so what paperwork? It would be great if some angel could write a simple crib sheet of things to do. Please help and a big thank you in advance.

Jane BM

Hi, I'm new to this site and would really appreciate some help. I'm planning on getting married in August next year (2013) to my Tunisian partner (male). I've been reading the numerous threads but it's all so confusing. Is there an order to the things that I need to do? Should my partner be studying for the English test now and if so what is or are the tests called? Should I start applying for or gather paperwork now and if so what paperwork? It would be great if some angel could write a simple crib sheet of things to do. Please help and a big thank you in advance.
Hi Zara and welcome to the forum.

That's two separate issues you're dealing with, so don't confuse the paperwork required.

Firstly for your marriage, nearer the time you will need to apply for a CONI from your local registry office, this is valid for 3 months and has to be taken to the British Embassy in Tunis to be translated. You'll also need an original birth certificate which is no older than 21 days at the date of your marriage. Any divorce papers you have need to be taken too...all these you need to have translated over there as well. You'll also both need a blood test done prior to the wedding over there. I'm sure other people will add to the list if I've forgotten anything.

As far as a visa is concerned, the list could go on and on, so I suggest you take the time to go through the various threads on here and pick what's relevant to your particular application. There is no such thing as an absolute list of things, all applications are different. Have a read through the immigration regulations on UKBA website and make sure that you fulfil the requirements, then it's just a case of providing the evidence of same. For example, you need to earn over £18,600 otherwise the visa will be refused. Bear in mind also that the regulations change frequently so in a few months it may be a different set of rules.

As far as the English test goes, go to the British Council website, it will give you all the information you need. There's the IELTS test and the KET test...again I'm sure if anyone knows what else, they'll post too.

Best of luck.

Jasmine

Welcome to the forum Zara :)