Marriage

Jane BM

BUT i have heard if they have an idea the child is tunisian they can demand DNA tests and keepo you there until the results are in.
I've heard that as well....basically, stuffed then!! :confused:

Trulymadlydeeply

I wonder how it would go down if you gave your child your (mums) surname if you get questioned just say you don't know who the father is? ;)

Essem

Staff member
Tell them it was a sperm donor and watch their faces:oops:

KB72

I wonder how it would go down if you gave your child your (mums) surname if you get questioned just say you don't know who the father is? ;)
My son has my surname on his passport. They never question me at passport control. I have told Mr Tunisia, the only time it will be changing is when he is here, however, for ease of travel I will just keep my surname on his passport.

Mindy2

Can I ask something. Hope its the right thread lol. I know in Tunisia that dating is done sort of in secret until the couple decide that they want to marry, then they tell the parents. I have come across a case whereby a girl's family want her to marry a friend's son. She has refused and told her family she loves someone else. The mother and the family are now making problems for the girl (I don't know what exactly). Any ideas as to what problems they could be causing? Whilst they cant make the girl marry the friend's son, can they refuse to let her marry the man she loves? If they refused to let her marry him and she goes ahead anyway what would happen? Im intrigued.

robynnehm

I have a quick question about my birth certificate. I am aware it will be valid for 21 days once it's copied but we need to give 28 days notice at the tunisian registery office in gabes. If I take it in october and we go to the registery office and show it then after its translated and get married in November will that be ok or will I need another copy? The registery office in gabes has told my partner they need to see it when we book the date for nov, so does that mean I don't need it for the wedding day because they'll have it then... I was under the impression that the birth certificate is valid for 2 days but they need it on the wedding day. Information is greatly appreciated x x x

Jane BM

I have a quick question about my birth certificate. I am aware it will be valid for 21 days once it's copied but we need to give 28 days notice at the tunisian registery office in gabes. If I take it in october and we go to the registery office and show it then after its translated and get married in November will that be ok or will I need another copy? The registery office in gabes has told my partner they need to see it when we book the date for nov, so does that mean I don't need it for the wedding day because they'll have it then... I was under the impression that the birth certificate is valid for 2 days but they need it on the wedding day. Information is greatly appreciated x x x
You don't need it to book a wedding, you just need it to give to the registrar along with your translated CONI etc prior to the ceremony. X

robynnehm

So not on the ceremony day? Ahhh so I can take everything in october? Brilliant! Phew. X

Jane BM

So not on the ceremony day? Ahhh so I can take everything in october? Brilliant! Phew. X
Ceremony day? Basically when you go over to get married take your paperwork with you then, get it translated over there and then your partner needs to give it to the registrar along with his own paperwork maybe a day or so before you marry. X

robynnehm

Yea ceremony day... The wedding day x but thanks for the swift reply x I can take them in before... The registry office are asking us to give them 28 days notice that's all so I can take it in then x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Can I ask something. Hope its the right thread lol. I know in Tunisia that dating is done sort of in secret until the couple decide that they want to marry, then they tell the parents. I have come across a case whereby a girl's family want her to marry a friend's son. She has refused and told her family she loves someone else. The mother and the family are now making problems for the girl (I don't know what exactly). Any ideas as to what problems they could be causing? Whilst they cant make the girl marry the friend's son, can they refuse to let her marry the man she loves? If they refused to let her marry him and she goes ahead anyway what would happen? Im intrigued.
In Tunisia forced marriages are not legally supported nor are they in islam (though in some muslim countries arranged marriages/money marriages are culturally the norm).

As long as the girl is old enough she can marry who she likes though this seldom happens without fathers permission as family is very important in Tunisia.

Mums in Tunisia are very influential in matchmaking and their needs (money, nice family, job, reliable) may run counter to their daughters priorities (flash, hunk, cool, fun).

When you have a situation where a Tunisian mum thinks that her friends son is a good match and has the bonus of being even closer to a close friend the desire to have it happen can lead to pestering and coercion especially if the girl is older.

Honestly if you see a Tunisian girl who a bit out of your league looks wise turn the charm on the mum!

Mezoo

VIP Member
In Tunisia, honestly if you see a Tunisian girl who a bit out of your league looks wise turn the charm on the mum!
true

robynnehm

So I have my Coni is process... my birth certificate I can get and my.blood test ill do out there... ive tried calling the tunisian embassy in London.. no answer, doesnt surprise me. Is there really anything else I need? I will take passport.photos too... just in case. And partner has told me the registery office in gabes are happy to get my.papers in october x don't need to wait till Nov. Excitinggg times heheheh x thanks for your help everyone x

Trulymadlydeeply

Tunisian Embassy in London will not help/advise you in any way!! They are there for Tunisian citizens.

Jane BM

So I have my Coni is process... my birth certificate I can get and my.blood test ill do out there... ive tried calling the tunisian embassy in London.. no answer, doesnt surprise me. Is there really anything else I need? I will take passport.photos too... just in case. And partner has told me the registery office in gabes are happy to get my.papers in october x don't need to wait till Nov. Excitinggg times heheheh x thanks for your help everyone x
Why have you called the Tunisian embassy in London? It's the British embassy in Tunis that you take your CONI to. X

robynnehm

I did it to see if they could answer my questions.. jeese sorry.

I ask if I have the right papers and if I need anything else and all people say is why have you called the embassy?
Helpful.

Jane BM

I did it to see if they could answer my questions.. jeese sorry.

I ask if I have the right papers and if I need anything else and all people say is why have you called the embassy?
Helpful.
and there's nothing like throwing people's help back in their face!!!!

robynnehm

I'm not throwing it back in your face at all. I'm just saying I'm struggling with what information I can get and I need to know if there's anything else I need... I don't need people telling me i shouldn't be calling places x that doesn't answer the question

Sorry

annibee

might be reading this wrong but if you take your papers october for november wont you birth certificate be out of time?