marrige?!

yay84

hey guys its been while since i been here soooo how u all doing>?! :)

right i got few issues with family in tunisia saying that its time i settle down?!
my grandad passed way in may and family have been worse since cos im 26 and got 2 kids they think i need a man in my life and a Tunisian one at that! but i am not sure if a tunisian from tunisia is wot i need lol and i find it hard to find half halfs like my self or even a tunisian brit any 1 got any advise?

MellieC

hiya,

interesting dilemma!

IF you want a man in your life, its usually the case that one appears when least expected.

I dunno about looking for someone from a specific country when you are as you say half half lol

do what is right for you.

yay84

wots right for me at this moment in time i dont have the money to fund lol cos wot i need it a trip round the world away from my interfering family even thou i love them dearly!! lol

K

Kassie

wots right for me at this moment in time i dont have the money to fund lol cos wot i need it a trip round the world away from my interfering family even thou i love them dearly!! lol
....go with your heart ....and enjoy! :)!!

Kassie

xxx

Hbrown1

Banned
Hiya,

What a lot of poppycock this is, i have 2 sons 25 and 27 also a daughter of 21.

If i said you are going to marry whom ever they would think i fell on my head!!

There are a lot of single parents out there and hey they do a fatastic job without a man.

Don't be pressured into anything live life to the full

Take care xx xx

Essem

Staff member
Hi yay

It's your life - your family can say all they like but ultimately it's your happiness that matters and it sounds as if you have enough on your plate to deal with with 2 young children. Does your family think you need someone to finance your life? Were you married to a Tunisian before? And if you went looking in Tn for a suitable man, would you be prepared to live there - what about your children's father, wouldn't he have something to say about that? (Don't mean to be intrusive and you don't need to go into detail).

I've never been able to understand women or men who cannot live without a partner in their lives. Many look for someone to 'make them happy' not realising that happiness comes from within so until you are happy and settled within yourself.

Naturally, marriage is Tn is meant to be the b-all and end-all but unless it's for the 'right' reasons ie not because they think it's time for you to settle down why bother.

Old fashioned me - I use to think that having a family was being settled down!

FoxyRoxie89

Yay do what is right for you and YOUR heart, I am completely english (ok maybe not who is these days but you know what I mean) and when I met my fiance to be from tunisia, I was actually thinking the opposite.. how no way did I want a man and especially not a tunisian after all I had heard.. oooppppss look what I got myself into!

Anyway what I am saying is the man you are meant to be with will come when you are least expecting it, and because of this it will be a man you want, not looked for and settled with xx

gem15

Yay do what is right for you and YOUR heart, I am completely english (ok maybe not who is these days but you know what I mean) and when I met my fiance to be from tunisia, I was actually thinking the opposite.. how no way did I want a man and especially not a tunisian after all I had heard.. oooppppss look what I got myself into!

Anyway what I am saying is the man you are meant to be with will come when you are least expecting it, and because of this it will be a man you want, not looked for and settled with xx
I was the same way FoxyRoxie, I vowed to myself I would never marry or even have a relationship with a tunisian and now im marrying one in October.

Things happen that you have no control over. LOL

Dont go looking for anything it always come to you. If you look then it will never happen if you stop looking it will come naturally.

FoxyRoxie89

Gem its true though I was on the plane going over saying I am use to growing up with turkish guys, they are similiar I know what they are like I have seen it from their side (as I was never really with one but grew up going to turkey and they looked after me from actually knowing me ) no way I am getting involved with a tunisian.. haha 2nd night and I am dancing on dance floor and me and s just started dancing together I can remember him asking my name and age and I asked back his age and he got his i.d card out, we danced for hours... one best nights I had had in a long time.. he kept saying I want to kiss u and I said no I dont kiss strangers!! anyway the night ended he walked me home to my hotel after we had got something to eat and he said he would be outside my hotel at 1pm I didnt believe him and the next day was coming out the hotel at about 1.30pm to go to the market with my friends and he was there waiting hahaha bless him!! the rest is history but the making of my future !! x

crazypink

Yay im sure your family just want to see you happy and in a settled relationship. Sometimes they just dnt go the right way about it lol. By the sounds of it they arnt too strict and not being too forceful.

Remind them that its your life and when the time is right the man you are meant to be with will come into your life. Im sure they are worrying un-neccessarily about you.

Take care.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

missmetal

Crazypink...good idea! I think they are just worried that you will be alone as they probably dont see you dating. Their mindset is most likely old school that a man and women need each other and it has to be that way.

Live your own life and dont give into pressure from anyone. Dating someone from Tunisia comes with a lot of challenges, and if you want that kind of challenge now, then go for a visit. But realistically, just be with someone that suits you, and dont do it out of desperation.