Marrying a Younger Tunisian Man

Jasmine

Why would you stay with a stranger? Who you have only been online with? :eek: Take it he dont work if hes online "all day" :D

Typical bezness behaviour where the family are complicit, as you say it's not normal behaviour, neither is acceptance of such a wide age gap. I would echo other advice to stay in a hotel, it strikes me as naive in the extreme to plan to stay in the house of strangers. You are almost certainly being reeled in, sorry to say. You say you have researched beznesswhy then does this not strike you as such? It fits every pattern we are all i familiar with!
My friend has invited me for vacation stay with him and his family in his home, why is this so strange-i am getting to know this person before i come there, it wont be until July so there is plenty of time to get to know more of him....

gem15

Surely this is a wind up!

Scottochott

My friend has invited me for vacation stay with him and his family in his home, why is this so strange-i am getting to know this person before i come there, it wont be until July so there is plenty of time to get to know more of him....
:banghead::banghead::banghead: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are getting to know the online persona he is showing you, you have no clue about the reality. However there is no point arguing with you, I hope your rose-tinted world works out, but I suspect you will end up as another bezness statistic. Nothing more to say.

June

This has got to be a joke! Their probably not even his family your talking to! I hope you've other contacts for when you arrive! I'd suggest an embassy phone number top of your list.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are getting to know the online persona he is showing you, you have no clue about the reality. However there is no point arguing with you, I hope your rose-tinted world works out, but I suspect you will end up as another bezness statistic. Nothing more to say.
Well, have a good day yourself!!!!

gem15

Please enlighten us on your knowledge of bezness as you have stated you know all about it.

Moonsky

Typical bezness behaviour where the family are complicit, as you say it's not normal behaviour, neither is acceptance of such a wide age gap. I would echo other advice to stay in a hotel, it strikes me as naive in the extreme to plan to stay in the house of strangers. You are almost certainly being reeled in, sorry to say. You say you have researched bezness, why then does this not strike you as such? It fits every pattern we are all familiar with!
Thanks Scottochott for your candid response and for echoing my words.

I wish there was something that could be put in the water to calm this terrible, leach-like behaviour.

My friend is still reeling from her (now over) age difference relationship. Typical story... met on line, coerced her to coming over here, then borrowed a shed-load of money that was never repaid. Then, almost three years down the line, when she said that whilst she loved him she did not want to marry again (previously divorced) the never ending declarations of love and the visits started to dry up very rapidly. To cut a long story short he confessed in the end that for the last 10 months of the relationship he'd been engaged to a Tunisian girl (no doubt the money that was "borrowed" helped pay for gifts and an engagement party) and what he really wanted was an exit route from Tunisia. But, if she changed her mind he'd call off the engagement and go back to the UK with her... the worse aspect of this tale of woe was that my friend, who is dear to me, loved that man with all her heart.

Sadly, she is just one victim in many, many thousands of women that get conned.

Jane BM

Shelly you're clearly not going to take the advise offered here and will justify or rationalise your reasoning...so the best of luck.

What I will say is that if you are considering going to meet this man, please please do not stay in the family home...find a hotel and book in there.....please think of your own safety and don't be so reckless.

annibee

This is typical behavior of his family??? I heard from many that it is typically not accepted for his family to welcome me to stay in his home when i come to visit.?? Also they would not be too accepting on age difference. i am 47 and he is 24...his family seems to not mind..is there any light you can bring to this subject for me?? i have checked also for saftey of coming to the country...it is safe in the area he resides-it is not southeastern tunsia.
hi it does not really matter which area he resides in the FCO advises against all but essential travel to the whole of Tunisia which makes it extremely difficult for those wanting to travel there to get insurance cover

Rosewater

It is unacceptable in this culture to marry ANYONE that is +5 or -5 years difference in age.
Lol i know many tunisian women whom T.husband younger them

Rosewater

lol if i was him i would visit you in your country or stay with you in a hotel , i will never invite a girl in my parent's house, that's beyond stupid ahahah

Jane BM

Lol i know many tunisian women whom T.husband younger them
Yep...my father in law is 10 years older than my mother in law...married now 35 years.

Ann

Hi - this is my first post here. I'm here to learn. I am a similar situation as Shelly and really have to make some decisions about my trip fast. I'm also scheduled to visit Tunis in July. There is a major age difference between myself and my friend. I don't get any negative vibes from him at all - and he says that he does not need my money (and he has not asked for any).

I was scheduled to stay with him but have heard that is against Tunisian law. Does anyone know about this?

I think that I will schedule to stay at a hotel or hostel at least for the first week until I can better understand what I'm walking into. Any suggestions for affordable lodging in Tunis area near Mourouj?

While it would be great to find the love of my life, I'm realistic enough to know that a trip to the USA if we should ever marry may very well be in the back of his mind. I did this once before for a Jamaican friend and have no regrets that I helped him in his time of need.

While I'd love to find lasting personal happiness with this man, I'm willing just to spend my two weeks getting to know him & seeing what real life is like in Tunisia. I have no blinders on. I know what I will see will be much different than what I experience everyday.

I would just like to meet this man in person so I know if there really is a good friendship between us - or not. I can walk away from him at any moment if our friendship turns sour.

I'm just concerned reading all of the insinuations of mental & emotional misuse by Tunisian men toward European/American women. I don't know if this is endemic or if forums like this simply become "b*tch" forums by women who have a hard time saying "no" to a man.

Please post your ideas here for me to read later today as I have to confirm my travel arrangements by midnight tonight for my July visit. Thank You.

Rosewater

I was scheduled to stay with him but have heard that is against Tunisian law. Does anyone know about this?
You both can stay alone in the house , no one cares

Ann

You both can stay alone in the house , no one cares
Thanks Rosewater! Please - more ideas from others here. I'll check back here periodically.